Carbon dating suggests ‘world’s oldest’ Koran is older than the Prophet Muhammad

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2015, 05:57 AM
Carbon dating suggests ‘world’s oldest’ Koran is older than the Prophet Muhammad
Interesting research published at the weekend.

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/carbon-...-muhammad/

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/faith/article4542663.ece

This apparently "lends credibility to the historical view that Muhammad and his followers collected text that was already in circulation to fit their own political and theological agenda, rather than receiving revelations from heaven."

Mirrors other more recent cults/religions I guess and probably older ones too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Silly Deity's post
01-09-2015, 05:59 AM
RE: Carbon dating suggests ‘world’s oldest’ Koran is older than the Prophet Muhammad
(01-09-2015 05:57 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Interesting research published at the weekend.

[url]https://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/carbon-dating-suggests-worlds-oldest-koran-is-even-older-than-the-prophet-muhammad/
[/url]

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/faith/article4542663.ece

This apparently "lends credibility to the historical view that Muhammad and his followers collected text that was already in circulation to fit their own political and theological agenda, rather than receiving revelations from heaven."

Mirrors other more recent cults/religions I guess and probably older ones too.

Well it's a good thing that carbon dating doesn't work! I'd hate to imagine how much blood would be spilled if it did...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
01-09-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: Carbon dating suggests ‘world’s oldest’ Koran is older than the Prophet Muhammad
Quote:Carbon dating of a fragment from a Koran stored at a Birmingham library suggests that the book was produced between 568 and 645 A.D., said scientists at the University of Oxford, but Islamic scholars generally believe Muhammad lived between 570 and 632 A.D.

He came from his own book, that he wrote, kinda like the terminator. Considering what a pain in the ass Islam is, that's kinda scary. Evil_monster

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-09-2015, 06:15 AM
It's easily explained when you realize that man created god, instead of the less likely other way around.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
01-09-2015, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2015 09:23 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Muhammad never existed. They made up Islam from the moon-god- cult that already existed in Arabia. Robert Spencer has a number of YouTube videos on the subject. They cooked up Islam to unify the empire. It was a well known trick. Judaism and Christianity were good models for doing that, and how to make that work, successully.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid169445

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-09-2015, 09:05 AM
I posted that video to my FBook page; hopefully my same fundie family that won't watch science videos will at least learn why Islam is BS. (They already think it is, but not for legitimate reasons.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
01-09-2015, 09:19 AM
(01-09-2015 09:05 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I posted that video to my FBook page; hopefully my same fundie family that won't watch science videos will at least learn why Islam is BS. (They already think it is, but not for legitimate reasons.)

It's a good trick, 'cos they're bound to wonder about the Bible even as they like the conclusion about the Koran.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-09-2015, 09:26 AM
(01-09-2015 09:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  It's a good trick, 'cos they're bound to wonder...

Huh

Then you woke up. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-09-2015, 09:26 AM
(01-09-2015 06:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Muhammad never existed.

lol

Bucky strikes again!

Thumbsup

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
01-09-2015, 02:27 PM
(01-09-2015 09:26 AM)Free Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 06:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Muhammad never existed.

lol

Bucky strikes again!

Thumbsup

Listen to Spencer's video, and refute his history, fine sir, or the other video.
Islam grew directly from the moon-god cult (the god Sin) from Arabia. There are multiple borrowed elements in Islam from its precursor. The three celestial object-godesses that were named in the Satanic Verses, are Sin's 3 daughters, (which is why Islamists get so wacked out when they hear about them). Despite the claim, it has really nothing to do with the "Abrahamic" god. Why is the crescent moon so ubiquitous ? Because "Al-Illa" was the crescent phase of the moon-god, Sin.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post