Cardinal George Pell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2016, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2016 01:44 AM by DLJ.)
Cardinal George Pell
After pleading illness to get out of coming home for the royal commission into child sex abuse and his horrible interview via video-link people have now come forward with allegations of abuse made by him. George Pell subject of Victoria Police investigation into multiple allegations of sexual abuse He then has the audacity to attack the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Channel) and Victorian Police. "George Pell demands investigation into Victoria Police, ABC over sexual abuse allegations"
I will never be able to express my discontent for this slime ball who hides behind the skirts of the church and for the church itself for this continual denial and perpetuating a culture of cover up all the while having the nerve to perpetuate their superiority!! Angry

P.s they are Australian webpages so not sure if the videos will work for all but here is one that I know will work

Tim Minchin's "Come Home Cardinal Pell"
great song was made raise fund to get people who were abuse to Vatican so they could confront Pell themselves as he was too gutless to come to Aus.

My tolerance done not extend to your intolerance Angel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like no_s_sherlock's post
28-07-2016, 02:12 AM
RE: Cardinal George Pell
This was the same guy who claimed he couldn't fly back to Australia to be questioned by the police because he has a serious health problem.

The same guy who was later spotted walking around and tucking into steak and fries with a glass of beer in a Rome restaurant.

[Image: 33FFC50A00000578-3582232-image-a-1_1462857250189.jpg]

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
30-07-2016, 04:15 PM
Parents at a Catholic primary school in Mentone (a Melbourne, Victoria suburb) are agitating to have a portrait of Cardinal George Pell removed from their school hall after allegations of sexual abuse emerged against the priest recently.

On Wednesday night, [an ABC national TV show] aired detailed allegations made by former students of St Alipius primary school in Ballarat, Victoria, who alleged Cardinal Pell would play with them in the swimming pool and molest them by touching their genitals under water.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/parent...qgqhg.html

The Victorian police should be applying for an extradition order to force Pell's return to Australia to answer the charges in court, although I'm pretty certain the Vatican city is exempt from our current bilateral extradition treaty with Italy. How convenient.

Pell was forced to tender his resignation last month when he turned 75—which is the mandatory retiring age for Catholic senior clergy. However, the pope refused to accept it (as his right apparently?) which lets Pell stay in the job, and living in his $30 million mansion in Rome until he's 78.

Rome will do anything in order to keep Pell out of Australia, because they know in all likelihood he'd be charged by police on suspicion of the sexual assault of minors should he return. And this is also the reason he feigned "heart problems" and refused to return for the Royal Commission into Catholic clergy child abuse. And they probably know that Pell would spill the beans on the entire Australian Catholic hierarchy—in return for indemnity against any charges against himself.

Earlier, Pell also acted as a defence advocate for multiple paedophile priest Gerald Francis Ridsdale, when he was convicted in Victoria and sentenced to life in jail.

Pell had also shared a house with Ridsdale in Ballarat in Victoria during the time Ridsdale was assaulting children, but claims he knew nothing about it—despite other less-senior Catholic clergy in the diocese being aware of Ridsdale's kiddy fiddling during that time period.

Pell has also refused Holy Communion to openly gay and lesbian parishioners, coupling a past confrontation over the issue with an attack on homosexuality. Citing the new [sic] conservative mantra of the Catholic church, Pell had told the congregation at St Mary's Cathedral in Sydney that "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve and that important consequences follow from this".

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
30-07-2016, 05:24 PM
(28-07-2016 12:22 AM)no_s_sherlock Wrote:  After pleading illness to get out of coming home for the royal commission into child sex abuse and his horrible interview via video-link people have now come forward with allegations of abuse made by him. George Pell subject of Victoria Police investigation into multiple allegations of sexual abuse He then has the audacity to attack the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Channel) and Victorian Police. "George Pell demands investigation into Victoria Police, ABC over sexual abuse allegations"
I will never be able to express my discontent for this slime ball who hides behind the skirts of the church and for the church itself for this continual denial and perpetuating a culture of cover up all the while having the nerve to perpetuate their superiority!! Angry

P.s they are Australian webpages so not sure if the videos will work for all but here is one that I know will work

Tim Minchin's "Come Home Cardinal Pell"
great song was made raise fund to get people who were abuse to Vatican so they could confront Pell themselves as he was too gutless to come to Aus.

I Heart Tim!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
30-07-2016, 05:34 PM
I Heart Tim!
[/quote]

Me too!!! Straight talker/singer Wink and oh sooo talented.

[+] 1 user Likes no_s_sherlock's post
30-07-2016, 05:46 PM
I had a letter published in the Sydney morning Herald about Pell. Smile

What a scumbag!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
30-07-2016, 07:44 PM
There's a moment in the Dawkins / Pell *debate* (on YouTube, held in Australia), if you could call it a debate ... (towards the end, I think Pell was talking about "communion" and their belief that the "substance" of the bread is changed into Jesus). It's a classic moment. Pell gets totally humilated by Dawkins, who says something like "Well, whatever language you're talking in, it's not the way normal people use the English language". Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-07-2016, 11:58 PM
Thinking that 'god' is your special friend can make even the sleaziest scumbag think he can do whatever he wants, Sherlock.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
31-07-2016, 12:03 AM
There is petition going to get the pope to make Pell step aside!

https://www.change.org/p/the-pope-pell-m...m=copylink

Consider adding your name.

31-07-2016, 01:59 AM
Unfortunately, there's NO way sleazebag Bergoglio will allow Pell to return to Australia to face the likely charges. The RCs have far, far too much to lose here.

My guess is Pell will ultimately die in Rome.

I also note that a little known fact about Pell's earlier life is that around age 20, as a trainee priest, he used to run a summer boy's camp on Phillip Island, south-east of Melbourne. It was alleged that he fondled a 12-year-old boy's genitals, and also attempted to guide the boy's hand into the front of his (Pell's) pants. Pell also (unusually for that period) allowed the 40 boys to address him as "Big George".

At a 2002 investigation, Pell (who was indeed at the camp) denied committing any abuse. The official report concluded that the former altar boy who was abused "appeared to speak honestly from an actual recollection". The conducting QC said he was not persuaded that the former altar boy was a liar—as alleged by Pell.

It seems that over the past four decades or so Pell has had to defend himself as both an alleged paedophile himself, and also as a senior bishop who protected other know paedophiles (such as Ridsdale) by shifting them from one diocese to another. His stock responses to questioning has always been one of two things: "I can't remember" or "The boy is/was a liar".

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post