Care to vote?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Care to vote?
My favorite newspaper is posting a poll today.

Do you trust the roman-catholic church?
Ja=Yes
Nee=No

Care to vote? I feel the 14% yes is still a bit on the high side. Tongue

You can find the poll here

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2011, 07:17 PM
RE: Care to vote?
Not that I ever did. Even with the best possible intentions and deeds from them, they are still a religious organization. Just on that basis, their ultimate goals are what I despair to see happen.

And I did vote. And I just want to say, Google Chrome automatic translator is awesome. I wouldn't have even known it was Dutch.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
05-01-2011, 12:37 AM
(04-01-2011 07:17 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  And I just want to say, Google Chrome automatic translator is awesome. I wouldn't have even known it was Dutch.
I'll check it sometime.
This would enable me to read news from different sources.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
05-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Why wouldn't we trust the catholic church, just because they have a a track record of deception, thievery, destruction, murder, greed, hate-mongering, inhumanity, brainwashing/indoctrination, child molestation, sexual crimes, crimes against humanity, being in cahoots with genocidal maniacs and attempting to totally control everything and everyone? They are such nice people.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
05-01-2011, 08:41 AM
(05-01-2011 01:45 AM)No J. Wrote:  Why wouldn't we trust the catholic church, just because they have a a track record of deception, thievery, destruction, murder, greed, hate-mongering, inhumanity, brainwashing/indoctrination, child molestation, sexual crimes, crimes against humanity, being in cahoots with genocidal maniacs and attempting to totally control everything and everyone? They are such nice people.

We've all sinned, so who are we to judge them. Everyone will be judged in the end by God, so they'll get what's coming to them.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
05-01-2011, 11:48 AM
The_observer Wrote:Care to vote? I feel the 14% yes is still a bit on the high side. Tongue

Thats cheating! but I voted anyways. Tongue

Kikko Wrote:We've all sinned, so who are we to judge them. Everyone will be judged in the end by God, so they'll get what's coming to them.

You mean Stark Ravin? That's no good. He'll just cook us. like he did with that cute bunny! Sad

ashley.hunt60 Wrote:And I just want to say, Google Chrome automatic translator is awesome.

You should switch to Opera. It doesn't have a built in translator, but it's cooler, since it's Norwegian. Cool

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
06-01-2011, 07:35 AM
(05-01-2011 12:37 AM)The_observer Wrote:  
(04-01-2011 07:17 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  And I just want to say, Google Chrome automatic translator is awesome. I wouldn't have even known it was Dutch.
I'll check it sometime.
This would enable me to read news from different sources.

Here's a couple of comments that have been translated.
"A lot went wrong in the Catholic Church. Two examples: 1) 8th Ecumenical Council of Constantinople in 869: Human body and soul but no spirit. 2) Vatican Council in 1870: that the pope is infallible dogma."

"Since the assassination of Romero, the repression by the Congregation for the doctrine (led by Papa Razi) and discrimination against women (confirmed by Popie Jopie) I no longer trust the church leaders. The sexschandalen have only exacerbated this. But I can not deny that there are many honest, right-minded priests, the spiritual needs of people only."

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!