Career you wish you had chosen....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2017, 08:17 AM
Career you wish you had chosen....
I would have loved to do something more scientific with nature -

perhaps Ornithology or Entomology

I have a deep appreciation for nature, but would love to get paid to really study animal populations. It helps that I think bugs are the coolest. Smile

Math and I don't really get along, so I always discounted pursuing the sciences since it required getting good math scores on the SAT.

How about you?

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
03-08-2017, 08:32 AM
RE: Career you wish you had chosen....
I always wanted to be a firefighter, which I really wish I had done now, instead I'm an IT worker in software support.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
03-08-2017, 08:36 AM
I think a forensic pathologist would have been cool, but instead went into marketing/advertising.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
03-08-2017, 08:52 AM
I wish I'd been Indiana Jones.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
03-08-2017, 09:06 AM
I'm happy with mine, but I could see being a 1st Grade Teacher.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-08-2017, 09:08 AM
While being an entrepreneur includes a rollercoaster of successes and failures, it allows exploration of all kinds of different things. So, I am happy with my choice, never a boring moment. I would do it all over again. As a matter of fact, I still keep seeing opportunities I'd like to grab, but alas, I do love being retired more.

When I was little I saw a guy working in a big park - he had a small bag and a pointy stick and picked up the occasional stray piece of paper. That was the job I wanted for years. Tongue Just a walk in the park. Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-08-2017, 09:12 AM
(03-08-2017 09:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'm happy with mine, but I could see being a 1st Grade Teacher.

I can see it, too, Bucky, dear: "no, you ignorant, misbegotten spawn. This is *not* how you spell the letter "j"! Tell you mommie to open a book sometimes. And *not* the Bibble." Tongue

Just kidding!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Vera's post
03-08-2017, 09:16 AM
(03-08-2017 08:17 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I would have loved to do something more scientific with nature -

perhaps Ornithology or Entomology

How about you?

I've thought about this a lot since I retired as a designer and checker of printed circuit boards for satellites. I could also have been happy and effective in other careers, and I wanted to be a newspaper cartoonist especially but lacked the writing talent.

Of course, now that I enjoy science and book-learning so much, if I were to live my life over I might become a psychologist or scholar. But that would be cheating in a way, since I didn't have that wherewithal when I was young and considering a career.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
03-08-2017, 09:37 AM
I love my career, but I think I'd also enjoy doing something like travel writing or being a librarian.

Until age 13, I wanted to be a zoo veterinarian. Can't think of a career for which I'd be less suited--I'm clumsy, don't like blood, etc.--but I learned a lot of interesting animal facts while that was my career interest.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
03-08-2017, 09:42 AM
As I sit in meetings all day, then return to my cubicle, I often contemplate whether I should have gone to law school after taking the LSAT in the 90s.

Smartass
[+] 1 user Likes aloneinalabama's post