Career you wish you had chosen....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2017, 12:59 PM
RE: Career you wish you had chosen....
(04-08-2017 12:43 PM)TSG Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 11:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ... MyLittlePonyBoy ... MyLittlePonyBoy ... MyLittlePonyBoy ...
Shocking

D-don't trigger...

P-pony flashbacks....

Weeping

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2017, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2017 02:14 PM by BnW.)
(03-08-2017 09:42 AM)aloneinalabama Wrote:  As I sit in meetings all day, then return to my cubicle, I often contemplate whether I should have gone to law school after taking the LSAT in the 90s.

Smartass

I took the LSAT in 1990 and went on to Law School. It's not any better than what you're doing. Trust me.

I should have been a left handed relief pitcher in the Majors. I've got the lefty part down. It's the pitching where the plan breaks down.

Or the singer in famous rock band. Except I can't sing.

I need to give this more thought.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
06-08-2017, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2017 08:17 AM by Cosmo.)
(03-08-2017 08:17 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I would have loved to do something more scientific with nature -

perhaps Ornithology or Entomology

I have a deep appreciation for nature, but would love to get paid to really study animal populations. It helps that I think bugs are the coolest. Smile

Math and I don't really get along, so I always discounted pursuing the sciences since it required getting good math scores on the SAT.

How about you?

That would be awesome.

This is Neil Degrasse Tyson talking about math. I liked it a lot when I first saw it. Changed how I thought about it anyways. Smile

I'm a college dropout. I dropped out of the sciences when the opportunity to turn my hobby of audio engineering into a job came along. I never thought doing something in my free time was going to be how I landed a gig. I love it, but I wonder how things would look if I had stuck to Uni. I remember feeling lost and anxious a lot when I was there. I loved science, but I love a lot of different fields. My direction never really felt clear cut, and I knew I liked to mess with sound.

If I thought there was a career in it for me, my ideal job would be playing music or acting. These were my absolute passions growing up, but I don't have the stones to forego a steady paycheque and jump out on a limb where so many talented people have failed before. So, they just remain hobbies.

Also, I would like to write a book or two one day. Hey, a guy can dream.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 3 users Like Cosmo's post
06-08-2017, 10:07 AM
(06-08-2017 08:10 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  Also, I would like to write a book or two one day. Hey, a guy can dream.

These days you can write books and publish them yourself easily enough. The hard part is getting any legitimate publishers interested. They have their own problems.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
06-08-2017, 03:44 PM
It's true. Smile Perhaps, one day. Being published by a reputable publishing company would be like straying into a dream.

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 3 users Like Cosmo's post
07-08-2017, 02:44 PM
I should have taken the chance to work with exotics when I had the chance, quit my job and done that.

Years later I got into restoring my own exotic car, which is nearly done. During then, I slipped into a career in the IT world.

To be honest, I rather hate it. It pays for crap, and it's a dead end. Our CEO has given us a raise in nearly 2 years, claims he can't afford it, buys stupid crap we don't need and is a hypocrite and a half.

Once my car is finished, I have multiple letters friends among the exotic community are willing to write me as reference, and have a huge shot at working at one of the most prestigious exotic restoration companies in the USA.

If it pans out, it's going to take me away from everyone I love. But there is nothing for me in this town anymore. There is no market for what I love. There are too many bad memories. There is only family.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
08-08-2017, 01:47 PM
I wanted to be a paleontologist, because I love both history and biology and it's like in the middle of both, but I'm scared of flying, so traveling to research sites would have been impossible.
Other than that, I would have liked to be a doctor (though nowadays I would probably go mad at patients telling me that vaccines are dangerous and would be very frustrated to spend half my time explaining to them that all the crap they read on the internet is just crap)

Being a musician would have been a dream since music is my passion, but it's very hard to make a living with music if you're not in a very famous band.
09-08-2017, 03:13 PM
(03-08-2017 03:15 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Surgeon and working for MSF (Doc W/O Borders).

You're such a cool guy KC Smile
09-08-2017, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2017 03:31 PM by jennybee.)
Edit..
09-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Hee Hee Hee (evil laugh)

[Image: original.gif]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post