Career you wish you had chosen....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2017, 03:22 PM
RE: Career you wish you had chosen....
I'd like to be the brewmiester for Guinness beer. I read an interview with that guy, and he said it's his job to drink 2-3 beers per day. He gets paid to do this. I almost cried.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like captainphilbo's post
15-08-2017, 08:12 PM
i work at a children's museum. i'm an introvert, and an antinatalist. so you can imagine how overstimulating it is for me to be around 500-700 new children a day. screaming, running around, disrespecting the exhibits while mommy and daddy play on their phones. it really gets to me sometimes!

but, i just enrolled in a massage therapy program, and i think it's going to be my dream job. therefore, in about a year's time when i graduate, i hope i will be successfully doing that. i hate being face-to-face with people, and i think being face-to-back with them will be perfect.

if i earn enough money, i'd like to buy a small piece of land, build a cabin or cottage, and study bugs, plants and animals, work on my art, and practice massage therapy out in the country, rather than in the very large city where i live. *holds up glass* here's hoping everyone's ideal career becomes true for them. it's never too late to try!
[+] 3 users Like lionely's post
15-08-2017, 08:17 PM
(15-08-2017 08:12 PM)lionely Wrote:  i work at a children's museum. i'm an introvert, and an antinatalist. so you can imagine how overstimulating it is for me to be around 500-700 new children a day. screaming, running around, disrespecting the exhibits while mommy and daddy play on their phones. it really gets to me sometimes!

but, i just enrolled in a massage therapy program, and i think it's going to be my dream job. therefore, in about a year's time when i graduate, i hope i will be successfully doing that. i hate being face-to-face with people, and i think being face-to-back with them will be perfect.

if i earn enough money, i'd like to buy a small piece of land, build a cabin or cottage, and study bugs, plants and animals, work on my art, and practice massage therapy out in the country, rather than in the very large city where i live. *holds up glass* here's hoping everyone's ideal career becomes true for them. it's never too late to try!

Your current job would drive me over the edge. I get overly pissed at people who use the toy aisle at Walmart as a built-in baby-sitter.[Image: 92116a67ff9e511ba1e6dfe6d9297352.jpg]

We know someone who went into Rolfing as a second career when he decided he didn't like his first one. Now he makes GOOD money and travels all over the world.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
15-08-2017, 08:22 PM
(15-08-2017 08:17 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Your current job would drive me over the edge. I get overly pissed at people who use the toy aisle at Walmart as a built-in baby-sitter.[Image: 92116a67ff9e511ba1e6dfe6d9297352.jpg]

We know someone who went into Rolfing as a second career when he decided he didn't like his first one. Now he makes GOOD money and travels all over the world.

Yeah, I only work part time thankfully. and i try to rest as much as possible when i'm not at work.

what's Rolfing?
15-08-2017, 08:26 PM
(15-08-2017 08:22 PM)lionely Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 08:17 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Your current job would drive me over the edge. I get overly pissed at people who use the toy aisle at Walmart as a built-in baby-sitter.[Image: 92116a67ff9e511ba1e6dfe6d9297352.jpg]

Yeah, I only work part time thankfully. and i try to rest as much as possible when i'm not at work.

what's Rolfing?
My husband had a few sessions a few years ago. The best way I can describe it is really REALLY deep tissue massage. It takes a lot of strength. He looks like a weight lifter.

http://www.rolfusa.com/rolfing.html

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
16-08-2017, 06:41 AM
The Eternal recurrence... Smile

I would live as I've done.

No regrets. Including the mistakes. Of which there have been many.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
16-08-2017, 11:24 AM
A gynecologist... But they were concerned with the amount of drool I was dropping on the practice dummy, so they banned me from the course. And the shaky hands didn't help either I guess. Such is life.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
18-08-2017, 06:25 PM
I've tried my hand at such an absurd assortment of things that it took me a couple of days to figure it out. Finally had that "Aha!" moment.

Probably would've made a really good architect -- I've got an eye for 2-D and 3-D layout, quick study with computers, used to be really good in math (haven't used it for a long time, 'tho), love problem-solving, love building stuff.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post