Carl Sagan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Smile Carl Sagan
I never knew who Carl Sagan was until 2008. And all I want to do now is shake his hand. Bothers be that I can't. Undecided

Small little tribute thread anyone?

Saw this video in other thread, thought it was worth it's own thread.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2011, 11:24 PM
RE: Carl Sagan
Billions and billions of planets.

One of my earliest memories is of watching Cosmos with my grandmother. Weird eh? One of my first memories is learning about relativity lol.

Sagan was a brilliant scientist, a man of peace and understanding who reached out to everyone and he was a fantastic communicator of complex ideas.

They should give him a posthumous Nobel Prize for Awesome.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
13-07-2011, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2011 11:30 PM by Observer.)
Carl's inheritance is one of a careful but positive future. A message that I perceive lacking in todays world. If there was one messenger from God and the future, It must have been prof Carl... an atheist.

I've translated "The pale blue dot" in dutch. I've wanted to learn it by hearth to cite it now and then, but my voice always tips over on some parts...

PS: You are not alone in wanting to shake his hand. Undecided

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
14-07-2011, 04:53 AM
(13-07-2011 11:27 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Carl's inheritance is one of a careful but positive future. A message that I perceive lacking in todays world. If there was one messenger from God and the future, It must have been prof Carl... an atheist.

I've translated "The pale blue dot" in dutch. I've wanted to learn it by hearth to cite it now and then, but my voice always tips over on some parts...

PS: You are not alone in wanting to shake his hand. Undecided

I am very fond of the parody of Carl Sagan (called Isaac after the earlier great cosmologist) in erfworld: http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/LIAB_Text_40 .
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-07-2011, 09:57 AM

Carl is very missed...

“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson Welles