Carl Sagan's: A Universe Not Made For Us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Carl Sagan's: A Universe Not Made For Us
Carl Sagan had such a beautiful way of putting reason and science above mythological stories used by ancient people to explain the world around them. Thought I would share: http://myscienceacademy.org/2013/02/25/a...ocentrism/

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like free2011's post
06-03-2013, 07:09 PM
RE: Carl Sagan's: A Universe Not Made For Us
Yeah,good video.

On a slightly different note,I've always thought Sagan's way of talking was kind of funny.
06-03-2013, 07:37 PM
(03-03-2013 04:40 PM)free2011 Wrote:  Carl Sagan had such a beautiful way of putting reason and science above mythological stories used by ancient people to explain the world around them. Thought I would share: http://myscienceacademy.org/2013/02/25/a...ocentrism/

"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring thing." - Carl Sagan

Thanks for sharing.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
06-03-2013, 08:07 PM
I wish I could thank Carl...
06-03-2013, 08:56 PM
I remember watching Cosmos on PBS...his voice lulled me to sleep and I would dream of stars. Smile

One of the few truly happy memories of my childhood.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines. Breathe; Pink Floyd

06-03-2013, 09:02 PM
After mom and dad, Carl Sagan had the biggest impact on who I am today. He's like the best friend I never met...
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
07-03-2013, 04:29 AM
(06-03-2013 09:02 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  After mom and dad, Carl Sagan had the biggest impact on who I am today. He's like the best friend I never met...
Indeed. It's a real shame that he and Christopher Hitchens died before I could meet them. No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]