Carnival

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 08:18 AM
Carnival
With the warmer temps coming, there are a lot more carnivals (at least here anyway). Do you like carnivals? If so, do you like the rides, the food, the games? What's your favorite part?

I love going at night when everything lights up.

Rides:

I like rollercoasters...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Pirate ship...

[Image: Pirate.jpg]

I also like the games and the kettle corn Drooling

[Image: carnival-game-2.jpg]

[Image: triplepop-500x500.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2017, 08:24 AM
RE: Carnival
I've never been to a carnival or a fair. But I would be too scared to ride the rides there anyway lol. I'll only do coasters at a park like Six Flags, Universal, or Disney. Something where the rides are permanent and reliable. I'm too chicken to ride fair rides. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
08-06-2017, 08:33 AM
No, No NO NO.
With children in tow, it's basically a nightmare. lol

I do love amusement parks though, and will ride the scary rides! Smile

This is the last fun one I rode:

[Image: lrg-1116-sros12.jpg]

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
08-06-2017, 08:34 AM
We get one that comes round once or twice a year. It's pretty cool; Dodgems, ferris wheel, various inflatable slide things. I used to love it as a kid, but now if I spin around once in a circle I get real dizzy and feel sick Laugh out load My daughter isn't too big on rides at the moment so looks like we won't check it out properly for a few years yet.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
08-06-2017, 08:34 AM
Why am I not surprised that Jenny loves carnivals. Goodevil <---That's about as close to a carnival ride TTA has in it's icon gallery. I always like the guy under the teeter-totter. His eyes are like.....whim-wham, whim-wham, whim-wham........

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-06-2017, 08:39 AM
(08-06-2017 08:34 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  We get one that comes round once or twice a year. It's pretty cool; Dodgems, ferris wheel, various inflatable slide things. I used to love it as a kid, but now if I spin around once in a circle I get real dizzy and feel sick Laugh out load My daughter isn't too big on rides at the moment so looks like we won't check it out properly for a few years yet.

Horror story for those inflatable things- earlier this year I was at a local park for my niece's baby shower. There was a big inflatable slide nearby at the top of a small fenced-in slope. The kids were at the top, bouncing around and getting on the slide, but a kid that was a little too big got up there and his weight along with all the kids piled on that side of the slide caused the slide to sink on that side enough that it flipped over with the kids on it, sending them flying and crashing into the fence. Keep in mind that this was 15-20 feet in the air. It was fucking scary. One kid was rushed to the hospital, but I think he was okay. The ambulance treated others at the scene. Could have been a lot worse.
08-06-2017, 08:40 AM
As a kid my Mom was really into a 50's cover band called Kathie Martin & The Hot Rods (they were a break off band from The Fabulous Hubcaps). They played the carnival circuit up and down the eastern seaboard. We would go to any of the local (with-in an hours drive anyway) carnivals they were playing. We would usually meet up with her best friend and family. Once there us kids would get some money for tickets to go ride rides or play games (best was the all you can ride nights where you just paid for a wristband) until we got tracked down to get some dinner, usually pit beef or burgers before heading over the the bandstand to watch the show.

The Band was actually really good and would perform basically 30 songs from a whole spectrum of covers always ending with "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". I have a lot of fond memories of going out to some fairgrounds and sitting in a lawn chair watching these guys and gal dress up in costumes and sing oldies hits. We would do this at least once or twice a week. Been at least 15 years since I have been to one but I can still remember the sights and sounds and how excited we would get for the Fireworks shows come Friday night.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-06-2017, 08:49 AM
(08-06-2017 08:39 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 08:34 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  We get one that comes round once or twice a year. It's pretty cool; Dodgems, ferris wheel, various inflatable slide things. I used to love it as a kid, but now if I spin around once in a circle I get real dizzy and feel sick Laugh out load My daughter isn't too big on rides at the moment so looks like we won't check it out properly for a few years yet.

Horror story for those inflatable things- earlier this year I was at a local park for my niece's baby shower. There was a big inflatable slide nearby at the top of a small fenced-in slope. The kids were at the top, bouncing around and getting on the slide, but a kid that was a little too big got up there and his weight along with all the kids piled on that side of the slide caused the slide to sink on that side enough that it flipped over with the kids on it, sending them flying and crashing into the fence. Keep in mind that this was 15-20 feet in the air. It was fucking scary. One kid was rushed to the hospital, but I think he was okay. The ambulance treated others at the scene. Could have been a lot worse.
Bloody hell, that sounds nuts!

I remember going on one as a kid, and jumping from the top bit, hitting the slide about half way down, and because of the force from the landing, it then sprang me forward like a catapult lol. I landed on my head but luckily lived to tell the tale lol.

These things are dangerous Laugh out load

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
08-06-2017, 08:51 AM

Is a Dodgem like a bumper car? I love those! I also like the go-carts that race around the track.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-06-2017, 08:53 AM
(08-06-2017 08:39 AM)Emma Wrote:  

Oh no Undecided I'm glad everyone was okay.