Carnival

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 08:53 AM
RE: Carnival
We don't have carnivals here, we have gypsie fairs and the occasional circus which I guess are the same thing.
So fuck no.
Gypsies are fucking crazy, they're all hippy fruitcakes that make things out of toenails and don't pay taxes. I wouldn't trust them that those bone carvings were not cat bone and so I sure as fucking Christ wouldn't trust them to fling me 100 feet into the air. And regarding the circus, if I wanted to watch a depressed as fuck elephant who's obviously over this shit I'd go to the zoo. At least the zoo has red pandas. And penguins. I like penguins.
Those things all contain things I detest. People, shitty shitty people, and spending money on wasteful things like the chance to win some human back hair hand weaved scarf if you can knock over the glued cups with a fucking ping pong ball.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
08-06-2017, 08:54 AM
The last time we went to a fair (in rural Maine while on vacation), my husband took our daughter down the giant slide. He cut his leg on the way down and ended up with an infection. He needed antibiotics.

Grosssssssssss

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
08-06-2017, 08:54 AM
(08-06-2017 08:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  We don't have carnivals here, we have gypsie fairs and the occasional circus which I guess are the same thing.
So fuck no.
Gypsies are fucking crazy, they're all hippy fruitcakes that make things out of toenails and don't pay taxes. I wouldn't trust them that those bone carvings were not cat bone and so I sure as fucking Christ wouldn't trust them to fling me 100 feet into the air. And regarding the circus, if I wanted to watch a depressed as fuck elephant who's obviously over this shit I'd go to the zoo. At least the zoo has red pandas. And penguins. I like penguins.
Those things all contain things I detest. People, shitty shitty people, and spending money on wasteful things like the chance to win some human back hair hand weaved scarf if you can knock over the glued cups with a fucking ping pong ball.

So that's a no? Tongue
08-06-2017, 08:55 AM
(08-06-2017 08:54 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  The last time we went to a fair (in rural Maine while on vacation), my husband took our daughter down the giant slide. He cut his leg on the way down and ended up with an infection. He needed antibiotics.

Grosssssssssss

Aw man Undecided
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-06-2017, 08:57 AM
(08-06-2017 08:51 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 08:34 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  We get one that comes round once or twice a year. It's pretty cool; Dodgems, ferris wheel, various inflatable slide things. I used to love it as a kid, but now if I spin around once in a circle I get real dizzy and feel sick Laugh out load My daughter isn't too big on rides at the moment so looks like we won't check it out properly for a few years yet.

Is a Dodgem like a bumper car? I love those! I also like the go-carts that race around the track.
Yeah we call them bumper cars, was trying to be more "broad" so the american users would understand. I was always told they are called Dodge'ems in the states?

Anyway, I don't mind those. They are one of the few things that don't make me puke these days Laugh out load

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
08-06-2017, 08:57 AM
(08-06-2017 08:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  We don't have carnivals here, we have gypsie fairs and the occasional circus which I guess are the same thing.
So fuck no.

(08-06-2017 08:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ....they're all hippy fruitcakes that make things out of toenails....

Hahahaha. Laugh out load OMG, that's hysterical. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-06-2017, 09:01 AM
(08-06-2017 08:57 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 08:51 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Is a Dodgem like a bumper car? I love those! I also like the go-carts that race around the track.
Yeah we call them bumper cars, was trying to be more "broad" so the american users would understand. I was always told they are called Dodge'ems in the states?

Anyway, I don't mind those. They are one of the few things that don't make me puke these days Laugh out load

I've always called them bumper cars.
08-06-2017, 09:03 AM
So fuck no.

(08-06-2017 08:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  spending money on wasteful things like the chance to win some human back hair hand weaved scarf if you can knock over the glued cups with a fucking ping pong ball.

But see, Muffs, that's what's so fun about carnivals. They're completely silly and inconsequential. It's all nonsense.

I'm still laughing about the toenail comment. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-06-2017, 09:21 AM
The Oktoberfest is basically a huge carnival with lots of rides and performances and vendors selling food and trinkets - and the bigger breweries put up huge tents where you can drink beer and eat.

When I was a kid, the family would go there. The parents would go sit in the beer tent and us kids were given spending money and went off to roam. My favorites were the roller coasters, but there were also rides that went over the top turning you upside down and all kinds of things. There was never enough time or money to do all of them, and the parents would be sitting in that tent all afternoon, drinking and singing. Smile

Nowadays kids don't get to roam anymore, too many people and tourists and pocket thieves and whatnot. But, boy, we sure enjoyed the freedom of it all. It was exhilarating!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-06-2017, 09:24 AM
I spent a summer working at an amusement park as a teenager. That sucked the magic out of amusement parks for me, but I still love me a carnival. Sleazier the better. I don't usually do the rides, but I like the atmosphere, the people trying to get me to play carny games, the smells of popcorn and cotton candy and meat-on-a-stick, the lights.

I like rollercoasters but not the ones that go upside down. One of my first experiences on a rollercoaster was on an old one where I lost a chunk of skin on my calf as we went down the first big hill (as the padded seat separated and then crunched down on the metal seat base, my leg in between).

My favorite ride is the one where it rotates and the floor drops out from underneath your feet.

And while they aren't exciting rides, I love merry-go-rounds because they're full of interesting and often beautiful creations.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post