Carrie Fisher died

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2016, 12:01 PM
Carrie Fisher died
It's being reported by several news feeds, People TMZ and others that she has died. She was 60.

I feel badly for her mother, Debbie Reynolds. She was one of the hardest working women in Hollywood. It's gotta be though to bury your daughter.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2016, 12:05 PM
RE: Carrie Fisher died
I just saw it too. Fucking 2016 just had to take one more.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
27-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Sad this one kicks me in the gut. She was an absolute spitfire and had the balls to speak her mind and take ownership of her feminism.

She was awesome.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
27-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Wow fact is we just lost a strong, funny, kind and wonderfully honest woman. She lived through mental health issues, drug addiction, successes and failures gracefully and with a wicked sense of humor. She will be greatly missed.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like SitaSky's post
27-12-2016, 12:41 PM
That's sad news. I especially respected her honesty and determination.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
27-12-2016, 12:45 PM
(27-12-2016 12:37 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Wow fact is we just lost a strong, funny, kind and wonderfully honest woman. She lived through mental health issues, drug addiction, successes and failures gracefully and with a wicked sense of humor. She will be greatly missed.

Could not agree more. An amazing woman and a terrible loss. Fuck you 2016. Sad

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
27-12-2016, 12:46 PM
What an amazing actress, who overcame so much. She will definitely be missed. Sad

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Texted my Beloved about it... she says she has been afraid 2016 would claim Carrie, and has been checking the news every day since the heart attack, but had not yet done so today.

Damnit. Damnit. Damnit!

Fuck you 2016. You'd better be done taking awesome people from us. Angry

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
27-12-2016, 01:10 PM
(27-12-2016 12:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(27-12-2016 12:37 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Wow fact is we just lost a strong, funny, kind and wonderfully honest woman. She lived through mental health issues, drug addiction, successes and failures gracefully and with a wicked sense of humor. She will be greatly missed.

Could not agree more. An amazing woman and a terrible loss. Fuck you 2016. Sad

She had a great self deprecating sense of humor. I liked that more than anything else about her. Every interview I saw her in she made jokes about herself and not in a "oh, pity me" way but in a "yeah, I've done stupid things, here they are, aren't they ridiculous" way. I didn't think she was a great actress, she was a decent actress but she was such a hoot and so honest which was so refreshing for the daughter of two Hollywood stars.

I remember the producers of the last Star Wars movie she was in were aghast that she had gotten older and weren't too happy with her looks and weight and she kinda told them to fuck off. She wasn't going change herself for them.

She was just a great gal!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
27-12-2016, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2016 01:25 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Agreed, about her sense of humor. She apologized for nothing, hid nothing, and made no concessions to the ideals of the powers-that-be. That's what makes her awesome. [Edit: And she struggled her way out of mental health issues, then put the energy she gained from her recovery toward helping others and trying to reduce the stigma associated with mental health issues. The epitome of classy.]

I'm a Star Wars fanatic, yeah, but honestly I'm a bigger fan of Carrie because of one of my other favorite things on earth, The Blues Brothers.

[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post