27-12-2016, 02:27 PM
RE: Carrie Fisher died
SadAngry Aw man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2016, 02:29 PM
2016 - the year that keeps on taking...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
27-12-2016, 02:33 PM
Well shit. Sadcryface

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
27-12-2016, 02:36 PM
(27-12-2016 12:05 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I just saw it too. Fucking 2016 just had to take one more.

And yet another: Richard Adams, author of "Watership Down" and "Plague Dogs" has also died, though he was 96.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
27-12-2016, 02:40 PM
(27-12-2016 02:36 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(27-12-2016 12:05 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I just saw it too. Fucking 2016 just had to take one more.

And yet another: Richard Adams, author of "Watership Down" and "Plague Dogs" has also died, though he was 96.

Did anybody mention Zsa Zsa Gabor? She died a week or so ago as well. I'm beginning to think they are all just taking the easy way out to avoid living under a Trump precedency.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
27-12-2016, 02:44 PM
(27-12-2016 02:40 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(27-12-2016 02:36 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  And yet another: Richard Adams, author of "Watership Down" and "Plague Dogs" has also died, though he was 96.

Did anybody mention Zsa Zsa Gabor? She died a week or so ago as well. I'm beginning to think they are all just taking the easy way out to avoid living under a Trump precedency.

Ohh damn. Hadn't thought of that angle.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
27-12-2016, 02:46 PM
I can't stop thinking about how this will affect the new trilogy. Leia will have to be written off the last film if the character doesn't die in the next movie. Therefore, I more or less hope Leia will die in Episode 8. Fisher cannot be recast, and recreating her in CGI would feel mocking to audiences (dispite the recreation of Tarkin in Rouge One was as close to perfect as it can get). A fucking shame all the same.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
27-12-2016, 03:07 PM
(27-12-2016 02:46 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I can't stop thinking about how this will affect the new trilogy. Leia will have to be written off the last film if the character doesn't die in the next movie. Therefore, I more or less hope Leia will die in Episode 8. Fisher cannot be recast, and recreating her in CGI would feel mocking to audiences (dispite the recreation of Tarkin in Rouge One was as close to perfect as it can get). A fucking shame all the same.

Tarkin was great. Leia's cgi was horrible.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
27-12-2016, 03:09 PM
(27-12-2016 02:46 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I can't stop thinking about how this will affect the new trilogy. Leia will have to be written off the last film if the character doesn't die in the next movie. Therefore, I more or less hope Leia will die in Episode 8. Fisher cannot be recast, and recreating her in CGI would feel mocking to audiences (dispite the recreation of Tarkin in Rouge One was as close to perfect as it can get). A fucking shame all the same.

That was one of my very first thoughts... I hoped they had wrapped up most of the shooting for her scenes in Episode VIII, because it just wouldn't be right if they had to CGI some of it. Sad

She was one of the best things in Episode VII, I thought. The older version of Leia was an excellent continuation of the character we saw in the original trilogy-- somehow simultaneously caring and "traditionally feminine" while also being a determined, smart, clever badass. (I know it's a bit of a movie character trope, the "tough-but-sexy" female character, but I'd say that Princess Leia all but invented that trope.)

Her "elder statesman" version, where you see that she clearly decided not to stay with Han Solo and yet still cares deeply for him, and it's equally clear that She Runs This Shit™, was probably the closest thing that movie had to serious, three-dimensional character building.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post