Carrie Fisher died

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2016, 06:46 PM
RE: Carrie Fisher died
Rest in Peace, Carrie Fisher, who died drowning in moonlight and strangled by her own bra

[Image: 25hkdx3.png]

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Leerob's post
28-12-2016, 06:49 PM
(28-12-2016 04:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  Fucking 2016. Angry

Her mother, Debbie Reynolds, was just rushed to the hospital, possibly a stroke while planning her daughter's funeral.

The grief she's feeling must be so overwhelming and I'm not surprised she's feeling sick but I really hope she can get through this and stay strong. Please rest and get better Debbie!

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
28-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Carrie Fisher died
She was such a pretty woman. I loved her smile.Such a shame she is gone.
[Image: 42ccb3c9f522f64646d13427cc171ef1.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
28-12-2016, 08:57 PM
(28-12-2016 10:01 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I assumed they were going to be able to save her.

I never thought she was coming back. The initial report was that she had stopped breathing for 10-15 minutes before she began breathing again - if that's true the prognosis would not have been good.

It's certainly very sad, and a timely reminder that mental illness is something that affects all people equally.

My Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Aractus's post
28-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Debbie Reynolds has died. Her son, Carrie's brother, must be grief-stricken, shell-shocked.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-12-2016, 09:53 PM
Fuck you, 2016. Fuck. You.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
28-12-2016, 10:42 PM
(27-12-2016 12:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's being reported by several news feeds, People TMZ and others that she has died. She was 60.

I feel badly for her mother, Debbie Reynolds. She was one of the hardest working women in Hollywood. It's gotta be though to bury your daughter.

I think Debbie died of a broken heart. Stress can do terrible things. Now, she won't have to worry about burying her daughter. Now her son Todd, will have to bury them both.

My heart is broken already.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-12-2016, 10:53 PM
(28-12-2016 09:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  Debbie Reynolds has died. Her son, Carrie's brother, must be grief-stricken, shell-shocked.

Billie too.

My Blog
01-01-2017, 05:48 AM
Another Carrie Fisher video popped up in my YouTube suggestions, this morning, and provided me with a much-needed, gigantic belly laugh as she cracked up even David Letterman. Quite the sharp wit she had!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
01-01-2017, 10:47 AM
(01-01-2017 05:48 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Another Carrie Fisher video popped up in my YouTube suggestions, this morning, and provided me with a much-needed, gigantic belly laugh as she cracked up even David Letterman. Quite the sharp wit she had!

Dang, I need to read her books. I have to admit I've never read even one. She had an oddball sense of humor, just the kind of humor I love.

She was talking about her grandmother in the video but I'm not sure if this was her maternal or paternal grandmother. Her maternal grandmother was apparently a horror of a woman. She was a hard nosed Christian woman who locked Debbie Reynolds in closets when Debbie was a little girl and hit her with a switch and beat her. Debbie still loved her mother though. Love is funny isn't it.

Yeah, I gotta read Carrie's books. They sound like a barrel of craziness.

An end note: I met Debbie Reynolds. That's an exaggeration really. When I saw Annie Get Your Gun with Reynolds down in Los Angeles, a friend of mine who was working the costumes changes invited me backstage after the show to see all the costumes and I briefly shook Debbie Reynolds hand along with 5 or 6 other people. She was nice and still full of energy.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post