Cartoons/Animation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2017, 03:02 PM
RE: Cartoons/Animation

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
13-03-2017, 03:37 PM
A house full of animation lovers here!

Pixar for sure, Laika (esp. Coraline), Adventuretime, my oldest loves watching Pokemon (fully admit that I can't stand it. lol), My Neighbor Totoro, Futurama, Simpsons, etc.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
13-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Will I ever get a full length film of nothing but Scrat's hijinks, and acorn chasing?
Prolly not! Sadcryface2

I don't care about mammoths, or sloths, or sabretooths, or whatever.t.f. else! Just Scrat, damit.

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
14-03-2017, 05:06 AM
I like me some anime. Is anyone else watching The Saga of Tanya the Evil at the moment?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
14-03-2017, 05:08 AM
(13-03-2017 02:15 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  
(13-03-2017 02:09 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  In my opinion, cartoons are much better at portraying superheroes. All these live action movies get all the hype but it's the animated ones that are superior, I feel. Just compare the two Suicide Squad movies, for example.

In my opinion too. For some reason it's completely different with live action. I stopped watching after Avengers: The rise of Ultron, and the first season of Shield.

It just seems to lose the comic book aspect when presented as live action, and we just end up wAtching mostly computer generated images.
14-03-2017, 05:12 AM
(13-03-2017 02:09 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  In my opinion, cartoons are much better at portraying superheroes. All these live action movies get all the hype but it's the animated ones that are superior, I feel. Just compare the two Suicide Squad movies, for example.

Anything looks better when compared to the live action Suicide Squad movie.

(13-03-2017 02:15 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  

In my opinion too. For some reason it's completely different with live action. I stopped watching after Avengers: The rise of Ultron, and the first season of Shield.

So you didn't watch Civil War? Oh man you missed out.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
14-03-2017, 06:12 AM
(14-03-2017 05:06 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I like me some anime. Is anyone else watching The Saga of Tanya the Evil at the moment?

Me. I love the exchanges between Being X and the main character.

"Miracles are illusions caused by insufficient observation and analysis. In other words, glorious misunderstandings."
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
14-03-2017, 06:57 AM
(14-03-2017 05:12 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  

Anything looks better when compared to the live action Suicide Squad movie.

(13-03-2017 02:15 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  In my opinion too. For some reason it's completely different with live action. I stopped watching after Avengers: The rise of Ultron, and the first season of Shield.

So you didn't watch Civil War? Oh man you missed out.

Nah, not yet. I'm a bit behind on my marvel movies.
16-03-2017, 05:09 AM
Civil War = VERY GOOD. Big Grin

Rick & Morty is my current favourite thing to watch, would highly recommend it to anybody that hasn't seen it. The episode "Get Schwifty" is a hilarious commentary on religion & garbage TV talent shows Smile

"SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT"

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
17-03-2017, 05:16 AM
(14-03-2017 06:12 AM)M. Linoge Wrote:  
(14-03-2017 05:06 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I like me some anime. Is anyone else watching The Saga of Tanya the Evil at the moment?

Me. I love the exchanges between Being X and the main character.

"Miracles are illusions caused by insufficient observation and analysis. In other words, glorious misunderstandings."

It's my favourite current series. I'm hoping it stays within the bounds of child friendly. I'm thinking the city battle episode might need to be skipped.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post