Casey Anthony - Facebook Hatred

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2011, 05:03 PM

RE: Casey Anthony - Facebook Hatred
(06-07-2011 04:05 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  .......if someone already said all this then sorry, I just couldn't handle reading this whole thread..

Here's what my friend Chubbs had to say about that woman today, she also studied psychology (administrative assistant to a series of group homes). This is in response to my question, "As a psychologist Chubbs, what do you think about a woman claiming to be trained in psychology and sociology saying she knows someone is lying and let's their emotions run rampant?".

Sane Friend Wrote:I think controlling yourself is something people should learn as a child! The thing is that I watched the whole trial not just pieces of it in order to make a reasonable decision....psychology and sociology has nothing to do with a person's mind it only has to do with behavior.
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2011, 05:34 PM
@Maskelyne

You being an atheist, you shouldn't let this work you up so bad. Their adrenal glands are too large and their cerebral cortex too small. You are after all, arguing with monkeys.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2011, 07:05 AM

(06-07-2011 05:34 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  @Maskelyne

You being an atheist, you shouldn't let this work you up so bad. Their adrenal glands are too large and their cerebral cortex too small. You are after all, arguing with monkeys.

I'd rather think of them as people, people who have decided to stop growing though still people.
07-07-2011, 02:51 PM

Maskelyne-" I don't care that some woman miles away allegedly killed her kid, you shouldn't either as the chances of such horror stories happening to your kids are very tiny."

This is an appalling statement that just show people how self-absorbed you, and others who think like you, are. You care only about what is directly affecting you, without a care about any suffering or injustice going on in the rest of the world. You don't seem to think about the fact that people see her getting off with a crime will then think they can as well. You also don't think about the fact that justice was not served, and that people SHOULD get upset about that. Tell me, how about you have a son, and he marries that woman? Will you be comfortable knowing what circumstantial evidence proved? That she murdered her daughter? Would you like her to be the mother of your grandchild? Didn't think so. And what makes you think the jury was so much better than everyone else? The jury is comprised of citizens, just like you and me, is it not? So what makes them so special? It was simply their ability to vote on the subject. We, as Americans, are not forced to keep our mouths shut and believe what other's believe. We are allowed to look at the evidence and form our OWN opinion. And no, people have not considered that she is innocent, because if you read the evidence you can make a logical decision on what you think happened. And, uh, no. You are wrong that people are just obsessed with this for the moment. People are STILL upset about OJ Simpson, and he didn't even kill his child! Murdering one's own child is a heinous crime and quite frankly your willingness to just go with the verdict and not feel AT ALL angered by the lack of justice is appalling and kind of scary.
07-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Well it's about bloody time!! I've been waiting for someone to show up that was there, and can tell us firsthand what happened. You see, all I seem to be able to access is what the media has presented, so I am understandably excited now that we have someone that has access to all the information left out by, or omitted by, the media.
Tell us Mbelrose, how was "justice not served"? How can you prove "That she murdered her daughter"? You said, "We are allowed to look at the evidence and form our OWN opinion." but also make statements of fact. Can you explain to me why your opinion was not used to convict Casey Anthony? Because it's obvious that your opinion is based on irrefutable fact, while the rest of us can only base our opinions on what we have been made privy to.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
07-07-2011, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2011 05:37 PM by ashley.hunt60.)
(07-07-2011 02:51 PM)Mbelrose Wrote:  This is an appalling statement that just show people how self-absorbed you, and others who think like you, are. You care only about what is directly affecting you, without a care about any suffering or injustice going on in the rest of the world.
I think the point being made, or at least my view on things, is that we lost sight that this is just one of many cases. It's not that I don't care, but I don't care anymore than any of the other many, many murdered children.

(07-07-2011 02:51 PM)Mbelrose Wrote:  You don't seem to think about the fact that people see her getting off with a crime will then think they can as well. You also don't think about the fact that justice was not served, and that people SHOULD get upset about that. Tell me, how about you have a son, and he marries that woman? Will you be comfortable knowing what circumstantial evidence proved? That she murdered her daughter? Would you like her to be the mother of your grandchild? Didn't think so.
That all presumes that she is guilty. If I believed she was guilty, then I'd be right there with you. But that is what is in doubt, my(and many other's here) stances being that the evidence simply isn't strong enough to say that she is guilty. And circumstantial evidence doesn't prove anything. It is more of a back-up evidence once there is decent reason to believe something happened if it is anything at all.

(07-07-2011 02:51 PM)Mbelrose Wrote:  And what makes you think the jury was so much better than everyone else? The jury is comprised of citizens, just like you and me, is it not? So what makes them so special? It was simply their ability to vote on the subject.
And if the verdict came back guilty, I would disagree. I'm not saying that the juries or the courts are always right, I'm saying I agree with them this time.

(07-07-2011 02:51 PM)Mbelrose Wrote:  We, as Americans, are not forced to keep our mouths shut and believe what other's believe. We are allowed to look at the evidence and form our OWN opinion.
And it is a glorious thing, and no one is stopping you from stating your opinion that you believe that evidence points to her being guilty, just like we can state our opinion that the evidence doesn't hold that she is guilty. Now that we have determined we have freedom of speech, let's look at the evidence and try to objectivity decide if there is enough to say within a reasonable doubt that she is guilty.

(07-07-2011 02:51 PM)Mbelrose Wrote:  And no, people have not considered that she is innocent, because if you read the evidence you can make a logical decision on what you think happened.
First of all, you must have had to consider that she may be guilty or innocent to have any sort of respectable opinion. You look at the evidence and ask does it seem like she innocent? Does it seem like she is guilty? Secondly, ours, the jurors', and most rational people realized that the evidence simply is not strong enough.

(07-07-2011 02:51 PM)Mbelrose Wrote:  And, uh, no. You are wrong that people are just obsessed with this for the moment. People are STILL upset about OJ Simpson, and he didn't even kill his child! Murdering one's own child is a heinous crime and quite frankly your willingness to just go with the verdict and not feel AT ALL angered by the lack of justice is appalling and kind of scary.
And spilling countless barrels of oil into the gulf was horrible. The massive earthquake in Haiti was horrible. And yes, OJ got us riled up too. But the dust will settle and we will get distracted by something else. If someone brings it up many will remember, but it won't be on the news or our minds very often. From my perspective, sending a person to jail and possibly even killing them based only on circumstantial evidence is a grave injustice.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
07-07-2011, 04:27 PM

(07-07-2011 02:51 PM)Mbelrose Wrote:  Maskelyne-" I don't care that some woman miles away allegedly killed her kid, you shouldn't either as the chances of such horror stories happening to your kids are very tiny."

This is an appalling statement that just show people how self-absorbed you, and others who think like you, are. You care only about what is directly affecting you, without a care about any suffering or injustice going on in the rest of the world. You don't seem to think about the fact that people see her getting off with a crime will then think they can as well. You also don't think about the fact that justice was not served, and that people SHOULD get upset about that. Tell me, how about you have a son, and he marries that woman? Will you be comfortable knowing what circumstantial evidence proved? That she murdered her daughter? Would you like her to be the mother of your grandchild? Didn't think so. And what makes you think the jury was so much better than everyone else? The jury is comprised of citizens, just like you and me, is it not? So what makes them so special? It was simply their ability to vote on the subject. We, as Americans, are not forced to keep our mouths shut and believe what other's believe. We are allowed to look at the evidence and form our OWN opinion. And no, people have not considered that she is innocent, because if you read the evidence you can make a logical decision on what you think happened. And, uh, no. You are wrong that people are just obsessed with this for the moment. People are STILL upset about OJ Simpson, and he didn't even kill his child! Murdering one's own child is a heinous crime and quite frankly your willingness to just go with the verdict and not feel AT ALL angered by the lack of justice is appalling and kind of scary.

Yes and I am sure you are a saint, who can name dozens of other child related cases that are not being so widely televised? There are a lot of local news stations out there, other stories of abused, murdered or accidentally killed kids. I am sure you track them down just to display how much you care, though isn't it more likely that you only care when its right in front of you by means of the national news?

Here's something that may make you happy, I do not have kids and do not want kids of any type. Though playing along with your imaginary scenario, I would not care one bit as its not my choice who he would date, I could always step in to help the woman so she didn't feel overwhelmed. Which seems to be the motive they attached to her alleged actions.

The jury are stronger than the people shouting for blood, they did not let emotions get the better of them and kept their objectivity. You seem incapable of understanding this basic tenet of the legal system and rational thinking.

As I said you are free to form your own opinion, though do not present opinion as fact. How much simpler can it possibly get?

I am not appalled in the least, as I said there is not enough evidence to prove that she is guilty. Therefore why would I be appalled at the only logical outcome?

**Edit**
If i had known Ashley was going to handle it so well, I wouldn't have bothered responding. I am so used to no one backing me up that I had completely forgotten I was on a forum with other rational individuals.
08-07-2011, 12:41 PM
I paid as little attention to this case as possible because, quite honestly, I don't care. It's not that I don't care that this child died, seemingly needlessly, because I do care about that. But, as someone else pointed out, children die all the time from abuse, from neglect, from random chance. What made this one kid so special that society had to focus all its attention on it? I get that the circumstances and the mother's actions (and non actions) added an element of salaciousness to the whole thing that most other cases don't seem to have and that is what made it so captivating but I really think if she was not young, good looking and white this would not have garnered the amount of attention that it has. I mean, I went out of my way to avoid it and it still crept into my life. I guess I need to find a way to isolate myself more.

Anyway, I think she's guilty. What she's guilty of I'm not 100% sure but she's definitely guilty. At minimum, she's guilty of violating a law of nature and lacking the maternal instinct that mother's have to protect their children and feel pain when they are gone. She also seems to be at least guilty of neglect, and a few other minor crimes about disposing of a body. Did she purposely kill her child? I really don't know. Did she abuse her? I don't know that either? Do I feel like she got away with something here? Yes, I do. But, people get away with things all the time. And, innocent people go to jail, especially when they are poor and their skin is any color but white. The world is imperfect and there is no shortage of injustice and tragedies to be upset about. If you really focus on them, they can paralyze you.

Why this one poor little girl and her fucked up mom are so much more worthy of our wrath and righteous indignation than all the other dead kids and fucked up moms (and dads) is something I just don't understand. Maybe because this has forced it way into our collective viewpoint but there needs to be more to it for me to feel any real sense of outrage over it. Bad shit happens every single day. This is an awful situation and, while a few of the circumstances are unique, the tragedy itself is all too common. Time to move on to the next manufactured crises so the masses don't pay attention to what else is going on.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
08-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Pathetic really, that some of you and the majority of people are putting more effort into expressing their opinion and organizing memorials in the name of this one child. When thousands die everyday and the outrage and support for it is a mouse's squeak compared to this one instance. The fact you all get sucked into it and brought to the level of these imbeciles makes me want to wash my hands of most of you.

Those arguing for the non guilty verdict, your wasting your time. Think about it, you are arguing with people who are so proud of themselves they think they can solve the case with 10 minutes of looking at the trial on yahoo news.

Those of you arguing against the non guilty verdict, you have to be about stupid. You have hundreds of people involved in this case, a court system set in place with hundreds of years in the making, and you think YOU are qualified to say who should live and who should die.

Evolve, please.
08-07-2011, 09:23 PM
The preceding message was brought to you by the letters I, R, O, N and Y.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost