Casey Anthony - Facebook Hatred

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2011, 02:16 AM
RE: Casey Anthony - Facebook Hatred
BnW Wrote:Anyway, I think she's guilty. What she's guilty of I'm not 100% sure but she's definitely guilty. At minimum, she's guilty of violating a law of nature and lacking the maternal instinct that mother's have to protect their children and feel pain when they are gone. She also seems to be at least guilty of neglect, and a few other minor crimes about disposing of a body. Did she purposely kill her child? I really don't know. Did she abuse her? I don't know that either? Do I feel like she got away with something here? Yes, I do. But, people get away with things all the time. And, innocent people go to jail, especially when they are poor and their skin is any color but white. The world is imperfect and there is no shortage of injustice and tragedies to be upset about. If you really focus on them, they can paralyze you.

See, all of that is very hazy, she may be a bad mother, maybe, or just an idiot who was scared, who knows... that's the thing. There was no hard proof for anything, just speculation. There are many grey areas in law, and this is smack dab in the middle of them.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Woah. This thread is pretty strongly opinionated.
13-07-2011, 06:45 PM
(13-07-2011 12:44 PM)Atheist Wrote:  Woah. This thread is pretty strongly opinionated.

Yeah, atheist aren't always reasonable people who put trust in facts.

"I BELIEVE SHE DID IT!"

=\

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
13-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Poor kid is prolly better off than to be raised by her. Too bad for everybody Casey didn't just get an abortion...
13-07-2011, 08:53 PM
(13-07-2011 07:11 PM)jmick Wrote:  Poor kid is prolly better off than to be raised by her. Too bad for everybody Casey didn't just get an abortion...

And yet another person who has intimate knowledge of the Anthony family. You do realize you just said a child is better off dead don't you?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
14-07-2011, 08:31 PM
(13-07-2011 08:53 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(13-07-2011 07:11 PM)jmick Wrote:  Poor kid is prolly better off than to be raised by her. Too bad for everybody Casey didn't just get an abortion...

And yet another person who has intimate knowledge of the Anthony family. You do realize you just said a child is better off dead don't you?

Implying there aren't things worse than death?

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
14-07-2011, 11:34 PM
(14-07-2011 08:31 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  
(13-07-2011 08:53 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  

Implying there aren't things worse than death?

Of course there are things worse than death. What I am saying is that jmick, or anyone else on this forum, you and I included, has no clue as to whether Caylee Anthony is better off dead. I mean holy shit people, WE DON"T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED! We also don't know what happened in that courtroom (aside from what the media told us), and we DEFINITELY don't know that this little girl is better off now that she's dead!!!!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
18-07-2011, 03:29 AM
I can totally get behind most of what the OP is saying with the "i dont care" comment in the context of it happens every day hundreds of times. The day everyone was riled up about Casey Anthony not being found guilty there were 4-7 children killed in the new orleans area. Days later a woman shot her three little girls and herself.

Wheres their outrage?

Further in in personal news i know a girl who was raped by her father from the time she was 5 until she was 16. He also did this to her two younger sisters, but she got in the way so they didnt have to as much as she could. She and her sisters ran away from home after they told their mother it had all been going on right under her nose. These girls were immediately found and thrown into Juvie. not for protection, but for RUNNING AWAY FROM HOME!

Where's their outrage?

Another girl i know was raped by her cousin at 7 years old with a tooth brush. A week later he didn't use the tooth brush. This continued till she was fifteen and was able to move in with her grand parents who are religious zealots and kicked her out for indefinite periods of time any time she offended their Baptist sensibilities. She tried to go to her mother about but her mother allowed her and other girls and her brother to be raped at the hands of the new man she loved for such things as not washing the dishes right. The same mother who was arrested for manufacturing crystal meth. Caught red handed, shes out on the streets with no conviction in sight. The same mother who thinks it funny when the new love of her lifes friends would grab her daughters ass and breasts and try to get her to go in the truck cab with them. Would egg them on and get them another beer.

Where is her outrage, why the fuck isn't Nancy Grace parked in front of her house trying to get to the bottom of all this?

Further, how in the hell can any of those TV assholes be angry that Casey Anthony is going to get a book deal and a movie deal and get paid to conduct interviews. Its your monster, you created this thirst for blood among everyone and now it blew up in your face. Deal with it and shut it down, twelve days later Nancy Grace's head is still flapping nonstop about it. The simple solution is to not talk about it and the masses will forget and suddenly those book movie and tv deals will dry up because no one is interested anymore. Casey Anthony will be back where she started before she saw news cameras up close. All the bile going out is ridiculous and instead of focusing your anger on someone the system determined is not guilty, write your senators and you come up with a solution to make sure this wont happen again. If you think the system is broken fix the system don't demonize and kill the operator.
18-07-2011, 05:53 AM
It's a good thing I generally ignore facebook. I only heard about this case two times I think. Once was a radio announcer discussing why this one was being popularized as opposed to much worse ones. The obvious answer which he stated being that she's cute so she works good on film. That was how I was presented this case, and since I know that all kinds of kids die and other things I agreed with the guy's statement and didn't look into this single case.

The second time was crazy. A woman who supposedly looks like Casey Anthony was attacked after the not guilty sentence was given, even though she lives in Alabama. Someone got so wrapped up in this case and hatred toward it not agreeing with them that they decided to attack someone for looking like their new villain. This is what the media helps along. People get frothed up over things and often enough do something stupid.

Have your opinions about this random case that got air time, but remember to calm down. Charged emotions lead to horrible actions. All of this random spouting over a wrong verdict is exactly what has lead to someone unrelated to the case being accosted for looking like the defendant.

Calm down, and realize that bad things happen, we have a system in place to deal with this, which generally manages to do the right thing. Due to this system generally bad things don't often happen multiple times due to the same people. This system unlike many others demands that when you judge this case you have to look from the viewpoint that she is not guilty. The US is one of the places where it is innocent until proven guilty. That means facts have to be present. If we don't need facts then just wait till someone accuses you of something and has enough circumstantial emotional evidence that you go to jail for doing absolutely nothing. You can be a little mad and vent a bit, but calm down, venting is supposed to be a small outburst and then you're done. If you're still mad about this particular case step back and look for less media politicized cases and see if those went your way. Generally people will find they agree with more verdicts than they disagree with.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
18-07-2011, 10:34 PM
To be honest I'm worried this could turn into another Joe Kahahawai case.

Here is the wikipedia for it Case

The summary is that a white woman, Thalia Massie was supposedly 'raped' by a group of local dark skinned Hawaiians. The evidence provided by Massie was very circumstantial and a lot of it did not add up. In the end a mistrial was declared due to jury tampering and what not.

However during the time in between trials, Massie's mother, husband, a few other guys kidnapped and murdered Joe Kahahawai, stating that it was nature's law for a husband to kill his wife's rapist. (which of course there was no proof at all)

Racial tensions and Hawaii grew and there there was another case. The trial found the ones who killed Joe were guilty of manslaughter and sentenced to 10 years at Oahu prison. However due to pressure from Washington, their sentences were reduced to one hour in the sheriff's office.

Years later they found the group of boys (including Joe) to be not guilty.

The point is I'm worried someone is going to try and take the law into their own hands.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]