Cat bowl problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2017, 01:35 PM
RE: Cat bowl problem
(02-06-2017 01:19 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 01:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm convinced all cats are on the spectrum for autism.

My son won't eat out of certain dishes too.
Therefore your son is a cat?

Tongue No, but my son is on the spectrum for autism.

My husband's family were all cat people...We used to have a cat when we first got married. On our wedding day, my mother in law desperately wanted a picture of my husband (well, soon to be) with the cat. Someone let the cat out (he was an indoor/outdoor type) of the house and said, "Run for your life they want to steal your soul -- it's too late for us."

My mother in law was totally not amused.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-06-2017, 01:35 PM
Yup. And there are even books:
[Image: 61Ta9OLCW6L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

Cats hate change, except when they don't. Move the food dish a foot to the left = 10 minutes of stalking and careful approach. Bug lands in the water dish = an actually hissy fit until it climbs out or is removed. But when I am still fastening the supports for a new cat perch at the window, The Cat is already "weighing in" on the new acquisition by climbing on top of it and curling up to sleep.

and
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Which is especially true of puppies.

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 4 users Like Rockblossom's post
02-06-2017, 01:54 PM
(02-06-2017 01:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm convinced all cats are on the spectrum for autism.

Cats are weird because they are liquids living in a solid world.
[Image: j9vAH.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 7 users Like Revenant77x's post
02-06-2017, 02:11 PM
(02-06-2017 01:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Cats are weird because they are liquids living in a solid world.
Actually, they're liquid smoke and attitude. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
02-06-2017, 02:21 PM
(02-06-2017 01:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 01:19 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Therefore your son is a cat?

Tongue No, but my son is on the spectrum for autism.

My husband's family were all cat people...We used to have a cat when we first got married. On our wedding day, my mother in law desperately wanted a picture of my husband (well, soon to be) with the cat. Someone let the cat out (he was an indoor/outdoor type) of the house and said, "Run for your life they want to steal your soul -- it's too late for us."

My mother in law was totally not amused.

My youngest son must be on the spectrum. We've never had him diagnosed, but he still will only put certain items on his dish. If he has meat, that's all there is, then it gets wiped, and the vegetables can go on that plate. He'll be 28 this year.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
02-06-2017, 02:22 PM
(02-06-2017 02:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 01:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Cats are weird because they are liquids living in a solid world.
Actually, they're liquid smoke and attitude. Drinking Beverage

And their attitude is that humans are merely the hired help.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-06-2017, 02:35 PM
"Dogs have owners, cats have staff"

Actually, count yourself lucky that your cat eats/drinks from a ceramic bowl.

My previous cat was allergic to EVERYTHING, especially plastics, and dust, and certain polyesters, and ...

Yup, our cat was allergic to humans.

So she had metal bowls only, carefully cleaned with special soap every day.

Like I said ... staff.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 4 users Like Reducetarian's post
02-06-2017, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 05:30 PM by Anjele.)
Blue has a couple of deep plastic bowls that I use to feed him dry food. If the food is pushed around and he can see plastic, even if there is still a lot of food in the bowl, he will follow me around and bitch about it till I put more food in there - even if he isn't planning to eat right then. He just checks to make sure there is a sufficient amount and is then happy.

I have two ceramic bowls that I use for his small amount of wet food...both are blue so I haven't had him give me any grief about those.

He wore his cat scratcher pole out. I knew to order one that was the same right down to the color. It arrived yesterday. He was hesitant but the lure of some catnip rubbed on in it a little bit placed on the top was more than he could resist.

Cats are silly creatures.

Blue getting his 'nip on.

[Image: Blue%20scratching%20post_zpsatzxl0re.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
02-06-2017, 04:48 PM
And their mortal enemy is...

THE CUCUMBER
[Image: smileys-afraid-633450.gif]

Cats are the best. They're independent and lazy and don't need nobody, no way, no how. I can relate Rolleyes

No, but seriously, I love cats (not to the point of ending up like a crazy cat lady though. Too much responsibility for me. Rolleyes )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
02-06-2017, 05:23 PM
(02-06-2017 04:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Blue has a couple of deep plastic bowls that I use to feed him dry food. If the food is pushed around and he can see plastic, even if there is still a lot of food in the bowl, he will follow me around and bitch about it till I put more food in there - even if he isn't planning to eat right then. He just checks to make sure there is a sufficient amount and is then happy.

I've got one that eats, then comes sit next to me while I work. After a while he wakes up and wants to eat again so he sits up and stares at me and gives a pitiful little cry every few minutes. He's got food out in his bowl but he won't go over to it until I get up and walk over near it. As soon as I do that he trots over, eats, and then comes back to sleep near me. Rinse. Repeat.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post