Cat bowl problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2017, 05:32 PM
RE: Cat bowl problem
(02-06-2017 01:01 PM)Dr H Wrote:  And here I was, imagining bowling with cats . . .

[Image: catbowling-vi.jpg]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
02-06-2017, 05:33 PM
(02-06-2017 04:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Blue has a couple of deep plastic bowls that I use to feed him dry food. If the food is pushed around and he can see plastic, even if there is still a lot of food in the bowl, he will follow me around and bitch about it till I put more food in there - even if he isn't planning to eat right then. He just checks to make sure there is a sufficient amount and is then happy.

I have two ceramic bowls that I use for his small amount of wet food...both are blue so I haven't had him give me any grief about those.

He wore his cat scratcher pole out. I knew to order one that was the same right down to the color. It arrived yesterday. He was hesitant but the lure of some catnip rubbed on in it a little bit placed on the top was more that he could resist.

Cats are silly creatures.

Blue getting his 'nip on.

[Image: Blue%20scratching%20post_zpsatzxl0re.jpg]

OMG yes! If Cleo sees the bottom of the bowl she meows at me like there's nothing in the bowl, like it's empty. I have to fill it so it covers the bottom and then she's happy. She has me very well trained. She meows "jump!" and I say "how high".

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
02-06-2017, 05:36 PM
(02-06-2017 05:23 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 04:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Blue has a couple of deep plastic bowls that I use to feed him dry food. If the food is pushed around and he can see plastic, even if there is still a lot of food in the bowl, he will follow me around and bitch about it till I put more food in there - even if he isn't planning to eat right then. He just checks to make sure there is a sufficient amount and is then happy.

I've got one that eats, then comes sit next to me while I work. After a while he wakes up and wants to eat again so he sits up and stares at me and gives a pitiful little cry every few minutes. He's got food out in his bowl but he won't go over to it until I get up and walk over near it. As soon as I do that he trots over, eats, and then comes back to sleep near me. Rinse. Repeat.

About two weeks ago I decided I would give Blue a little wet food every day in hopes that it would help his dander problem...thought maybe the oils in it would help and it really has.

I started on a Saturday giving him about a third of a small can. By Monday morning he started griping at me as soon as I wake up and he doesn't stop following me and meowing till he gets his wet foot. Took two days for him to decide he would demand his 'new' food the minute my eyes open.

I give the dogs a treat in the morning right before I leave for work. Blue comes running when he hears me open the pantry because he is going to make sure he gets treats placed in his food bowl for later. He will not take food or treats out of my hand.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
02-06-2017, 05:39 PM
(02-06-2017 05:32 PM)julep Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 01:01 PM)Dr H Wrote:  And here I was, imagining bowling with cats . . .

[Image: catbowling-vi.jpg]

Bwahahaha. OMG I LOVE that. Tongue Add a few bowling pins......

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-06-2017, 05:48 PM
(02-06-2017 05:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 05:32 PM)julep Wrote:  

Bwahahaha. OMG I LOVE that. Tongue Add a few bowling pins......

Our cat likes something similar--shorter distances, sliding beneath an armchair--it seems there's something cats really enjoy about sliding on a wood floor.
03-06-2017, 05:35 AM
(02-06-2017 12:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So what's the deal with cats. I have been feeding my cat, Cleo, in a white, oblong little ceramic baking dish for....ohhhh...about 5 years. I have five or six of these little bowls and they're easy to clean and seem to work out for Cleo.

Yesterday all the white bows were dirty, I got lazy and put down a brownish bowl with her food in it. She looked at the bowl like it was some strange thing from another world. She was actually scared of the brown bowl and gave it a wide berth, avoiding it at all costs. I quickly washed out her white, oblong bowl and put her food in it. She was happy again.

Cats are crazy.

My folks had a similar situation with one of their cats. It had to eat at the table while the folks were eating. It also would not eat anything but canned crab or lobster that had been warmed. She didn't get up on the table, she stood on a chair.

She was a pure bred Siamese so you know if she didn't get what she wanted/expected/when she wanted you will realize just how much of a tantrum she put up, screaming or in some cases pouting. Glad I wasn't there to experience her performance. Of course those were the same people who had a fish that watched TV (but only one program) .

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
[+] 1 user Likes Ro3bert's post
03-06-2017, 05:35 AM
(02-06-2017 05:48 PM)julep Wrote:  it seems there's something cats really enjoy about sliding on a wood floor.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
03-06-2017, 06:02 AM
(02-06-2017 12:42 PM)Emma Wrote:  Wow, cats are finicky as hell.

This is why I'm a dog person, love all animals unlike the sort of assholes who would stick an M80 in a cats butthole but I do prefer dogs
03-06-2017, 06:06 AM
(03-06-2017 06:02 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 12:42 PM)Emma Wrote:  Wow, cats are finicky as hell.

This is why I'm a dog person, love all animals unlike the sort of assholes who would stick an M80 in a cats butthole but I do prefer dogs

How does a comment like this add to the thread?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-06-2017, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 07:08 AM by adey67.)
(03-06-2017 06:06 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 06:02 AM)adey67 Wrote:  This is why I'm a dog person, love all animals unlike the sort of assholes who would stick an M80 in a cats butthole but I do prefer dogs

How does a comment like this add to the thread?

Sorry my bad I was just saying there are some real assholes who like to hurt animals that's all I'm sorry if it upset you.
There was a case here in Sussex a short while back where someone did something like that poor cat had to be put down It was on my mind but I accept I probably should have added some better context to the comment than I did made it clearer perhaps.