Cat bowl problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 08:41 AM
RE: Cat bowl problem
(03-06-2017 06:02 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 12:42 PM)Emma Wrote:  Wow, cats are finicky as hell.

This is why I'm a dog person, love all animals unlike the sort of assholes who would stick an M80 in a cats butthole but I do prefer dogs

I love both dogs and cats. I love them for very different reasons. You really can't compare them. Apples and oranges....I love both of these fruits too, for different reasons.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2017, 08:50 AM
(03-06-2017 08:41 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 06:02 AM)adey67 Wrote:  This is why I'm a dog person, love all animals unlike the sort of assholes who would stick an M80 in a cats butthole but I do prefer dogs

I love both dogs and cats. I love them for very different reasons. You really can't compare them. Apples and oranges....I love both of these fruits too, for different reasons.

Cats seem to love me for some reason I once visited a friend who had by her own admission a very grumpy cat that would bite and scratch strangers, I got on so well with the little fella my friend was convinced I was carrying cat nip somewhere on my person. Maybe its an odour thing I don't know, I don't think I smell wierd but you never know. Smile
03-06-2017, 08:54 AM
My SO has a cat. I was never really keen on felines but her cat has pretty much won me over. It's more dog than cat, really; comes when you call it, rings a bell on the door when it wants to go out, likes roughhousing, etc.
03-06-2017, 08:57 AM
(03-06-2017 08:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 08:41 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I love both dogs and cats. I love them for very different reasons. You really can't compare them. Apples and oranges....I love both of these fruits too, for different reasons.

Cats seem to love me for some reason I once visited a friend who had by her own admission a very grumpy cat that would bite and scratch strangers, I got on so well with the little fella my friend was convinced I was carrying cat nip somewhere on my person. Maybe its an odour thing I don't know, I don't think I smell wierd but you never know. Smile

Do you use anything with a "mint" base or odor?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2017, 09:00 AM
(03-06-2017 08:57 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 08:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Cats seem to love me for some reason I once visited a friend who had by her own admission a very grumpy cat that would bite and scratch strangers, I got on so well with the little fella my friend was convinced I was carrying cat nip somewhere on my person. Maybe its an odour thing I don't know, I don't think I smell wierd but you never know. Smile

Do you use anything with a "mint" base or odor?

I don't think so but I am very fond of extra strong mints and being a smoker frequently carry them with me especially if visiting people.
03-06-2017, 09:11 AM
(03-06-2017 09:00 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 08:57 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Do you use anything with a "mint" base or odor?

I don't think so but I am very fond of extra strong mints and being a smoker frequently carry them with me especially if visiting people.

Okay. Catnip is in the mint family. Your charisma was accidental. But well played. Thumbsup
04-06-2017, 12:07 AM
(02-06-2017 12:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ... She was actually scared of the brown bowl and gave it a wide berth, avoiding it at all costs ... Cats are crazy ...

If McDonalds without prior announcement started serving Big Macs in brown paper wrap instead of whatever they use now sales would decline, maybe a lot, and it would absolutely make the news, probably the front page. Packaging matters - it's a multi-billion dollar industry - packaging and "branding". Cats may be crazy but their allegedly smarter two-legged mammalian cousins give them plenty of company.
04-06-2017, 05:04 AM
(04-06-2017 12:07 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 12:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ... She was actually scared of the brown bowl and gave it a wide berth, avoiding it at all costs ... Cats are crazy ...

If McDonalds without prior announcement started serving Big Macs in brown paper wrap instead of whatever they use now sales would decline, maybe a lot, and it would absolutely make the news, probably the front page. Packaging matters - it's a multi-billion dollar industry - packaging and "branding". Cats may be crazy but their allegedly smarter two-legged mammalian cousins give them plenty of company.
Your order at MacDonald's comes in a brown paper bag.
04-06-2017, 07:37 AM
(04-06-2017 05:04 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 12:07 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  If McDonalds without prior announcement started serving Big Macs in brown paper wrap instead of whatever they use now sales would decline, maybe a lot, and it would absolutely make the news, probably the front page. Packaging matters - it's a multi-billion dollar industry - packaging and "branding". Cats may be crazy but their allegedly smarter two-legged mammalian cousins give them plenty of company.
Your order at MacDonald's comes in a brown paper bag.

And we all live in a brown paper world.....
04-06-2017, 10:12 AM
It's not just cats. If our pug accidentally bumped into his bowl, causing it to move on the floor and make a noise, he'd become scared of that specific bowl and we'd have to change to another before he'd eat again.

Not as much of an issue now that he's blind, deaf, and arthritic. If he can find the bowl and stand up long enough to eat a full meal, he'll do it.

'Murican Canadian