Cat bowl problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2017, 10:34 AM
RE: Cat bowl problem
(04-06-2017 07:37 AM)big green mouth Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 05:04 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Your order at MacDonald's comes in a brown paper bag.

And we all live in a brown paper world.....
The yellow submarine after two days too long left on the counter. Blink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2017, 12:36 PM
(04-06-2017 12:07 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 12:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ... She was actually scared of the brown bowl and gave it a wide berth, avoiding it at all costs ... Cats are crazy ...

If McDonalds without prior announcement started serving Big Macs in brown paper wrap instead of whatever they use now sales would decline, maybe a lot, and it would absolutely make the news, probably the front page. Packaging matters - it's a multi-billion dollar industry - packaging and "branding". Cats may be crazy but their allegedly smarter two-legged mammalian cousins give them plenty of company.

Actually most studies seem to suggest cats are fairly dim-witted. They do have a surprising number of neurons but most seem to be dedicated to sensory input rather than problem solving. So it is unsurprising that a cat who is acutely aware of what it's food dish looks smells and feels like would balk at a replacement. Cats also have around 16 hours of object permanence so they will remember what their food dish looks/smells/feels like.

As opposed Dogs have larger brains (and that keeps expanding though domesticated cats brains have changed little) however they have fewer neurons. But dogs use more of their neurons for problem solving dedicating to either eyesight or Olfactory rather than both. Dogs have a lot of brain power tied up in social functions, being pack animals, and are closely in tune with Human emotions.
Which is why you can change a dogs food bowl with no issue, they go more by your actions rather than a set this is how food works that cats use.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
04-06-2017, 12:41 PM
(04-06-2017 12:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 12:07 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  If McDonalds without prior announcement started serving Big Macs in brown paper wrap instead of whatever they use now sales would decline, maybe a lot, and it would absolutely make the news, probably the front page. Packaging matters - it's a multi-billion dollar industry - packaging and "branding". Cats may be crazy but their allegedly smarter two-legged mammalian cousins give them plenty of company.

Actually most studies seem to suggest cats are fairly dim-witted. They do have a surprising number of neurons but most seem to be dedicated to sensory input rather than problem solving. So it is unsurprising that a cat who is acutely aware of what it's food dish looks smells and feels like would balk at a replacement. Cats also have around 16 hours of object permanence so they will remember what their food dish looks/smells/feels like.

As opposed Dogs have larger brains (and that keeps expanding though domesticated cats brains have changed little) however they have fewer neurons. But dogs use more of their neurons for problem solving dedicating to either eyesight or Olfactory rather than both. Dogs have a lot of brain power tied up in social functions, being pack animals, and are closely in tune with Human emotions.
Which is why you can change a dogs food bowl with no issue, they go more by your actions rather than a set this is how food works that cats use.

I think you underestimate cats. Drinking Beverage

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-06-2017, 12:42 PM
(02-06-2017 12:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So what's the deal with cats. I have been feeding my cat, Cleo, in a white, oblong little ceramic baking dish for....ohhhh...about 5 years. I have five or six of these little bowls and they're easy to clean and seem to work out for Cleo.

Yesterday all the white bows were dirty, I got lazy and put down a brownish bowl with her food in it. She looked at the bowl like it was some strange thing from another world. She was actually scared of the brown bowl and gave it a wide berth, avoiding it at all costs. I quickly washed out her white, oblong bowl and put her food in it. She was happy again.

Cats are crazy.

She didn't want to get your cooties, I can't blame her. When I opened the thread I thunk it said a cat bowel problem Eyes getting old!
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
04-06-2017, 12:44 PM
(04-06-2017 12:42 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  When I opened the thread I thunk it said a cat bowel problem

Good, I'm glad it wasn't just me.
04-06-2017, 12:51 PM
(04-06-2017 12:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 12:07 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  If McDonalds without prior announcement started serving Big Macs in brown paper wrap instead of whatever they use now sales would decline, maybe a lot, and it would absolutely make the news, probably the front page. Packaging matters - it's a multi-billion dollar industry - packaging and "branding". Cats may be crazy but their allegedly smarter two-legged mammalian cousins give them plenty of company.

Hey! Are you calling my cat stupid! See here, my good man......

Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-06-2017, 12:58 PM
(04-06-2017 12:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 12:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Actually most studies seem to suggest cats are fairly dim-witted. They do have a surprising number of neurons but most seem to be dedicated to sensory input rather than problem solving. So it is unsurprising that a cat who is acutely aware of what it's food dish looks smells and feels like would balk at a replacement. Cats also have around 16 hours of object permanence so they will remember what their food dish looks/smells/feels like.

I think you underestimate cats. Drinking Beverage
Spot the dog-person. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
04-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Eat the damn cat before it eats you.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-06-2017, 03:22 PM
(02-06-2017 04:48 PM)Vera Wrote:  And their mortal enemy is...

THE CUCUMBER
[Image: smileys-afraid-633450.gif]

Cats are the best. They're independent and lazy and don't need nobody, no way, no how. I can relate Rolleyes

No, but seriously, I love cats (not to the point of ending up like a crazy cat lady though. Too much responsibility for me. Rolleyes )
Actually my cats weren't scared of cucumbers. They ate cucumbers though
and potato soup, and bananas... Cats are just weird. That's all really.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -