Catholic Apologists Blame Paedophilia Scandals on Gays?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2015, 05:40 PM
Catholic Apologists Blame Paedophilia Scandals on Gays?
Recently I've come across this Catholic talking point in which blame for their paedophile preist scandals is placed on homosexuality.

I don't know if this has been around for a while, but it's new to me, and especially infuriating.

This is an organization that fights against MY civil rights, then some Catholic apologists turn around and blame ME for the RCC's shortcomings!

I can't help but take personal offense.

Has anyone else heard this particularly sleazy talking point before?

[Image: z555d8ccd8ce21.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Helen_Damnation's post
19-05-2015, 05:44 PM
RE: Catholic Apologists Blame Paedophilia Scandals on Gays?
[Image: Headdesk.gif]

Sounds like they are just trying to pull excuses out of their ass to take the attention off them.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
19-05-2015, 05:44 PM
How odd! Here in Melbourne where a big ped inquiry re the catholic church is in progress kids of both sexes have suicided and had their lives ruined by sexual abuse.
Sexual abuse of children knows no gender boundaries!Evil_monster
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
19-05-2015, 06:21 PM
(19-05-2015 05:40 PM)Helen_Damnation Wrote:  Recently I've come across this Catholic talking point in which blame for their paedophile preist scandals is placed on homosexuality.

I don't know if this has been around for a while, but it's new to me, and especially infuriating.

This is an organization that fights against MY civil rights, then some Catholic apologists turn around and blame ME for the RCC's shortcomings!

I can't help but take personal offense.

Has anyone else heard this particularly sleazy talking point before?

Can you provide a link please?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-05-2015, 06:22 PM
The articles I've read have Catholic leaders basically saying "gay = paedophile" and thrusting the blame onto gay people.

Despite all the talk of taking care of the problem, Church leaders would rather throw a minority group under the bus rather than accept responsibility and actually make real changes. Disappointing.

19-05-2015, 06:32 PM
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...-scandals/

"The way Oko tells it, young gay men raised as Catholics get drawn into the priesthood because it’s a good way to hide their orientation. In seminary they encounter other secretly gay men and form a social network. Not all of these priests will become molesters… but, Oko argues, they will close ranks to protect one of their fellows from any accusations. And because of their spiritual corruption — because being gay makes you “immune to that which is higher” — these people become more interested in base, corrupt things like money, power, career, and luxury, so they are drawn to positions of power within their diocese.

Over time, this gay network has become strong enough to intimidate or silence anybody who dares speak up in favor of the Catholic Church’s teaching (that homosexuality is “intrinsically disordered”) or attempt to bring child abusers to justice — the reason behind the state of the Church today."

http://www.blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/...-and-gays/

"Meanwhile, Think Progress reports the Catholic Leugue ran an ad in the New York Times that, in addition to lamenting that the paper unfairly went "for the Vatican jugular," claims the abuse scandal is not a crisis of pedophilia, but of homosexuality. "The Times continues to editorialize about the "pedophilia crisis" when all along it's been a homosexual crisis. Eighty percent of the victims of priestly sexual abuse are male and most of them are post-pubescent."

And this thread on Catholic Answers: http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=447749

19-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Those gays are making it seem so fun and tempting, the priests aren't to blame. It's those sinful devilish gays that are influencing them!

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
19-05-2015, 06:57 PM
(19-05-2015 06:53 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Those gays are making it seem so fun and tempting, the priests aren't to blame. It's those sinful devilish gays that are influencing them!

I agree. Curse them and their extremely danceable music

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
[+] 1 user Likes PeterKA's post
19-05-2015, 07:20 PM
(19-05-2015 06:32 PM)Helen_Damnation Wrote:  http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...-scandals/

"The way Oko tells it, young gay men raised as Catholics get drawn into the priesthood because it’s a good way to hide their orientation. In seminary they encounter other secretly gay men and form a social network. Not all of these priests will become molesters… but, Oko argues, they will close ranks to protect one of their fellows from any accusations. And because of their spiritual corruption — because being gay makes you “immune to that which is higher” — these people become more interested in base, corrupt things like money, power, career, and luxury, so they are drawn to positions of power within their diocese.

Over time, this gay network has become strong enough to intimidate or silence anybody who dares speak up in favor of the Catholic Church’s teaching (that homosexuality is “intrinsically disordered”) or attempt to bring child abusers to justice — the reason behind the state of the Church today."

http://www.blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/...-and-gays/

"Meanwhile, Think Progress reports the Catholic Leugue ran an ad in the New York Times that, in addition to lamenting that the paper unfairly went "for the Vatican jugular," claims the abuse scandal is not a crisis of pedophilia, but of homosexuality. "The Times continues to editorialize about the "pedophilia crisis" when all along it's been a homosexual crisis. Eighty percent of the victims of priestly sexual abuse are male and most of them are post-pubescent."

And this thread on Catholic Answers: http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=447749

Ah, so basically, "Those weren't real catholics! They were... They were... THEY WERE GAYS USING OUR PURE FAITH TO COVER UP THEIR EVIL WAYS!"

lol.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
19-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Gotta love the church using the bible as a mask for its prejudice... Again!

Imagine the uproar if they blamed money going missing on 'black clergymen'
It would be a horrible racist stereotype and those expressing those ideas would be rightfully defrocked from the church.

Yet homophobic stereotypes can be justified?

Neanderthals, the lot of them!

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 1 user Likes LostLegend's post