Catholic Bronies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 09:17 AM
Catholic Bronies
Back in the day, I dated a pega-sister. Loved My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (MLP: FiM). I'll admit it's not a bad show overall, however, if you know anything about the fans, you know they can get a bit...hardcore. Bronies and Pega-Sisters and what not.

So, as a relic of that relationship I'm a member of a "Catholic Bronies" group. It's been a while, so I decided to go look and see what all was being posted, mainly out of boredom. I now give you my Top 11 Take-Aways, why 11? Because Nostalgia Critic taught me how to count to 10 after grad school fried my brain.

Anyhow, the Take-Aways:
1) First post was someone linking the Pope's new exhortation with, "Let us pray the Pope recants his errors".
2) Post about canonizing Dorothy Day comes down to "We can't make Saints outta commie scum". (From an 18 year old homeschooler.)
3) " I'm convinced more than ever that October 13th, 2017 will bring the punishment predicted by Our Lady of Akita."
4) A giant thread on how Bill Nye isn't a "real scientist" and the evils of evolution.
5) Angry post about Father James Martin S.J. and how evil he is.
6) Fears about demonic possession because someone's girlfriend used a Ouija Board.
7) "Does the Church even exist anymore? With the horrific Apostolic Exhortation do we even have a hope, or are we doomed to destruction and chastisement? I feel my hope dying and I fear that I will die soon in the punishment predicted by Our Lady of Akita. I feel like the faith has been wrecked beyond repair by our own shepherds."
8) "Gays and Transgenders are bullies!" over bathrooms and wanting equal treatment in businesses.
9) The "Leftist Media" are "dirty provocateurs".
10) "Is America worth saving? Stuff like this makes me say "no"." in response to an article about Planned Parenthood.

and finally, this exchange:
11)Person 1: We need a new name for this group. The fandom is obviously toxic and degenerate and believing Christians are not welcome.
Person 2: I've already dissociated myself from the fandom except for brony friends with whom I share other interests. However, it might be time to stop watching the show if the writers pull another Legend of Korra. Of course, a Catholic brony can still get along in the fandom... IF they remain silent about their faith and don't criticize the progressive sacred cause of the moment.
Person 1: No one has said that they will do so. But the fact that so many degenerates in the fandom want it sickens me. Makes it hard to muster up any motivation to write.

The fandom is toxic? They're calling people degenerates and are actually proclaiming themselves more Catholic than the Pope. Also I saw exactly 1 post related to MLP:FiM in a month's worth of going back. Also I believe the Legend of Korra thing is related to the final scene in which Korra and Asami (both women) are holding hands after nearly kissing, and walking into a spirit portal which resembles and early 20th century ivy wedding arch. Which made most of us in the fandom go "aww".

Edit Reason: I put "friend my brain" instead of "Fried my brain".

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
26-04-2016, 09:51 AM
RE: Catholic Bronies
[Image: 875315390.jpg?495]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
26-04-2016, 09:52 AM
Laugh out load

I dunno man. The internet is a weird place, that's all I can say.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Celestia Vult? Celestia Wills It? Crusade to convert the non-believers in Celestia? Anyone? Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
26-04-2016, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2016 10:31 AM by Mr. Boston.)
I initially misread the thread title as "Catholic Brownies," which is only moderately more interesting than Catholic Bronies, lol. My 5-year-old son was into the My Little Ponies and I watched a few episodes with him. Compared to the VAST majority of kids' programming I thought it was actually decent. They teach good lessons about friendship, and the writing was actually fairly witty. A much better set of ideals and use of a child's time than Catholic Sunday School that's for sure.
26-04-2016, 10:37 AM
Is this really a thing? Shocking

Catholic AND brony? That's two kinds of crazy rolled up in one gooey, nutty package. Sad

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
26-04-2016, 10:40 AM
It's the internet.

If your kink is left handed Korean midgets giving you a handjob whilst whistling "The Star Spangled Banner" and taking a dump on a picture of Margret Thatcher ---- there's probably a community specifically dedicated to it................................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-04-2016, 10:43 AM
(26-04-2016 09:51 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  [Image: 875315390.jpg?495]

Why, thank you CS. I really needed to see a picture of Pinkie Pie taking a cupcake shit, and Applejack in a lewd posture. Thank you very goddamn much, you evil, evil man.

Also, enjoy seeing Anjele have a mentral breakdown when she sees this thread.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
26-04-2016, 11:05 AM
(26-04-2016 10:43 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 09:51 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  [Image: 875315390.jpg?495]

Why, thank you CS. I really needed to see a picture of Pinkie Pie taking a cupcake shit, and Applejack in a lewd posture. Thank you very goddamn much, you evil, evil man.

You're welcome.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
26-04-2016, 11:12 AM
(26-04-2016 11:05 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 10:43 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Why, thank you CS. I really needed to see a picture of Pinkie Pie taking a cupcake shit, and Applejack in a lewd posture. Thank you very goddamn much, you evil, evil man.

You're welcome.

Pffft. You could have atleast posted Shed.mov or SMILE; atleast that's graphic.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."