Catholic Church Coverup Continues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Catholic Church Coverup Continues
Arizona State Professor Jaime Lara resigns after his past is revealed.

Washington Post

Quote:The Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn, under pressure from victims, posted on its website the names of eight priests who had been laicized — “dispensed from the clerical state” by the Vatican — for sexually abusing children. Among the names on the list was the Rev. James Lara, also known as Jaime Lara, who served in active ministry for 19 years, from 1973 to 1992.

So the church knew he was a pedophile but didn't tell the public for 25 years:

Quote:Lara was able to keep his past hidden for so long because the diocese refused to tell the public which priests were removed from ministry because of “credible” allegations of molesting children.

More here:

New York Times

The church should be charged under organized crime statutes as operating an organized pedophilia ring.

How many more victims are there after 25 years?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
13-11-2017, 06:11 PM
RE: Catholic Church Coverup Continues
The Church continues to be the most politically and morally corrupt organization on the planet. I am not surprised. Dodgy
[+] 5 users Like Gwaithmir's post
13-11-2017, 08:58 PM
Why isn't INTERPOL invading the Vatican as of the last... forty years?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
13-11-2017, 09:33 PM
Quote:The church should be charged under organized crime statutes as operating an organized pedophilia ring.

Good point.

And why aren’t Catholic churces met with hostility in our communities?

Even NAMBLA is limited to espousing a philosophy. Catholicism is pedophilia in action.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
13-11-2017, 09:53 PM
(13-11-2017 09:33 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:The church should be charged under organized crime statutes as operating an organized pedophilia ring.

Good point.

And why aren’t Catholic churces met with hostility in our communities?

Even NAMBLA is limited to espousing a philosophy. Catholicism is pedophilia in action.

Social taboos, political correctness, blind denial, and moral weakness? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2017, 10:13 PM
(13-11-2017 08:58 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Why isn't INTERPOL invading the Vatican as of the last... forty years?
Invading the holy of holies just because some of it's servants stray from path of righteousness? No religious mind could conceive of such. Sadly.

Maybe some day this fucked up institution will collapse under the weight of financial recompensation to it's victims but other than that I expect it to last. Sadly.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
13-11-2017, 11:47 PM
What will it take for people to stop sending money to this horrendous institution? Sad

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
14-11-2017, 05:31 AM
(13-11-2017 11:47 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  What will it take for people to stop sending money to this horrendous institution? Sad
I'll use example to illustrate*: few hours before Americans entered small German city, Nazis ruling there hanged a man that most probably would have lived under different regime.

*Full story can be found in Ian Kershaw "The End".

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-11-2017, 08:41 AM
I'm still pissed off that they're able to carry on their own investigations and keep stuff secret from law enforcement/the prosecution. If some random group of people decided to dole out punishment on their own and not report the crime, people would be up in arms. Especially if that "punishment" was "hide the deed and move the rapist somewhere else with other kids".

I want to see criminal prosecution of the rapists and obstruction of justice and accessory after the fact charges for everyone who covers.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
14-11-2017, 08:48 AM
How in any realm do the local diocese have any authority over the police force? I get having "internal investigation" but how are the Police just not walking into these places and arresting them/charging them/sending them to prison ?

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post