Catholic Church Still Protecting Its Paedophile Priests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: Catholic Church Still Protecting Its Paedophile Priests
(27-11-2016 07:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  If access to adult sexual partners would quell pedophilia, one would expect to see a very low rate of pedophilia in intact families, too.

Pedophiles typically seek out opportunities where they can have uncontrolled access to children. They get that access by hiding behind the cloak of religion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post
27-11-2016, 07:55 PM
Take a look at this-

https://www.futurechurch.org/brief-histo...lic-church

"580-Pope Pelagius II: his policy was not to bother married priests as long as they did not hand over church property to wives or children."

What it doesn't say is that the property that priests "owned" was taken in a land grab by the RCC. It really soft pedals what happened.

"17th Century

Inquisition, Newton and Galileo"

Nice trio. Dodgy
27-11-2016, 08:00 PM
(27-11-2016 07:35 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  It just seems odd to me that so many priests end up as pedos. I'm sure there is a reason for it. Being told that you can't have any vagina might have something to do with it.

You have to consider that they also know they are not supposed to have children either.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
27-11-2016, 08:27 PM
(27-11-2016 07:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(27-11-2016 07:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  If access to adult sexual partners would quell pedophilia, one would expect to see a very low rate of pedophilia in intact families, too.

Pedophiles typically seek out opportunities where they can have uncontrolled access to children. They get that access by hiding behind the cloak of religion.

Quite. Sad Back when I was a Baptist, I interned at a probation office. A non-denominational minister in the area was busted for being a pedophile and everyone in the office was shocked he wasn't Catholic. Actually, my old Baptist youth minister's eldest son was also arrested for soliciting sex with minors via the internet as well.

The thing, in my opinion, that makes the Catholic Church 'special' in a bad way, amongst religion being used by pedophiles, is the cover up. Because there is a hierarchy, and because it does take steps to keep it 'in house' because some of the leadership cares more about image than victims, it gets all the headlines. (Not that it shouldn't be called on covering things up, it should.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
27-11-2016, 09:28 PM
(27-11-2016 07:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

Sure, no argument from me about that.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
28-11-2016, 01:44 AM
(27-11-2016 11:58 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My archdiocese faces a priest shortage partially due to the archbishop they sent in after the sex abuse scandals here became public, and he went through on a righteous warpath, getting rid of everyone involved in molestation or covering up molestation (as he should have). To even be involved in any programs where kids may be present, there's now a multi-part Safe Environment Training thing, which includes how to report if the clergy (or volunteers) are abusing children. And I believe it's also archdiocese policy to suspend a priest pending investigation by both law enforcement and the archdiocese to see if there's any substance to accusations.

So this guy, the archbishop, did he report the molestors and cover-uppers to law enforcement? 'Cos the thing that really gets my goat is that the church often may suspend them or do other stuff, but they don't face the criminal justice system. If he did then he's the real deal and is actually cleaning house. If he didn't, he's just a higher-level cover-up man.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
28-11-2016, 02:18 AM
(27-11-2016 07:55 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Take a look at this-

https://www.futurechurch.org/brief-histo...lic-church

"580-Pope Pelagius II: his policy was not to bother married priests as long as they did not hand over church property to wives or children."

What it doesn't say is that the property that priests "owned" was taken in a land grab by the RCC. It really soft pedals what happened.

"17th Century

Inquisition, Newton and Galileo"

Nice trio. Dodgy

Newton? Are you talking about Isaac Newton the physicist and mathematician? The guy who had some rather weird ideas about religion but was NEVER a catholic and lived in England post-reformation and was thus NEVER persecuted by the catholic church because that church had been outlawed?

I'm not disagreeing at all about the deplorable record of the RCC but Newton was never, ever persecuted by it. That website you've cited is pretty poor. It sums up the 18th century in the context of "A Brief History of Celibacy in the Catholic Church" as:
  • Eighteenth Century
  • 1776-American Declaration of Independence.
  • 1789-French Revolution.

Hardly relevant.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
28-11-2016, 03:56 AM
(28-11-2016 01:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  So this guy, the archbishop, did he report the molestors and cover-uppers to law enforcement? 'Cos the thing that really gets my goat is that the church often may suspend them or do other stuff, but they don't face the criminal justice system. If he did then he's the real deal and is actually cleaning house. If he didn't, he's just a higher-level cover-up man.

Spot-on. If you know of a crime committed and don't report it, how are you not a party to it, if only after the fact?

Call me crazy, but if I learn someone is having a go at a child, my conscience won't rest until I've done due diligence. The shuffling of pawns practiced by the Catholic hierarchy bespeaks lazy consciences on the part of those who are alleged to be moral guides.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
28-11-2016, 08:31 AM
(28-11-2016 01:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-11-2016 11:58 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My archdiocese faces a priest shortage partially due to the archbishop they sent in after the sex abuse scandals here became public, and he went through on a righteous warpath, getting rid of everyone involved in molestation or covering up molestation (as he should have). To even be involved in any programs where kids may be present, there's now a multi-part Safe Environment Training thing, which includes how to report if the clergy (or volunteers) are abusing children. And I believe it's also archdiocese policy to suspend a priest pending investigation by both law enforcement and the archdiocese to see if there's any substance to accusations.

So this guy, the archbishop, did he report the molestors and cover-uppers to law enforcement? 'Cos the thing that really gets my goat is that the church often may suspend them or do other stuff, but they don't face the criminal justice system. If he did then he's the real deal and is actually cleaning house. If he didn't, he's just a higher-level cover-up man.

At least some not sure about all (though I would hope all, because as thumpy put it, cover up is just another word for aiding and abetting after the fact), were, when I was spot checking the official list the Archdiocese has of Clergy Offenders who were found to have molested children and were defrocked (or laicized) over it. The current Archdiocesan guidelines, put into place after they cleaned house some, are that of mandatory reporting for all volunteers, staff members, or clergy to law enforcement immediately upon hearing something (as well as to their supervisor), even if not required under Wisconsin law.

Just in the year and a half I've been here, we had one priest at a parish I've been to, be temporarily suspended after an allegation was made. They wouldn't let him resume his duties until a full investigation was conducted by law enforcement, as well as the church, and no evidence was found.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2016, 09:16 AM
(28-11-2016 08:31 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just in the year and a half I've been here, we had one priest at a parish I've been to, be temporarily suspended after an allegation was made. They wouldn't let him resume his duties until a full investigation was conducted by law enforcement, as well as the church, and no evidence was found.

And thusly doth the RC church slowly turn into C of E Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post