Catholic Church Still Protecting Its Paedophile Priests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2016, 10:03 AM
RE: Catholic Church Still Protecting Its Paedophile Priests
(28-11-2016 02:18 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  
(27-11-2016 07:55 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Take a look at this-

https://www.futurechurch.org/brief-histo...lic-church

"580-Pope Pelagius II: his policy was not to bother married priests as long as they did not hand over church property to wives or children."

What it doesn't say is that the property that priests "owned" was taken in a land grab by the RCC. It really soft pedals what happened.

"17th Century

Inquisition, Newton and Galileo"

Nice trio. Dodgy

Newton? Are you talking about Isaac Newton the physicist and mathematician? The guy who had some rather weird ideas about religion but was NEVER a catholic and lived in England post-reformation and was thus NEVER persecuted by the catholic church because that church had been outlawed?

I'm not disagreeing at all about the deplorable record of the RCC but Newton was never, ever persecuted by it. That website you've cited is pretty poor. It sums up the 18th century in the context of "A Brief History of Celibacy in the Catholic Church" as:
  • Eighteenth Century
  • 1776-American Declaration of Independence.
  • 1789-French Revolution.

Hardly relevant.

The fact that it is so slanted is why I picked out the particular quotes. I didn't claim it was a great source.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2016, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2016 02:33 PM by SYZ.)
(28-11-2016 01:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  So this guy, the archbishop, did he report the molestors and cover-uppers to law enforcement? 'Cos the thing that really gets my goat is that the church often may suspend them or do other stuff, but they don't face the criminal justice system. If he did then he's the real deal and is actually cleaning house. If he didn't, he's just a higher-level cover-up man.

In the case of Pell and Hart (in Australia) neither reported their knowledge of paedophile priests to the police at the time. It's claimed that Pell knew about it from the 1970s, but kept quiet about his (at that time) suspicions. In 1973, Pell lived in the same share-house with one of Victoria's worst-ever Catholic paedophile priests, Gerald Francis Ridsdale, in rural Ballarat. It turns out that Ridsdale had been kiddy-fiddling since 1961 (he's now 82 years of age).

To make matters worse in Pell's case, he acted as Ridsdale's support person at Ridsdale's trials in Melbourne, where he was charged with child sexual abuse and indecent assault against 54 children aged as young as four years.

This is an image of these two bastards in 1993, with Pell on the right...

[Image: 2] —— Pell tried to have this image suppressed—I wonder why?

As for current Archbishop Denis Hart; thus far he seems to have slipped under the radar as far as his activities involved with shifting known paedophile priests around various dioceses in Victoria goes. Hart admited he was aware of complaints about a sexually abusive priest, Peter Searson, in 1996, but other than restricting Searson's contact with choir boys, no further action was taken by the church, nor did it refer the matter to the police. Hart admitted later that "more should have been done" at that time.

And this is Denis Hart, dressed in his clown costume...

[Image: Denis-Hart-e1333028186572.jpg]

—Do Catholic priests strip out of all this clobber when they're fucking little boys? Or do they at least leave their silly hats on?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
28-11-2016, 11:16 AM
(28-11-2016 11:12 AM)SYZ Wrote:  And this is Denis Hart, dressed in his clown costume...

—Do Catholic priests trip out of all this clobber when they're fucking little boys? Or do they at least leave their silly hats on?

I wonder how many altar-boys he's hiding under those robes?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
28-11-2016, 11:59 AM
(27-11-2016 07:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Pedophiles typically seek out opportunities where they can have uncontrolled access to children. They get that access by hiding behind the cloak of religion.
I know you are correct about this. That's why it concerns me that we don't hear about more Protestant ministers who are pedophiles - because maybe there are more than we hear about and they are still getting away with it while all the attention is on the Catholic church. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
28-11-2016, 02:34 PM
(28-11-2016 09:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-11-2016 08:31 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just in the year and a half I've been here, we had one priest at a parish I've been to, be temporarily suspended after an allegation was made. They wouldn't let him resume his duties until a full investigation was conducted by law enforcement, as well as the church, and no evidence was found.

And thusly doth the RC church slowly turn into C of E Smile
Talk about a fate worse than death. Tongue

What was it Dawkins said in that CNN special report on atheists? Something like, "I have a great affection for the Church of England. It's rather harmless and no one really believes in it."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2016, 03:16 PM
(28-11-2016 11:16 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(28-11-2016 11:12 AM)SYZ Wrote:  And this is Denis Hart, dressed in his clown costume...

—Do Catholic priests trip out of all this clobber when they're fucking little boys? Or do they at least leave their silly hats on?

I wonder how many altar-boys he's hiding under those robes?

Which is why this is my favorite Halloween costume of all time:

[Image: ea2a92d4bc22fa289096b1adc2e99f4d_fullsize.png]

Yes, my sense of humor is dark sometimes. Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Well, okay... that one and these guys:

[Image: 9f9378f6ab068c07da2e0d331206e398.jpg]

Yeah, I know, totally off topic, but you gotta admit that's pretty fuckin' clever! Even the plastic "ground" under their feet is divided so they can walk. Sorta.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-11-2016, 03:29 PM
(28-11-2016 11:59 AM)Impulse Wrote:  [...] That's why it concerns me that we don't hear about more Protestant ministers who are pedophiles - because maybe there are more than we hear about and they are still getting away with it while all the attention is on the Catholic church.

The only figures I could find in Australia were as reported by the Victorian Police to a parliamentary committee of inquiry as of October 2012. Victoria has a population of only 5.8 million people, so it's difficult to say if these figures are accurately representative of Australia as a whole—and they certainly wouldn't equate to US figures with its 319 million population.

• 370 were victims of abuse in the Catholic church,
• 37 victims in the Anglican Church,
• 36 victims in the Salvation Army,
• 18 victims in the Jewish church.

I guess it's clear—even allowing for a large degree of error—that the majority of paedophile clergy are Roman Catholic. Could this be caused by enforced celibacy? Or are homosexual men drawn to the RC church because of potentially easy contact with adolescent boys—as male homosexuals are more likely to sexually abuse young boys, rather than girls. Homosexuals are overrepresented in child sex offenses: individuals from the 1% - 3% of the population that is sexually attracted to the same sex are committing up to one-third of the sex crimes against children in the US.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
28-11-2016, 04:37 PM
(28-11-2016 03:29 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(28-11-2016 11:59 AM)Impulse Wrote:  [...] That's why it concerns me that we don't hear about more Protestant ministers who are pedophiles - because maybe there are more than we hear about and they are still getting away with it while all the attention is on the Catholic church.

The only figures I could find in Australia were as reported by the Victorian Police to a parliamentary committee of inquiry as of October 2012. Victoria has a population of only 5.8 million people, so it's difficult to say if these figures are accurately representative of Australia as a whole—and they certainly wouldn't equate to US figures with its 319 million population.

• 370 were victims of abuse in the Catholic church,
• 37 victims in the Anglican Church,
• 36 victims in the Salvation Army,
• 18 victims in the Jewish church.

I guess it's clear—even allowing for a large degree of error—that the majority of paedophile clergy are Roman Catholic. Could this be caused by enforced celibacy? Or are homosexual men drawn to the RC church because of potentially easy contact with adolescent boys—as male homosexuals are more likely to sexually abuse young boys, rather than girls. Homosexuals are overrepresented in child sex offenses: individuals from the 1% - 3% of the population that is sexually attracted to the same sex are committing up to one-third of the sex crimes against children in the US.

Actually, while I don't feel like looking it up right now, I recall reading that molestation numbers were similar in Protestant denominations in the United States. It's just that the monolith of the RCC makes them an easier target, and the same monolithic structure of that church made them able to react as a single body-- either to cover up or to clean up, and we know how that went at first-- whereas the Protestant churches here are more individual and thus make for a lot of smaller, less-attention-grabbing targets.

Rather like the kids they're fucking.

Sexual repression is a terrible thing, and causes terrible outcomes. I pity both the sexual victims and the sexually oppressed men (and women) who are driven to express their twisted development in the way that they do. Undecided

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
29-11-2016, 01:17 AM
(28-11-2016 02:34 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(28-11-2016 09:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  And thusly doth the RC church slowly turn into C of E Smile
Talk about a fate worse than death. Tongue

What was it Dawkins said in that CNN special report on atheists? Something like, "I have a great affection for the Church of England. It's rather harmless and no one really believes in it."

It's exactly what needs to happen to the Catholic Church. Once it's lost its teeth then people can safely do all the robes and chanting if that's what floats their boat, but right now it's a den of iniquity. Pope Franky's doing (or attempting anyway) some dental extraction as far as I can tell but he'll have to be careful about it if he doesn't want a trip to the bottom of the Tiber.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post