• 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2016, 03:02 AM
RE: Catholic Church Still Protecting Its Paedophile Priests
Oh, there's a fucking surprise.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2016, 08:55 AM
(28-11-2016 04:37 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Actually, while I don't feel like looking it up right now, I recall reading that molestation numbers were similar in Protestant denominations in the United States. It's just that the monolith of the RCC makes them an easier target, and the same monolithic structure of that church made them able to react as a single body-- either to cover up or to clean up, and we know how that went at first-- whereas the Protestant churches here are more individual and thus make for a lot of smaller, less-attention-grabbing targets.
I hadn't heard this so I did some searching. What's amazing is, while I see small signs that you are probably right, it's difficult to find any trustworthy website with good information about it. I found a bunch of broken links, a Catholic site (yeah, not trusting that one!), a religious site looking like it's main purpose is collecting money, and this article which I found very interesting, but it talks more about why Protestant pedophilia is less known/publicized than Catholic pedophilia. Still it does suggest that it's prevalent among Protestant clergy.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
29-11-2016, 11:28 AM
(28-11-2016 03:21 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Well, okay... that one and these guys:

[Image: 9f9378f6ab068c07da2e0d331206e398.jpg]

Yeah, I know, totally off topic, but you gotta admit that's pretty fuckin' clever! Even the plastic "ground" under their feet is divided so they can walk. Sorta.

Very cool. They wisely avoided the crawling plastic soldier, I see.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
29-11-2016, 03:07 PM
(29-11-2016 01:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-11-2016 02:34 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Talk about a fate worse than death. Tongue

What was it Dawkins said in that CNN special report on atheists? Something like, "I have a great affection for the Church of England. It's rather harmless and no one really believes in it."

It's exactly what needs to happen to the Catholic Church. Once it's lost its teeth then people can safely do all the robes and chanting if that's what floats their boat, but right now it's a den of iniquity. Pope Franky's doing (or attempting anyway) some dental extraction as far as I can tell but he'll have to be careful about it if he doesn't want a trip to the bottom of the Tiber.
I think there's more than a few Traddies who want to see him follow in the very mysteriously dead footsteps of Pope John Paul I. Though I would argue that between the sex abuse scandals, the internet, and the poor state of Catholic catechesis in America at least (not sure about elsewhere, like Africa and Asia where the Church is growing) it's not far off from the state already, a generation or two at the very most. One of the groups I belong to on Facebook keeps posting articles lamenting things like, When I look at the kids in my Catechesis class, all I see is Ex Catholics.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2016, 10:27 PM
(27-11-2016 07:35 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  It just seems odd to me that so many priests end up as pedos. I'm sure there is a reason for it. Being told that you can't have any vagina might have something to do with it.

I wonder if it's a guilt thing?
Like, they join up as a priest for the church as a way that maybe God will forgive them or some such shit. Penance maybe. Than they go and have private access to these kids and the urge is too great and it's been years since they became a priest and that passion to be a priest is no longer there so the drive to stay on gods true path or whatever bullshit they tell themselves is strained until the day when having a feel outweighs not being a cunt.

[Image: oscar.png]
07-12-2016, 02:17 AM
The catholic church can't protect them for long when i invent my human-sized paper shredder to target and indiscriminately eliminate them.

In all seriousness, fuck em. And fuck the Catholic Church too. The prevention of sexual abuse just simply isn't a priority to many religious organizations. I mean, it's almost like it's not forbidden by the Bible or something...
07-12-2016, 02:23 AM
(27-11-2016 11:58 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  And how did I know it would be Pell before I even clicked the thread?

While I'd not be shocked at similar here in the U.S., there has been some house cleaning. My archdiocese faces a priest shortage partially due to the archbishop they sent in after the sex abuse scandals here became public, and he went through on a righteous warpath, getting rid of everyone involved in molestation or covering up molestation (as he should have). To even be involved in any programs where kids may be present, there's now a multi-part Safe Environment Training thing, which includes how to report if the clergy (or volunteers) are abusing children. And I believe it's also archdiocese policy to suspend a priest pending investigation by both law enforcement and the archdiocese to see if there's any substance to accusations.

As an aside, the 2002 John Jay College of Criminal Justice study the USCCB paid millions for. There's six straight pages in the section that talks about clergy abuse activities.

(As another aside, two times since becoming Catholic my "I don't like this guy"-dar has gone off. One was later arrested for sex abuse of a minor.)

Hi mate.

I have a simple question. My reason for it is this, my brain (after a huge infection this past week including an operation) is kind of clearing a bit. As such I wonder why a bright mind such as yours believes a certain mythology is non fiction?

Mate, why on earth are you religious? Catholic??? You know the history of the church, right?

You are too good to lay with dogs.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
09-12-2016, 04:41 PM
(07-12-2016 02:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(27-11-2016 11:58 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  And how did I know it would be Pell before I even clicked the thread?

While I'd not be shocked at similar here in the U.S., there has been some house cleaning. My archdiocese faces a priest shortage partially due to the archbishop they sent in after the sex abuse scandals here became public, and he went through on a righteous warpath, getting rid of everyone involved in molestation or covering up molestation (as he should have). To even be involved in any programs where kids may be present, there's now a multi-part Safe Environment Training thing, which includes how to report if the clergy (or volunteers) are abusing children. And I believe it's also archdiocese policy to suspend a priest pending investigation by both law enforcement and the archdiocese to see if there's any substance to accusations.

As an aside, the 2002 John Jay College of Criminal Justice study the USCCB paid millions for. There's six straight pages in the section that talks about clergy abuse activities.

(As another aside, two times since becoming Catholic my "I don't like this guy"-dar has gone off. One was later arrested for sex abuse of a minor.)

Hi mate.

I have a simple question. My reason for it is this, my brain (after a huge infection this past week including an operation) is kind of clearing a bit. As such I wonder why a bright mind such as yours believes a certain mythology is non fiction?

Mate, why on earth are you religious? Catholic??? You know the history of the church, right?

Hi Banjo,

Thanks for the compliment there. As for why...personal experiences (though I know that doesn't lend validity to others), faith (again not valid through the eyes of others), and because it just does for me. I started out as a Baptist, who was told to shut up and believe, and instead looked for the church that I felt best kept to the Scriptures. I still can't tell you jack crap about what American Baptists believe outside of needing to be Saved, that dancing and alcohol are bad, etc. But can Biblically discuss Catholic beliefs. The interesting thing there is, it still requires faith on my part, rather than exclusively the use of reason, even though I think God gave us a brain to use it. To an extent, since I transitioned from one type of Christian to another, I'm operating on a presuppositionalist position I guess. (Which when watching debates, drives me utterly mad.)

09-12-2016, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2016 05:24 PM by jennybee.)
(09-12-2016 04:41 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 02:23 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi mate.

Hi Banjo,

Thanks for the compliment there. As for why...personal experiences (though I know that doesn't lend validity to others), faith (again not valid through the eyes of others), and because it just does for me. I started out as a Baptist, who was told to shut up and believe, and instead looked for the church that I felt best kept to the Scriptures. I still can't tell you jack crap about what American Baptists believe outside of needing to be Saved, that dancing and alcohol are bad, etc. But can Biblically discuss Catholic beliefs. The interesting thing there is, it still requires faith on my part, rather than exclusively the use of reason, even though I think God gave us a brain to use it. To an extent, since I transitioned from one type of Christian to another, I'm operating on a presuppositionalist position I guess. (Which when watching debates, drives me utterly mad.)

I respect your right to believe as you wish--but like Banjo mentioned, you seem very smart and educated and a sweet person--I always thought you were an atheist until recently Tongue But I get the faith thing. I remember how it was when I was a believer.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
09-12-2016, 06:05 PM
(09-12-2016 04:59 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(09-12-2016 04:41 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Hi Banjo,

I respect your right to believe as you wish--but like Banjo mentioned, you seem very smart and educated and a sweet person--I always thought you were an atheist until recently Tongue But I get the faith thing. I remember how it was when I was a believer.
Thanks! Although, probably shouldn't ask, but why do people keep thinking I'm an atheist? (And what made you realize I wasn't?)