Catholic Church confirms atheists still go to hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Catholic Church confirms atheists still go to hell
In case you were not worried about going to hell, well, you should be.

Quote:Catholic Church confirms atheists still go to hell, after Pope Francis suggests they might go to heaven

Spokesman says people who choose not to enter the Church 'cannot be saved'

The Vatican has quickly clarified that atheists - they believe - are still going to hell, despite Pope Francis appearing to say non-believers could be saved through Christ if they do good.

Vatican spokesman Rev. Thomas Rosica said people who know about the Catholic church “cannot be saved” if they “refuse to enter her or remain in her.”

In an unprepared speech on Wednesday, the Pope emphasised the importance of “doing good,” for all people.

According to a report from Vatican radio, he explained how upset Jesus’ disciples were that someone outside their group was doing good.

He said: “They complain, ‘If he is not one of us, he cannot do good. If he is not of our party, he cannot do good’. And Jesus corrects them: 'Do not hinder him', he says, 'let him do good.'”

The disciples, he said, “were a little intolerant,” thinking that “those who do not have the truth, cannot do good.”

He said: “This was wrong . . . Jesus broadens the horizon. The root of this possibility of doing good – that we all have – is in creation.”

"The Lord created us in His image and likeness, and we are the image of the Lord, and He does good and all of us have this commandment at heart: do good and do not do evil. All of us."
Src: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...34479.html

UnsureConfusedSadcryfaceWeeping

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like KVron's post
28-05-2013, 01:01 PM
RE: Catholic Church confirms atheists still go to hell
(28-05-2013 12:37 PM)KVron Wrote:  In case you were not worried about going to hell, well, you should be.

Quote:Catholic Church confirms atheists still go to hell, after Pope Francis suggests they might go to heaven

The Vatican has quickly clarified that atheists - they believe - are still going to hell, despite Pope Francis appearing to say non-believers could be saved through Christ if they do good.

Vatican spokesman Rev. Thomas Rosica said people who know about the Catholic church “cannot be saved” if they “refuse to enter her or remain in her.”

In an unprepared speech on Wednesday, the Pope emphasised the importance of “doing good,” for all people.

According to a report from Vatican radio, he explained how upset Jesus’ disciples were that someone outside their group was doing good.

He said: “They complain, ‘If he is not one of us, he cannot do good. If he is not of our party, he cannot do good’. And Jesus corrects them: 'Do not hinder him', he says, 'let him do good.'”

The disciples, he said, “were a little intolerant,” thinking that “those who do not have the truth, cannot do good.”

He said: “This was wrong . . . Jesus broadens the horizon. The root of this possibility of doing good – that we all have – is in creation.”

"The Lord created us in His image and likeness, and we are the image of the Lord, and He does good and all of us have this commandment at heart: do good and do not do evil. All of us."

Well if the pedophile catholic priests are there I for one am glad not to be going.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Revenant77x's post
28-05-2013, 02:28 PM
(28-05-2013 12:37 PM)KVron Wrote:  In case you were not worried about going to hell, well, you should be.

LOL, the headline should read "The Infallible Pope Made a Mistake".

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
28-05-2013, 07:19 PM
"Vatican spokesman Rev. Thomas Rosica said people who know about the Catholic church “cannot be saved” if they “refuse to enter her or remain in her.”"

ARROGANT PRICK
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
28-05-2013, 07:23 PM
wheww. that's a relief. The Pope can go back to being infallible again.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
28-05-2013, 07:29 PM
What a waste of a baptism, first communion, and confirmation I turned out to be.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
28-05-2013, 07:29 PM
(28-05-2013 07:19 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "Vatican spokesman Rev. Thomas Rosica said people who know about the Catholic church “cannot be saved” if they “refuse to enter her or remain in her.”"

ARROGANT PRICK

ConsiderLaughat

That's just too funny!
28-05-2013, 07:36 PM
If I believed in hell, it wouldn't be an issue.

I'll still do "good works"

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

28-05-2013, 08:12 PM
(28-05-2013 07:19 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "Vatican spokesman Rev. Thomas Rosica said people who know about the Catholic church “cannot be saved” if they “refuse to enter her or remain in her.”"

ARROGANT PRICK

Does it still work if I enter her using protection?

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
[+] 2 users Like KeenIdiot's post
28-05-2013, 08:16 PM
I think they are going to regret voting him in.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man