Catholic Church confirms atheists still go to hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2013, 08:18 PM
RE: Catholic Church confirms atheists still go to hell
(28-05-2013 08:12 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 07:19 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "Vatican spokesman Rev. Thomas Rosica said people who know about the Catholic church “cannot be saved” if they “refuse to enter her or remain in her.”"

Does it still work if I enter her using protection?

No, silly, the church forbids protection!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cjs's post
28-05-2013, 08:31 PM
(28-05-2013 08:18 PM)cjs Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 08:12 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  Does it still work if I enter her using protection?

No, silly, the church forbids protection!

Pull out, I say. Tongue

Actually I may go try to find where that spokesman was quoted.
He's wrong, according to Roman Theology. I may just take a poke at him.
I posted this in another thread, about the same thing :

Wow, a Vatican spokesman that knows nothing of Roman Theology. A priest to boot. The requirements for mortal sin are 3.
Catechism of the Catholic Church :
#1857 For a sin to be mortal, three conditions must together be met: “Mortal sin is sin whose object is grave matter and which is also committed with full knowledge and deliberate consent.”
#1858 Grave matter is specified by the Ten Commandments, corresponding to the answer of Jesus to the rich young man: “Do not kill, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and your mother.” (Not a thing about belief.)
# 1859 Mortal sin requires full knowledge and complete consent. It presupposes knowledge of the sinful character of the act, of its opposition to God’s law. It also implies a consent sufficiently deliberate to be a personal choice. Feigned ignorance and hardness of heart do not diminish, but rather increase, the voluntary character of a sin. (1734)

Honest non-belief has never been historically, considered a grave matter. Obviously it's not "full knowledge" or "deliberate consent", if one honestly doubts, and in Moral Theology it's always been assumed that "full consent" is a matter between the person and their god alone, and no one else can judge.

Would be nice if they actually taught their priests and spokespeople a little about their cult.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-05-2013, 12:06 AM
Do all Catholics speak to the same God, or does he tell each of them different things just to mess with their heads?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
29-05-2013, 12:21 AM
(28-05-2013 07:19 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "Vatican spokesman Rev. Thomas Rosica said people who know about the Catholic church “cannot be saved” if they “refuse to enter her or remain in her.”"

ARROGANT PRICK

The solution is so obvious...
Destroy the Catholic church so nobody ever hears a single word about it and we all go to heaven and Satan loses.

Your welcome God.

Following their logic, they're single handedly making people go to hell by simply hearing about them.
What kind of church is this?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
29-05-2013, 12:22 AM
Oh sure. First they dangle the carrot then they hit with the stick. Wonder how many atheists they think they welcomed then quickly scolded.

Typical cult theatrics. This is getting super predictable.
29-05-2013, 12:32 AM
(29-05-2013 12:06 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Do all Catholics speak to the same God, or does he tell each of them different things just to mess with their heads?

Yep...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-05-2013, 12:59 AM
I can easily assert that after I die, I become infinitely powerful and an equal to any god.
Should there be a hell, I will destroy it.
Should there be a god, there will be a reckoning.

Therefore it's in your gods best interest that I be immortal on earth.
Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
29-05-2013, 02:06 AM
(28-05-2013 08:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 08:18 PM)cjs Wrote:  No, silly, the church forbids protection!

Pull out, I say. Tongue

Actually I may go try to find where that spokesman was quoted.
He's wrong, according to Roman Theology. I may just take a poke at him.
I posted this in another thread, about the same thing :

Wow, a Vatican spokesman that knows nothing of Roman Theology. A priest to boot. The requirements for mortal sin are 3.
Catechism of the Catholic Church :
#1857 For a sin to be mortal, three conditions must together be met: “Mortal sin is sin whose object is grave matter and which is also committed with full knowledge and deliberate consent.”
#1858 Grave matter is specified by the Ten Commandments, corresponding to the answer of Jesus to the rich young man: “Do not kill, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and your mother.” (Not a thing about belief.)
# 1859 Mortal sin requires full knowledge and complete consent. It presupposes knowledge of the sinful character of the act, of its opposition to God’s law. It also implies a consent sufficiently deliberate to be a personal choice. Feigned ignorance and hardness of heart do not diminish, but rather increase, the voluntary character of a sin. (1734)

Honest non-belief has never been historically, considered a grave matter. Obviously it's not "full knowledge" or "deliberate consent", if one honestly doubts, and in Moral Theology it's always been assumed that "full consent" is a matter between the person and their god alone, and no one else can judge.

Would be nice if they actually taught their priests and spokespeople a little about their cult.

When you're a bishop, cardinal or pope, you can just make theology up off the cuff. If ya get it wrong, one of your mates, also making it up, will correct you.
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
29-05-2013, 06:28 AM
Re: Catholic Church confirms atheists still go to hell
Wait her is who? A little boy right..?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-05-2013, 09:46 AM
um... so now what, are we supposed to be scared?? Hobo Evil_monsterRolleyes

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)