Catholic Church to train more Exorcists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2018, 08:26 PM
RE: Catholic Church to train more Exorcists
(06-03-2018 08:07 PM)Aractus Wrote:  
(06-03-2018 08:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  There may be some health benefits, but the risks are unacceptable as is the fact that it's a human rights violation.

Chas, you are not entitled to making up your own facts. The paper I linked to, literally the medical authority in America, states clearly that the benefits outweigh the risks.

That is their opinion. An unnecessary medical procedure is always immoral as it subjects one to unnecessary risk.
There are the rare cases where it is medically justifiable.

And it is a human rights violation.

Quote: If you want to have an intelligible debate you have to at least accept the scientific evidence. And if you want to have a different opinion the burden of proof is on you.

If you want to have an intelligible debate, you'll need to learn to read with comprehension. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2018, 04:02 AM
RE: Catholic Church to train more Exorcists
(06-03-2018 08:07 PM)Aractus Wrote:  
(06-03-2018 12:16 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Many people have been killed during exorcism especially in Africa.

Many people were killed in the Middle Ages as heretics too.

(06-03-2018 08:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  There may be some health benefits, but the risks are unacceptable as is the fact that it's a human rights violation.

Chas, you are not entitled to making up your own facts. The paper I linked to, literally the medical authority in America, states clearly that the benefits outweigh the risks. If you want to have an intelligible debate you have to at least accept the scientific evidence. And if you want to have a different opinion the burden of proof is on you.

(06-03-2018 04:03 PM)Impulse Wrote:  It's not a sacrament. There are only 7 in the Catholic Church: Baptism, Communion, Confession, Confirmation, Marriage, Anointing of the Sick, and Holy Orders. (Some of these may have slightly different names today - it's been over 30 years since I was involved with the church.)

I disagree. It is a sacrament (at least in Protestantism), but it's not practised by everyone. As for Catholicism, they recognise 7 sacraments as you've listed above, but also they practise exorcism in a VERY! different way to Protestants. And then there are several different ways it is practised across Protestant churches and denominations. At its core though it is a sacramental service.

Straw man if ever I saw one.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply