Catholic church, evolution, and lies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2017, 11:30 AM
RE: Catholic church, evolution, and lies
Surely you've all seen this ...

He's speaking with a Vatican priest.

I've had similar discussions with a few local priests so, yea ... they all know. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
11-03-2017, 12:16 PM
(11-03-2017 11:30 AM)kim Wrote:  Surely you've all seen this ...

I've had similar discussions with a few local priests so, yea ... they all know. Shy

I found that the weirdest part of that whole movie. Like, wasn't that guy embarrassed? He's standing there giggling like a fucking schoolboy with his hand in the cookie jar. He has *no* answers, just more giggles. If that was the representative of my religion I'd send in my resignation right then and there.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-03-2017, 12:20 PM
(10-03-2017 07:45 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 07:35 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Has there ever been a case of a high ranking catholic official, such as a cardinal, deconverting on his deathbed? Or at least admitting that his whole career was bullshit?

Because that would be hilarious.

Though I wouldn't put it past the church to cover something like that up.

I doubt it. All the lies and denial seem to only flow in one direction. And who is that man going to admit it to, there on his deathbed? A co-religionist? The buck stops right there!

Deathbed confessions are standard church propaganda - there's stories of Voltaire, even fucking Christopher Hitchens, allegedly repenting blah de fucken blah. Just more bullshit to feed the credulous. I'd ascribe no more credibility to a deathbed confession going the other way.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
11-03-2017, 07:10 PM
(11-03-2017 11:30 AM)kim Wrote:  Surely you've all seen this ...

> Yeah, they showed that segment right after Maher and his crew got the bum's rush out of The Vatican. Great video! I've got the DVD in my collection. Big Grin