Catholic lawsuit against HHS mandate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 04:36 AM
Catholic lawsuit against HHS mandate
http://www.catholicvote.org/?p=36924

Next thing you know, blood transfusions are no longer covered by health insurance plans because they conflict with the religious beliefs of Jehova's Witnesses. Rolleyes

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
30-01-2014, 05:11 AM
RE: Catholic lawsuit against HHS mandate
I too would have a bit of a problem with supporting legislation that goes against my beliefs.

But I would spend a little time questioning my beliefs and why I hold them and others do not.

Here's an ethicsy question...

If you worked for this guy and he announced that he is anti-choice, and you were pro-choice... would you quit your job?

30-01-2014, 05:15 AM
(30-01-2014 05:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  If you worked for this guy and he announced that he is anti-choice, and you were pro-choice... would you quit your job?
No, why would I want to do that?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
30-01-2014, 12:42 PM
So as an employer, I feel that I should not have the right to impose my beliefs on anyone. Which means, I must give choices, regardless if I agree with those choices they (my employee) may make.

I personally do not agree that the Duggers (or anyone for that matter) should have 19 children. Yet, if I employed Mr. Dugger, I would be obligated to provide him with a family plan that accommodated all of his children..which would increase MY premiums.

Don't like birth control? I can appreciate that. But those are not your decisions.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
31-01-2014, 12:18 AM
(30-01-2014 05:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Here's an ethicsy question...

If you worked for this guy and he announced that he is anti-choice, and you were pro-choice... would you quit your job?

No. I would also not quit my job if he announced he likes pineapple on his pizza, which as we all know, is of the devil.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 2 users Like toadaly's post
31-01-2014, 01:53 AM
I wholeheartedly believe that my healthcare needs and choices are not my employers' business? What will this guy ( in the video) want next--a report of all his employees medical business, the right to fire an employee for going to a secular hospital?

We certainly did not have a personal ethics / beliefs chat during my last interview. And, if my respective employer required one, it would be called discrimination if he chose not to hire me based on our personal ethics / beliefs chat; and, if he didn't agree with my ethics--no job. WTF!

If my current employer knew I was atheist at the time of the interview, I would not have a job. And, at 60, it isn't easy finding work.

I think the Obama administration fully understood the ethical issues involved when the new health care laws were put into action.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
31-01-2014, 05:44 AM
Mam. these religitards never stop. do they? Angry

Business should be about making money....... period ! Drinking Beverage
31-01-2014, 11:15 AM
I don't understand how this goes against anyone beliefs.

It's not like they are being forced to give women birth control; they are forced to offer coverage that offers birth control. It is up to the individual women whether or not to take advantage of it. All they are being forced to do is give women a way to obtain birth control, and guess what: they're already doing that. They're totally giving them money right now, that women could choose to use, or not use to buy birth control.

The argument is stupid.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
31-01-2014, 11:30 AM
On a practical basis, this is so hypocritical...many details are not even obvious to those outside any given system. For example, these big religiously affiliated systems have offices, and surgical suites that charge for all sorts of "nebulous" items. For example, it's entirely possible a nun could be prescribed the exact same hormones that are in birth control, for other reasons. It's possible she could have a Dilatation and Curettage, (which is how some abortions are done), for other reasons. Medicine is not "black and white". All theses systems take Medicare and Medicaid money, which is a POOL of money which comes in and goes out from taxpayers, and many "tainted" sources. The idea, that anyone involved in a huge program, (CMS and MA) can "wall themselves off" from "tainted" funds is a total myth. If they really wanted to be "pristine" they would have to drop out of the entire country, and move to a desert island. Ain't gonna happen.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
31-01-2014, 11:39 AM
What really annoys me, is that the Catholic church believes that birth control pills are only prescribed for birth control.

I took them for a few years because my hormones were out of whack.

What really pisses me off is that my own husband seems to have forgotten about that and how grateful he was at the time.

Dumbass. Weeping

I don't know how to tell you all just how crazy this life feels
Look around for the friends that I used to turn to to pull me through
Looking into their eyes I see them running too -- Running on Empty; Jackson Browne

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post