Catholic priests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Catholic priests
Is it that people who become priests develop some strange fixation on sexual acts with boys, or do people with that affliction feel attracted to the priesthood and why?

There must be some explanation for this happening specifically in the catholic church.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
14-07-2014, 09:14 AM
RE: Catholic priests
Because of the unnatural celibacy crap. Humans aren't supposed to be celibate.

Sex is one of the 4 basic functions that humans need for survival. The other 3 are: food, water, and oxygen.

Why little boys, though?

Hmmm. I would say it has something to with humans tendency to go to extremes when they are denied something they want. When they finally find an outlet, the most extreme and often taboo solution happens.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
14-07-2014, 09:15 AM
(14-07-2014 09:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  Is it that people who become priests develop some strange fixation on sexual acts with boys, or do people with that affliction feel attracted to the priesthood and why?

There must be some explanation for this happening specifically in the catholic church.

It's not. Out of the cases of molestation over the last year most were not catholic.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/09/ky...no&oswrr=1

That happens all too frequently. The problem with the catholics is not "All their priests be molesting" (it is actually like 2% so lower than the rest of society) but in how they handled it, with cover-ups and moving the predators so they could continue.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 9 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Based on what I witnessed as a Catholic as well as a Catholic school student I have a couple thoughts on this.

First off, boys can't get pregnant. So there's that.

Looking back I don't recall times or situations where the priests spent much time with just girls. There wasn't an activity or anything that set up that scenario. But many of the boys were altar boys and that was a male only thing. So there you have opportunity.

Added to that is the teaching that you simply do not question a priest or nun. As kids we were expected to blindly follow and clergy was supposedly above reproach.

So, you have the boys spending time alone with the priests as well as the blind obedience. As to sexual preference, I am not sure. I know of a couple priests/brothers that left the order and married ex-nuns. But literally only one or two.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
14-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Have you heard about Greek monks? There have been many scandals and many of them included young boys.

Other scandals usually involved homosexual acts in both male-only and female-only monasteries.

Which brings me to my point. I think many people turn to God because they feel that their sexual preferences are sinful. They think that by leading a celibate life dedicated to prayer, they will be "healed".

So, places full of homosexual men or men with a preference for young boys (adding to Anjele's point about altar boys and the church usually being a male only thing) can't stay celibate for long.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 4 users Like undergroundp's post
14-07-2014, 05:16 PM
I really think Anjele's point about boys being unable to get pregnant is very pertinent here.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
14-07-2014, 06:47 PM
I haven't read the entire John Jay College report :
http://www.jjay.cuny.edu/churchstudy/main.asp
but I don't think it's the "celibacy" issue. The fact is many if not most priests are not really celibate. More than 50 %+ from my personal experience, from the ones I was aware of. (Yet the very same week they had the balls to get up in the pulpit and rant about other things ... amazing ability to compartmentalize). They have many possible outlets, if they really wanted to find them. But it's a complicated issue. I think at the time they entered the seminary, most of them had not really a "formed" idea in their heads what they were, or what their orientation was. All they knew was they were "different" and the priesthood was one of the only respectable alternatives they had. Now "sexual orientation" is widely discussed, but it was almost NEVER discussed, until relatively very recently. So they were safe in the church.

I don't know much about the subject, but it seems they're unable to form meaningful relationships with adults. What I really can't understand, is the lack of "parental instinct" normal adults have for kids. Besides the crossed wires of what they apparently "imprinted on" (for their sexual objects), what's weird to me is the total lack of a "nurturing instinct". I guess that's the most interesting "weirdness" about it. How is THAT missing ? That's what I think is REALLY strange.

My cousins up in Minnesnowta sent me this today.
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/collect...ic-church/
Seems to be widening, and now involves Louisiana too.

On a lighter note, the spolied brats up there are headed to the All Star Game tomorrow night. So of course they had to rub THAT in. They were going to the Home Run Derby, but it was raining, so they gave away their tickets for tonight. I'm a leetle bit jealous. Well, maybe a lot.

bastards Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-07-2014, 07:28 PM
I don't think celibacy is the issue either. I thought pedophilia was more of a sexual preference (like being straight, homosexual, bisexual, asexual etc). Not saying it is an acceptable preference, just how some brains are wired.

I think it seems rampant in the Catholic Church because when a case is discovered, you're going to see it on the news. These are people held to a high standard by their community, and it's shocking to learn of something like this, so you're going to hear about those cases more often than others. Also add to that the church's cover up and protection of offenders, and you've got what seems like an entire organization involved.

Not giving the church any breaks, just adding my two cents.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
14-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Just popping my head here for one tiny post...

(14-07-2014 09:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Because of the unnatural celibacy crap. Humans aren't supposed to be celibate.

Sex is one of the 4 basic functions that humans need for survival. The other 3 are: food, water, and oxygen.

I suspect that some asexuals would disagree with your assessment, KC.
Aaand I'm outta here. Don't want to get too deraily.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Quote:The fact is many if not most priests are not really celibate.

Which reminds me of....

One fine day in Ireland, a guy is out golfing and gets up to the 16th hole. He tees up and cranks one. Unfortunately, it goes into the woods on the side of the fairway.

He goes looking for his ball and comes across this little guy with this huge knot on his head, and the golfball lying right beside him.
"Goodness," says the golfer, and proceeds to revive the poor little guy.

Upon awaking, the little guy says, "Well, you caught me fair and square. I am a leprechaun. I will grant you three wishes."
The man says "I can't take anything from you, I'm just glad I didn't hurt you too badly," and walks away.

Watching the golfer depart, the leprechaun says "Well, he was a nice enough guy, and he did catch me, so I have to do somethingfor him. I'll give him the three things that I would want. I'll give him unlimited money, a great golf game, and a great sex life."

Well, a year goes past (as they often do in jokes like this) and the same golfer is out golfing on the same course at the 16th hole. He gets up and hits one into the same woods and goes off looking for his ball. When he finds the ball he sees the same little guy and asks how he is doing.

The leprechaun says, "I'm fine, and might I ask how your golf game is?"
The golfer says, "It's great! I hit under par every time."
The leprechaun says, "I did that for you. And might I ask how your money is holding out?"
The golfer says, "Well, now that you mention it, every time I put my hand in my pocket, I pull out a hundred dollar bill."

The leprechaun smiles and says, "I did that for you. And might I ask how your sex life is?"
The golfer looks at him a little shyly and says, "Well, maybe once or twice a week."
The leprechaun is floored and stammers, "Once or twice a week?"
The golfer looks at him and says, "Well, that's not too bad for a Catholic priest in a small parish."

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post