Catholic priests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2014, 08:02 PM
RE: Catholic priests
(14-07-2014 07:57 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:The fact is many if not most priests are not really celibate.

Which reminds me of....

One fine day in Ireland, a guy is out golfing and gets up to the 16th hole. He tees up and cranks one. Unfortunately, it goes into the woods on the side of the fairway.

He goes looking for his ball and comes across this little guy with this huge knot on his head, and the golfball lying right beside him.
"Goodness," says the golfer, and proceeds to revive the poor little guy.

Upon awaking, the little guy says, "Well, you caught me fair and square. I am a leprechaun. I will grant you three wishes."
The man says "I can't take anything from you, I'm just glad I didn't hurt you too badly," and walks away.

Watching the golfer depart, the leprechaun says "Well, he was a nice enough guy, and he did catch me, so I have to do somethingfor him. I'll give him the three things that I would want. I'll give him unlimited money, a great golf game, and a great sex life."

Well, a year goes past (as they often do in jokes like this) and the same golfer is out golfing on the same course at the 16th hole. He gets up and hits one into the same woods and goes off looking for his ball. When he finds the ball he sees the same little guy and asks how he is doing.

The leprechaun says, "I'm fine, and might I ask how your golf game is?"
The golfer says, "It's great! I hit under par every time."
The leprechaun says, "I did that for you. And might I ask how your money is holding out?"
The golfer says, "Well, now that you mention it, every time I put my hand in my pocket, I pull out a hundred dollar bill."

The leprechaun smiles and says, "I did that for you. And might I ask how your sex life is?"
The golfer looks at him a little shyly and says, "Well, maybe once or twice a week."
The leprechaun is floored and stammers, "Once or twice a week?"
The golfer looks at him and says, "Well, that's not too bad for a Catholic priest in a small parish."

groan Weeping

Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2014, 08:54 PM
(14-07-2014 07:46 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Just popping my head here for one tiny post...

(14-07-2014 09:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Because of the unnatural celibacy crap. Humans aren't supposed to be celibate.

Sex is one of the 4 basic functions that humans need for survival. The other 3 are: food, water, and oxygen.

I suspect that some asexuals would disagree with your assessment, KC.
Aaand I'm outta here. Don't want to get too deraily.

I said "human survival".

Remove F+M sex or any other way that simulates sexual reproduction and humanity disappears in 100 or so years.

They can disagree with me all they want to... doesn't mean they're right. This is empirical evidence... objective science.

Human survival requires 4 things: food, water, oxygen, and sex (F+M)
Humans require 3 things to live: food, water, and oxygen

Do be gracious in your defeat.

Aaand I'm outta here.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
14-07-2014, 09:12 PM
(14-07-2014 08:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 07:46 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Just popping my head here for one tiny post...

I said "human survival".

Remove F+M sex or any other way that simulates sexual reproduction and humanity disappears in 100 or so years.

They can disagree with me all they want to... doesn't mean they're right. This is empirical evidence... objective science.

Aaand I'm outta here.

Drinking Beverage

And if everyone was a coal miner we would all starve since no one would grow the food or buy our coal.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-07-2014, 09:15 PM
(14-07-2014 09:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 08:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I said "human survival".

Aaand I'm outta here.

Drinking Beverage

And if everyone was a coal miner we would all starve since no one would grow the food or buy our coal.

Not if they had two jobs. Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-07-2014, 09:47 PM

I said "human survival".

Aaand I'm outta here.

Drinking Beverage

Right, honest mistake then; I read "humans need for survival" as referring to individuals living initially, hence the comment.

I will concede, but I refuse to be gracious about it.
As such; Banana_zorro

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-07-2014, 12:01 AM
(14-07-2014 09:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  Is it that people who become priests develop some strange fixation on sexual acts with boys, or do people with that affliction feel attracted to the priesthood and why?

There must be some explanation for this happening specifically in the catholic church.
I think pedophiles have been attracted to the priesthood because:
1) It provides a chance to interact 1 on 1 with kids.
2) The elevated position of the clergy makes it easy to get away with it.

Of course the clergy ain't so elevated anymore. It will be interesting to see if priest molestation cases drop off in the future, because the priesthood's image is damaged beyond repair in the eyes of the public; and pedophiles know they can't hide behind the clerics anymore.
[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post
15-07-2014, 12:04 AM
(14-07-2014 09:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Because of the unnatural celibacy crap. Humans aren't supposed to be celibate.

Sex is one of the 4 basic functions that humans need for survival. The other 3 are: food, water, and oxygen.

Why little boys, though?

Hmmm. I would say it has something to with humans tendency to go to extremes when they are denied something they want. When they finally find an outlet, the most extreme and often taboo solution happens.

I totally agree. Also, in the Catholic church boys are easily available--alter boy.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
15-07-2014, 05:43 AM
(15-07-2014 12:04 AM)Dee Wrote:  

Why little boys, though?

Hmmm. I would say it has something to with humans tendency to go to extremes when they are denied something they want. When they finally find an outlet, the most extreme and often taboo solution happens.

I totally agree. Also, in the Catholic church boys are easily available--alter boy.

Not so much anymore. In the Catholic church that I was attending over the last few years, the vast majority of the "altar boys" were girls. My understanding is that this is a general trend. It's one of the things that our friends over at Suscipe Domine like to get all upset about.
15-07-2014, 06:25 AM

I said "human survival".

Aaand I'm outta here.

Drinking Beverage

At this point in history, human survival depends on a reduction of procreation. We are hopelessly overpopulated, multiply like rats and destroy everything our offspring will need for survival.

Hence societal evolution has increasingly been favoring non-reproductive sex and also non-sex. I wouldn't worry about the human race disappearing because of that, quite the opposite. There will always be plenty of people reproducing. Just maybe there won't be such a huge surplus.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
16-07-2014, 07:39 AM
(14-07-2014 09:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 08:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I said "human survival".

Aaand I'm outta here.

Drinking Beverage

Right, honest mistake then; I read "humans need for survival" as referring to individuals living initially, hence the comment.

I will concede, but I refuse to be gracious about it.
As such; Banana_zorro

I shall dance too.

[Image: Gif_Thriller_dance_by_MyWorldland.gif]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]