Catholic priests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2014, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2014 03:24 AM by Filox.)
RE: Catholic priests
(14-07-2014 04:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Based on what I witnessed as a Catholic as well as a Catholic school student I have a couple thoughts on this.

First off, boys can't get pregnant. So there's that.

Looking back I don't recall times or situations where the priests spent much time with just girls. There wasn't an activity or anything that set up that scenario. But many of the boys were altar boys and that was a male only thing. So there you have opportunity.

Added to that is the teaching that you simply do not question a priest or nun. As kids we were expected to blindly follow and clergy was supposedly above reproach.

So, you have the boys spending time alone with the priests as well as the blind obedience. As to sexual preference, I am not sure. I know of a couple priests/brothers that left the order and married ex-nuns. But literally only one or two.

C'mon, seriously? Being around little boys does not make a man into a pedophile. Being around someone that can't get pregnant does not change a man's sexual preferences. Every priest already has developed his own sexual preference until the time he becomes a priest. Only those of them who are pedophiles AND gay will molest little boys. I thought this kind of thinking is normal and logical, I am surprised that people actually think the opposite way.

No straight man who is not a pedophile will molest little boys. Why would he? Normal people are disgusted by the act and being around little boys will not change that. Just to make it clear, every normal gay man will also be disgusted by the pedophile act. ONLY gay pedophiles will molest little boys. The rest are either straight, or gay, but they do not like kids.

It is just like saying that most of the kindergarten male teachers have a tendency to become gay molesting pedophiles, just because they hang out around kids whole day. WTF?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2014, 06:05 AM
(17-07-2014 03:16 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 04:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Based on what I witnessed as a Catholic as well as a Catholic school student I have a couple thoughts on this.

First off, boys can't get pregnant. So there's that.

Looking back I don't recall times or situations where the priests spent much time with just girls. There wasn't an activity or anything that set up that scenario. But many of the boys were altar boys and that was a male only thing. So there you have opportunity.

Added to that is the teaching that you simply do not question a priest or nun. As kids we were expected to blindly follow and clergy was supposedly above reproach.

So, you have the boys spending time alone with the priests as well as the blind obedience. As to sexual preference, I am not sure. I know of a couple priests/brothers that left the order and married ex-nuns. But literally only one or two.

C'mon, seriously? Being around little boys does not make a man into a pedophile. Being around someone that can't get pregnant does not change a man's sexual preferences. Every priest already has developed his own sexual preference until the time he becomes a priest. Only those of them who are pedophiles AND gay will molest little boys. I thought this kind of thinking is normal and logical, I am surprised that people actually think the opposite way.

No straight man who is not a pedophile will molest little boys. Why would he? Normal people are disgusted by the act and being around little boys will not change that. Just to make it clear, every normal gay man will also be disgusted by the pedophile act. ONLY gay pedophiles will molest little boys. The rest are either straight, or gay, but they do not like kids.

It is just like saying that most of the kindergarten male teachers have a tendency to become gay molesting pedophiles, just because they hang out around kids whole day. WTF?

I don't know, when I was in boarding school I had sex with girls exclusively. I'm straight though, it was just because they were there and we were all horny. A matter of availability.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-07-2014, 08:58 AM
(17-07-2014 06:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(17-07-2014 03:16 AM)Filox Wrote:  C'mon, seriously? Being around little boys does not make a man into a pedophile. Being around someone that can't get pregnant does not change a man's sexual preferences. Every priest already has developed his own sexual preference until the time he becomes a priest. Only those of them who are pedophiles AND gay will molest little boys. I thought this kind of thinking is normal and logical, I am surprised that people actually think the opposite way.

I don't know, when I was in boarding school I had sex with girls exclusively. I'm straight though, it was just because they were there and we were all horny. A matter of availability.

I've heard the same argument with regard to (presumably heterosexual) men in prison raping other men. Availability and all that. But I have to say I find that argument hard to accept. If I'm horny and there are no women around (or none that are willing to have sex with me), my option is to masturbate. It would never occur to me to have sex with another man, and certainly not with a child. Even if I'm in a prison or a boarding school, or constantly surrounded by children. Those just aren't "live options" for me. It seems to me that you would have to be at least a little bit bisexual to go that way.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
17-07-2014, 09:10 AM
(17-07-2014 08:58 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(17-07-2014 06:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  I don't know, when I was in boarding school I had sex with girls exclusively. I'm straight though, it was just because they were there and we were all horny. A matter of availability.

I've heard the same argument with regard to (presumably heterosexual) men in prison raping other men. Availability and all that. But I have to say I find that argument hard to accept. If I'm horny and there are no women around (or none that are willing to have sex with me), my option is to masturbate. It would never occur to me to have sex with another man, and certainly not with a child. Even if I'm in a prison or a boarding school, or constantly surrounded by children. Those just aren't "live options" for me. It seems to me that you would have to be at least a little bit bisexual to go that way.

You haven't been in a situation though where all you saw for years ever was same sex people, have you? You might surprise yourself.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-07-2014, 09:20 AM
(17-07-2014 09:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(17-07-2014 08:58 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I've heard the same argument with regard to (presumably heterosexual) men in prison raping other men. Availability and all that. But I have to say I find that argument hard to accept. If I'm horny and there are no women around (or none that are willing to have sex with me), my option is to masturbate. It would never occur to me to have sex with another man, and certainly not with a child. Even if I'm in a prison or a boarding school, or constantly surrounded by children. Those just aren't "live options" for me. It seems to me that you would have to be at least a little bit bisexual to go that way.

You haven't been in a situation though where all you saw for years ever was same sex people, have you? You might surprise yourself.

No, but I have been in situations where I had no opportunity for sex with women for years at a time. I saw women, but they were absolutely unavailable to me. So I masturbated. The other options never even occurred to me. Maybe it's not the same thing. I can't deny that the prison thing happens, whether or not I understand it.
17-07-2014, 09:33 AM
(17-07-2014 09:20 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(17-07-2014 09:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  You haven't been in a situation though where all you saw for years ever was same sex people, have you? You might surprise yourself.

No, but I have been in situations where I had no opportunity for sex with women for years at a time. I saw women, but they were absolutely unavailable to me. So I masturbated. The other options never even occurred to me. Maybe it's not the same thing. I can't deny that the prison thing happens, whether or not I understand it.

It's not the same thing. When you never see the sex of your choice, you start projecting it onto who you do see. You focus on parts that evoke the picture of what you want to see. Especially in the first half of your life, when hormones still rule.

17-07-2014, 04:14 PM
(17-07-2014 03:16 AM)Filox Wrote:  C'mon, seriously? Being around little boys does not make a man into a pedophile. Being around someone that can't get pregnant does not change a man's sexual preferences. Every priest already has developed his own sexual preference until the time he becomes a priest. Only those of them who are pedophiles AND gay will molest little boys. I thought this kind of thinking is normal and logical, I am surprised that people actually think the opposite way.

Pedophilia, when acted upon, is rape. Rape is not sex and therefore it is not necessarily about hetero- vs. homosexuality. Rape is about power and domination with sexual gratification as a bonus. People with that kind of psychotic need for power don't necessarily care about who they are raping. Kids are easily dominated and easily scared into keeping quiet. That's why many of these perverts rape kids instead of adults. Many don't care whether they dominate males or females necessarily and for the ones that do, but only have opportunity with their non-preferred gender, many will take what they can get. For that reason, it's logical that opportunity is a factor with Catholic priests in terms of explaining why the victims tend to be boys.

I do agree that opportunity and inability for boys to become pregnant don't cause a priest to become a pedophile. I tend to believe that most Catholic priest pedophiles went into the priesthood specifically for that reason. It may have been specifically to rape children in an environment where it was easy and they could get away with it or it may have been a recognition of a problem they couldn't control and they were hoping turning to religion would help, but it didn't. Either way, they were likely pedophiles before entering the priesthood.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
17-07-2014, 06:54 PM
(17-07-2014 04:14 PM)Impulse Wrote:  

Pedophilia, when acted upon, is rape. Rape is not sex and therefore it is not necessarily about hetero- vs. homosexuality. Rape is about power and domination with sexual gratification as a bonus. People with that kind of psychotic need for power don't necessarily care about who they are raping. Kids are easily dominated and easily scared into keeping quiet. That's why many of these perverts rape kids instead of adults. Many don't care whether they dominate males or females necessarily and for the ones that do, but only have opportunity with their non-preferred gender, many will take what they can get. For that reason, it's logical that opportunity is a factor with Catholic priests in terms of explaining why the victims tend to be boys.

I do agree that opportunity and inability for boys to become pregnant don't cause a priest to become a pedophile. I tend to believe that most Catholic priest pedophiles went into the priesthood specifically for that reason. It may have been specifically to rape children in an environment where it was easy and they could get away with it or it may have been a recognition of a problem they couldn't control and they were hoping turning to religion would help, but it didn't. Either way, they were likely pedophiles before entering the priesthood.

Yep, from what little I learned about pedophiles in a psychology class was that it's more about the thrill of sexually violating someone prepubescent that does not have a real ability to give consent. I've done a bit of research on the subject as well, homosexuality doesn't factor in at all. Many straight men who are pedophiles will go after boys or girls.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
17-07-2014, 07:43 PM
(14-07-2014 09:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Because of the unnatural celibacy crap. Humans aren't supposed to be celibate.

Sex is one of the 4 basic functions that humans need for survival. The other 3 are: food, water, and oxygen.

Why little boys, though?

Hmmm. I would say it has something to with humans tendency to go to extremes when they are denied something they want. When they finally find an outlet, the most extreme and often taboo solution happens.
Your basic Calvinistic beliefs seem to flow from Yahweh's extreme teaching, as literally held by some. I wonder how you reconcile your "saved" status, relevant to the horrendous acts carried out by some . Paedophiles are a good example of this.

I see your thoughts on the "tendency to go to extremes" as correct. Some people need satiation of their feelings more and more, leading to massive social problems in many areas.
17-07-2014, 08:19 PM
So there's a rumor Francis is considering changing the celibacy rule .
http://www.smh.com.au/national/pope-lean...zt6rq.html
He IS the Anti-Christ. That I know for sure now. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post