Catholic question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2013, 05:27 PM
RE: Catholic question
Check this one out:

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2013, 08:02 PM
(15-01-2013 05:27 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  Check this one out:

Wow that gave me chills.

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

15-01-2013, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 11:08 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(15-01-2013 04:27 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  They still exist because:

1. They have a pretty building
2. They talk funny
3. They had almost total ownership of all the leaders of all the countries of Europe for nearly 2,000 years
3a. None of the leaders wanted to defy the church because that causes wars and insurrection; easier to just play along
4. Most of all, momentum - it's easier to keep doing what we're doing than to try something new and scary

5. The Pope's EPIC hat!

Tongue

:EDIT:

Almost forgot #6!

6. POPEMOBILE!

[Image: tumblr_ln2q7nOX9c1qdi4fco1_500.jpg]

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-01-2013, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 11:15 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Catholics are SO fucking neurotic, and guilt ridden. They need psychiatrists. Weeping
If you look down the list of topics on Catholic Answers, it's mind-boggling how utterly sick with guilt they are, and to the extent their brain washing extends. It's unimaginable living that way..

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-01-2013, 12:38 AM
How can you, now a'days anyway, with science and technology and EVERYTHING we know...still stick with barbaric religious traditions of any kind. I'll never understand.

The Out Crowd.
16-01-2013, 02:57 AM
(15-01-2013 04:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-01-2013 04:27 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  They still exist because:

1. They have a pretty building
2. They talk funny
3. They had almost total ownership of all the leaders of all the countries of Europe for nearly 2,000 years
3a. None of the leaders wanted to defy the church because that causes wars and insurrection; easier to just play along
4. Most of all, momentum - it's easier to keep doing what we're doing than to try something new and scary

The depth, breadth, and enormity of the paedophile scandal should have destroyed the church as a viable organization. Maybe it is happening in dramatic slo-mo.

Yes, it's slow motion. That scandal is relatively recent, in terms of widespread knowledge of it compared to the lifespan of the church. The scandal is recent, even if the activity is not. But the church hides it from its members. Nobody gets to know. Hush hush. The members swallow that hook, line, and sinker - I doubt that very few members, percentage-wise, have abandoned their faith over it.

But the rest of the (modern) world has heard all about it. That is going to impact recruitment numbers. Less new blood coming in means growth of the church is slowing down.

But they still have births to existing members. And deaths of existing members. And attrition for any number of reasons. Their growth has been mostly stagnant for some time, but with the scandals cutting into their recruitment, that growth may be worse now than ever before.

That may lead to the death of the church, but only slowly. Ever so slowly.

Meanwhile they are doing something, even if it's not enough, to curb the activity. My expectation is that the church will eliminate the pedophilia (well, at least down to statistical societal norms) before it dies. Then time will go on and human memory being what it is, we'll mostly forget about it, and the church will begin recovery.

Unless other influences, such as education and reasoning, become more pervasive and put the final nail in that church's coffin as well as all the rest.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post