Catholics Have Ceased Going to Confession

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Catholics Have Ceased Going to Confession
"Researching a book on confession these past two years, I have found it difficult to ascertain reliable figures. Questionnaires on religious practice in the UK and Europe no longer even itemise the rate of attendance. In the United States, the 2008 census by the Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (Cara), revealed that only 2 per cent of Catholics confess regularly. Anecdotal evidence for Ireland and the UK suggests a massive decline since the 1960s, and yet a mixed current picture is emerging. "

http://www.thetablet.co.uk/article/163100
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
17-08-2012, 10:03 PM
RE: Catholics Have Ceased Going to Confession
This just reminded me of the times I went to confession. Weird. One time I induced some euphoric feelings after from praying, that was kind of a fun high. It was during the rosary. I think it may have been lack of oxygen trying to get through it faster, ha ha. I chased the first high for awhile but never got it again. Darn. Probably for the better though.

Another time I remember lying to my mom walking on the way back to the car from the church and I felt soooo guilty, but it was for her own good. What a cruel world.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post