Catholics robbing people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2012, 03:51 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 05:02 AM by Filox.)
Catholics robbing people
I bring you news from Croatia, because there is no way that you would ever hear them, if it wasn't for me...

Smartass

First some basic background. Usually, priests do not take any money for the services as The Holly Communion. You give them something in an envelope, as a gift, but nobody will ask you the money directly. Well, almost no one. I bring you the list of prices one "priest" from Croatia is giving to the children that are preparing to receive The Holly Communion.

- who hasn't attended Religious Education in the last year must pay 250 kunas (1 kuna - a Croatian currency, 1 US$ = 5.5 Croatian Kunas) if they want to receive The Holly Communion (THC in the rest of the text... HC actualy... Angel )
- Religious Education fee is 100 kunas
- questions for HC are 10 kunas for those who have a cell phone, those who don't, pay nothing
- every time you skip on Religious Education class without excuse you pay 10 kunas
- every time you skip the Holly Mass you pay 20 kunas
- if you don't answer the HC questions until the date provided by the priest, you pay 10 kunas for every day that passes
- if you do not bring the confirmation for your godfather/godmother, you pay 10 kunas for every day you are late
- godfathers/godmothers must give a gift to the church
- an application for the HC must be sent until the date chosen by the priest, for every day you are late, you pay 10 kunas
- whoever has a brother or a sister in school (high or elementary), they must also attend the Religious Education, or else you can't get the HC (WHAT!?!)
- a man (boy) who shaves his head during the year, can not get HC
- who does not attend the holly mass on Christian important holidays in his church, must pay 50 kunas
- who smokes can not get HC
- who drinks (alcohol) can not get HC
- man can not be a godfather to a woman (girl)
- woman can not be a godmother to a man (boy)

There are more things like "a girl can have only one ring and one bracelet on her hands", no short skirts, no bubblegums on holly mass, no cell phones on holly mass, man do not wear earrings, someone from highschool can not a godfather to someone else from highschool...

My God, this is all so horrible... Why the hell would anyone want to go to HC after this??

Shocking

EDIT:
*A small disclaimer, the original post is about chrism (confirmation), not holly communion, it was my mistake, I have translated it wrong.*

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2012, 04:17 AM
RE: Catholics robbing people
(29-03-2012 03:51 AM)Filox Wrote:  - man can not be a godfather to a woman (girl)
- woman can not be a godmother to a man (boy)

So weird... I live in a catholic country and every child as a godfather and a godmother. By these rules no one could ever have communion...

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
29-03-2012, 05:02 AM
Ah, yes, but this is the Holly Communion godfather/godmother, it is not the same one that was present at the persons Baptism. It does not make this any less retarded.

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
29-03-2012, 06:13 AM
I can guarantee you that someone higher up is more then aware of this and doesn't lift a finger. After all wouldn't you grow in god if you were willing to give up materiel wealth for spiritual wealth?

Of course most of us know how much bullshit this is.....
29-03-2012, 06:23 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 06:26 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-03-2012 03:51 AM)Filox Wrote:  I bring you news from Croatia, because there is no way that you would ever hear them, if it wasn't for me...
My God, this is all so horrible... Why the hell would anyone want to go to HC after this??
Shocking

MY question is : why would anyone want to go to hc BEFORE all that ? Tongue
Do they care what you're smoking, before hc ?
Actually "transubstatiation" was built in a pre biochemical age. Anyone ever done a hemaglobin count on the hc ? Give me a break.
What is "substance" anyway .. othere than woo woo ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
29-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Those rules are a great way to keep people out of church and safe from brainwashing!
[+] 2 users Like Noelani's post
29-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Why not just not be Catholic?
Walk away.....
Will they fine you for that?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
29-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Don't know if that's still true, I haven't lived there in decades, but in Germany catholics have to pay a "church tax".

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
29-03-2012, 11:44 PM
As a Catholic I have to say What the fuck? Although I am well aware of certain priests do there own thing since they are often isolated. I actually know a priest ( the dude is awesome) who's job it is to go from church to church and make sure things are done properly. He pissed of one parish because he wouldn't let them use a glass chalice (the cup thingy). The chalice is supposed to be a precious, or at least imitation, metal of some sort, normally gold or silver. Has anyone informed the bishop.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
30-03-2012, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 05:01 AM by Filox.)
@ Dom: Interesting how only Catholics pay the church tax in Germany, while in Croatia everyone pays church tax, that is Catholic church tax, so even if you are a Muslim, you pay it. The state gives a lot of money every year only to Catholic church, because it is a huge majority, and all that money comes form tax payers, meaning all of us who pay taxes. Terrible, terrible...

As for the rest of the story, I was just reading the newspapers about it, the priests comment on the article was that he never took a single kuna from his "students", but he only put those regulations to educate them about the normal behaviour in church, on mass and on HC. Also, the kids have verified that they never payed anything, while all the parents have taken the priests and churches side, explaining that he is great and he never took anything for himself. Then they all say, very proudly, how he build the new church in their town, and how he uses all money on church, while wearing older clothes and driving 20 year old VW Golf.

So what those sheep do not understand that he did not build anything, the people build that church.

And since all of them are highly religious, it is all normal for them, nobody sees anything weird in all those regulations. If they like it, then enjoy I say.

Smile

EDIT:

A new article about this priest has just came up, one woman has told her story. When she was 9 years old, she was ready to receive her first Communion*.

*A small disclaimer, the original post is about chrism (confirmation), not holly communion, it was my mistake, I have translated it wrong.*

A year before the first communion, her parents got divorced and it was the mother that asked for the divorce. When the priest was reading the names (during the holly mass) of the kids that were going to receive the communion, he did not read her name. He did read the name with those that will not receive the holly communion, with the explanation that "She will not receive the Holly Communion because she comes from a broken marriage and her mother is a harlot". In front of the whole church and all her friends. She ran home, told that to her mother, mother was furious, grabbed her by the hand, took her to the church and as soon as she entered the church she started to yell at the priest, pulled his hear, slapped him across the face left the church and never again went back to that church, or ever again said "hello" to that priest on the street.

Horrible man, just horrible...

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post