Catholics vs. ...Doughnuts?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2014, 01:36 AM
Catholics vs. ...Doughnuts?
When this story hit the news, I was too socially withdrawn to care to bring it to the Forum. I'd since forgotten about it. However, I was reminded of it today, and knew I had to share.

In my town, there is a new doughnut shop that opened in one of the shopping centers. It's a '50s-pinup-themed joint called "Naughty Girls Donut Shop," and they make some of the best friggin' doughnuts I've ever had. (The things are huge and topped with all sorts of goodness that goes beyond the traditional topping of sprinkles) Of course, while the doughnuts are great, the really impressive part is that the entire business was conceived, constructed, and is managed by a 17-year-old girl. She gets up every day before school, gets to work on the doughnuts, then leaves it to her employees to run the place while she heads off to class. On the weekends, she can be seen slaving her ass off in the kitchen while she struggles to keep up with the customers who are literally pouring in. (On most days that I've been there, the line stretched out the door) Also employed are her siblings and her mother, and they've expressed nothing but pride in what this chick has tackled - and accomplished - at such a young age.

Elsewhere, just 60 seconds from my house, there stands a Catholic church. A church who's members are keen at getting their pious little noses into every-fucking-thing they have an issue with. So, what did they do when Naughty Girls began making headway in our little town? They boycotted them.

The accusations and insults have been many, but the reason for the uproar is that the place is called "Naughty Girls," and thus (to the diseased mind of a catholic) encourages immorality and fornication, and is unfit for our community. Some even accused this girl of choosing such a name for her establishment because "She just wants to bring in male customers."* (Because, as everyone knows, the easiest way to get laid is to acquire a business license, purchase a building, then spend every waking hour kneading dough in a hot kitchen before studying your ass off in school; only to wake up the next day and do it all over again)

And hey, why not? It's common knowledge that when a man says "I'm gonna get me a big, fluffy doughnut topped with candy corn and gumdrops," what he really means is "I'm gonna bust me some nuts." Dodgy

Seriously though, this chick has gotten a huge backlash over what is ultimately her pursuing her dream of baking awesome deserts for everyone to enjoy, and it's all because of these feeble-minded, bigoted, holier-than-thou deludites at the Church. But, there is an upside. It turns out that there's no such thing as bad publicity, and everyone who's not the local church has rallied to support her. In fact, just the other day, she had to close early because demand had spiked so high and she was out of the required resources. Even I went out of my way to stop in and grab myself a little something - just as a middle finger to the international child rape syndicate (and local "Can't Drive Worth Dick" training academy) known as the Catholic church. Thumbsup

Were it me, I'd bake a big box of my best doughnuts and send them to the church campus with a little note that reads "Thanks for the support. Heart " But, that's me.

*Her official FB page has been rife with vitriol from the local church-goers if anyone wants to take a look; though much of it has also been via inbox.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/26502522/na...donut-shop

http://www.abc12.com/story/26483453/17-y...-misguided

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Misanthropik's post
03-10-2014, 02:29 AM
RE: Catholics vs. ...Doughnuts?
Thanks. I like how you write stuff Smile

I went to the links and now I am offended too.

I was disappointed to see that she had donated to local churches but maybe that was her way of saying "up yours" to the local Cafia.

But ... outrage ... a missing apostrophe!

Is it Naughty Girl's or Naughty Girls' Donut Shop?

Girl quantity is very important to me.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
03-10-2014, 03:24 AM
(03-10-2014 02:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Thanks. I like how you write stuff Smile

I was disappointed to see that she had donated to local churches but maybe that was her way of saying "up yours" to the local Cafia.

lol. I'm not sure the name is meant to imply possession.

Think "the donut shop of naughty girls."

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
03-10-2014, 05:39 AM
(03-10-2014 03:24 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 02:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Thanks. I like how you write stuff Smile

lol. I'm not sure the name is meant to imply possession.

Think "the donut shop of naughty girls."

Meaning that the naughty girls (plural) belong to the donut (singular)?

Blink

03-10-2014, 06:33 AM
(03-10-2014 01:36 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Because, as everyone knows, the easiest way to get laid is to acquire a business license, purchase a building, then spend every waking hour kneading dough in a hot kitchen before studying your ass off in school; only to wake up the next day and do it all over again

Oooooh, baby!
Drooling

(Oh, and the Catholics need to pay as much attention to their own business as this girl does to hers and then pull the stick out of their collective ass)

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
03-10-2014, 06:47 AM
(03-10-2014 02:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Girl quantity is very important to me.

'Specially when some naughty is involved. Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-10-2014, 07:57 AM
(03-10-2014 01:36 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  When this story hit the news, I was too socially withdrawn to care to bring it to the Forum. I'd since forgotten about it. However, I was reminded of it today, and knew I had to share.

In my town, there is a new doughnut shop that opened in one of the shopping centers. It's a '50s-pinup-themed joint called "Naughty Girls Donut Shop," and they make some of the best friggin' doughnuts I've ever had. (The things are huge and topped with all sorts of goodness that goes beyond the traditional topping of sprinkles) Of course, while the doughnuts are great, the really impressive part is that the entire business was conceived, constructed, and is managed by a 17-year-old girl. She gets up every day before school, gets to work on the doughnuts, then leaves it to her employees to run the place while she heads off to class. On the weekends, she can be seen slaving her ass off in the kitchen while she struggles to keep up with the customers who are literally pouring in. (On most days that I've been there, the line stretched out the door) Also employed are her siblings and her mother, and they've expressed nothing but pride in what this chick has tackled - and accomplished - at such a young age.

Elsewhere, just 60 seconds from my house, there stands a Catholic church. A church who's members are keen at getting their pious little noses into every-fucking-thing they have an issue with. So, what did they do when Naughty Girls began making headway in our little town? They boycotted them.

The accusations and insults have been many, but the reason for the uproar is that the place is called "Naughty Girls," and thus (to the diseased mind of a catholic) encourages immorality and fornication, and is unfit for our community. Some even accused this girl of choosing such a name for her establishment because "She just wants to bring in male customers."* (Because, as everyone knows, the easiest way to get laid is to acquire a business license, purchase a building, then spend every waking hour kneading dough in a hot kitchen before studying your ass off in school; only to wake up the next day and do it all over again)

And hey, why not? It's common knowledge that when a man says "I'm gonna get me a big, fluffy doughnut topped with candy corn and gumdrops," what he really means is "I'm gonna bust me some nuts." Dodgy

Seriously though, this chick has gotten a huge backlash over what is ultimately her pursuing her dream of baking awesome deserts for everyone to enjoy, and it's all because of these feeble-minded, bigoted, holier-than-thou deludites at the Church. But, there is an upside. It turns out that there's no such thing as bad publicity, and everyone who's not the local church has rallied to support her. In fact, just the other day, she had to close early because demand had spiked so high and she was out of the required resources. Even I went out of my way to stop in and grab myself a little something - just as a middle finger to the international child rape syndicate (and local "Can't Drive Worth Dick" training academy) known as the Catholic church. Thumbsup

Were it me, I'd bake a big box of my best doughnuts and send them to the church campus with a little note that reads "Thanks for the support. Heart " But, that's me.

*Her official FB page has been rife with vitriol from the local church-goers if anyone wants to take a look; though much of it has also been via inbox.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/26502522/na...donut-shop

http://www.abc12.com/story/26483453/17-y...-misguided

“Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
~Rabbi Yeshua ben Yusef (yes, I'm a smartass)

Do they realize Christ spent time with the sinners? Sure, he didn't sin with them.

“It’s so rotten, gossip. At the beginning, it seems to be something enjoyable and fun, like a piece of candy. But at the end, it fills the heart with bitterness and also poisons us,” Pope Francis said Feb. 16.

Even Christ's vicar is in on the action.

They're doing it wrong.
[+] 4 users Like Li_Holodomer's post
03-10-2014, 08:26 AM
Getting upset over a name? Oh say it ain't so! But more importantly, do they have pinup art? I always been a fanSmile

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
03-10-2014, 10:09 AM
So I'm reading along...

(03-10-2014 01:36 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  ---
It's a '50s-pinup-themed joint called "Naughty Girls Donut Shop,"
---
The things are huge and topped with all sorts of goodness
---
And then... "oh wait, he's talking about the doughnuts..." Tongue

Anyway...

(03-10-2014 01:36 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  It turns out that there's no such thing as bad publicity, and everyone who's not the local church has rallied to support her. In fact, just the other day, she had to close early because demand had spiked so high and she was out of the required resources.

You gotta love it when an unjust complaint backfires and helps out the very thing they are complaining about. Thumbsup

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 5 users Like Impulse's post
03-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Perhaps if they changed the name to Naughty Boys' the local vicar might promote it during his sermon(s).

RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. - Ambrose Bierce (The Devil's Dictionary)
[+] 5 users Like Silo1180's post