Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2015, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2015 02:01 PM by PetrovPolak.)
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
Quote:Alright then. I was trying to use a line of questioning there to see if I could get inside your head a little and see where you're coming from. Maybe appeal to your humanity and empathy.

I have plenty of both of those qualities, the modern world simply has too much empathy for the wrong people, is all. Trying to play the "Have some empathy" card on me concerning this issue, is pretty much the same as a pre-colonial Aztec trying to tell me to "Have some empathy" towards their practice of sacrificing their first-born to the sun god.

Quote:I can see very clearly where you're coming from. You employ zero empathy in your thinking and whatever humanity you may have had has been brainwashed away by the cult you call your religion. It's truly disgusting to see and is testament to why the people of the world struggle so much to survive, let alone prosper, when it is fully within humanities capabilities to easily do so. If only poor minds like yours weren't allowed to be abused with such horrible ideas.

Or, maybe all those things weren't wrong to begin with? Like, maybe the reason women soldiers were basically unheard of before now wasn't because of irrational misogyny, but the fact that men naturally make better soldiers, and women soldiers are naturally worse soldiers because of their physical limitations? Yeah, just don't consider it, I know you won't.

Quote:One day I hope you'll wake up and see things differently, but I'm not holding my breath.

Don't worry, I've already woken up. Maybe you will too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2015, 02:22 PM
(17-03-2015 01:45 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 11:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  How is that nonsense? We simply agree by consensus that people have those rights; the function of a state is to adjudicate the limits of those rights.
The state only exists by the consent of the governed.

Except, as I just told you, there isn't a damn consensus world-wide, they're just forced into it by stronger countries. Also, no, the state does not only exist by the consent of the governed, if that were true, then North Korea wouldn't exist.

The member nations of the U.N. have endorsed the Charter - it has been adopted.

A state that has been imposed on people is not legitimate. Might does not make right.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-03-2015, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2015 03:47 PM by PetrovPolak.)
Quote:The member nations of the U.N. have endorsed the Charter - it has been adopted.

There's numerous reasons why many of the people that agreed to this weren't legitimate representatives of their countries. Hell, Afghanistan didn't even 'have' a legitimate government at the time, how the hell could they have agreed to it? Not to mention that agreement doesn't necessarily carry on throughout all of time either.

Quote:A state that has been imposed on people is not legitimate. Might does not make right.

Well, considering that North Korea is still a defined territory, yes, it is a legitimate country.
17-03-2015, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2015 03:59 PM by Chas.)
(17-03-2015 03:43 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
Quote:The member nations of the U.N. have endorsed the Charter - it has been adopted.

There's numerous reasons why many of the people that agreed to this weren't legitimate representatives of their countries. Hell, Afghanistan didn't even 'have' a legitimate government at the time, how the hell could they have agreed to it? Not to mention that agreement doesn't necessarily carry on throughout all of time either.

It is currently in effect.

Quote:
Quote:A state that has been imposed on people is not legitimate. Might does not make right.

Well, considering that North Korea is still a defined territory, yes, it is a legitimate country.

The government is not legitimate - it is a dictatorship.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-03-2015, 06:36 PM
(17-03-2015 01:51 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  I have plenty of both of those qualities, the modern world simply has too much empathy for the wrong people, is all. Trying to play the "Have some empathy" card on me concerning this issue, is pretty much the same as a pre-colonial Aztec trying to tell me to "Have some empathy" towards their practice of sacrificing their first-born to the sun god.

Interesting use of the example of ancient pagan traditions of believing that blood sacrifice will appease an imaginary deity. You should review your own traditions and beliefs, I hold no empathy for the likes of either cases of simple minded barbarism.

(17-03-2015 01:51 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Or, maybe all those things weren't wrong to begin with? Like, maybe the reason women soldiers were basically unheard of before now wasn't because of irrational misogyny, but the fact that men naturally make better soldiers, and women soldiers are naturally worse soldiers because of their physical limitations? Yeah, just don't consider it, I know you won't.

It has little to nothing to do with misogyny, sure. However the example is a non sequitur in this context. You keep conflating these physical/mental/biological inequalities with the idea that some people deserve more rights to basic human dignity than others, even though just a few posts back you agreed that they are not the same, and that your own scripture calls for us to respect everyone's right to dignity. You kinda suck at critical thinking.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
17-03-2015, 07:18 PM
(17-03-2015 06:36 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  ... You kinda suck at critical thinking ...

The qualifiers "kinda" and "critical" weaken the accuracy of that assessment and should have been left out.
17-03-2015, 07:20 PM
(17-03-2015 07:18 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 06:36 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  ... You kinda suck at critical thinking ...

The qualifiers "kinda" and "critical" weaken the accuracy of that assessment and should have been left out.

They were meant to be sarcastic. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
17-03-2015, 07:25 PM
(17-03-2015 03:43 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  

I have a fenced lot. How about I put you within that fence and have armed guards prevent you from leaving? Oh, I might occasionally give you food.

Sound legitimate?
17-03-2015, 07:41 PM
(17-03-2015 01:51 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  "Have some empathy" towards their practice of sacrificing their first-born to the sun god.

What's so bad about that ? Your fucking god required HIS own son to die, before he could/would say, "OK, I forgive you". Sacrificing first-borns is what your damn cult is all about, and what you people say you celebrate every single day, you hypocrite cocksucker. Wink

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-03-2015, 07:54 PM
(17-03-2015 11:38 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 10:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong again popey breath. If Jebus really was incarnated, and took on human nature, then HE would be the biggest dick in heaven. (You don't really buy that shit do you ?)

Meh, technicality. Mary is the highest non divine human. There is that better. And yes I buy that shit. Its damn good shit!

It's damn preposterous ancient bullshit, and there is not a shred of evidence it has any veracity, or real meaning today. Your cult (of scripture and tradition) cooked up the new "dogmas" about Mary that were never recognized before. You can't even define what the word "divine" means today, and how and why that CHANGED over the millennia from what it used to mean to what it currently means, and why and how that happened. YOu can't have two "natures". It's one or the other. Two is meaningless.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.