Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2013, 11:16 AM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(18-10-2013 11:13 AM)nmoerbeek Wrote:  He does not have needs or wants, He wills us good and desires that we be Good. I tried to do my best to explain that this generosity of God is a mystery that Catholics are encouraged to meditate on.

Please reread your response:
He... [snip] ...desires that we be Good.

Desires? How can an all-powerful, omniscient being 'desire' anything? That's like having an infinite amount of money... and then desiring money. You cannot say he does not have wants, and then in your next sentence say he desires something.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2013, 11:18 AM
(18-10-2013 11:13 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Saving you all a trip from having to look up this little gem:
Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother.” But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also.

What's interesting is that god had no issue with Judah impregnating his daughter-in-law just a few lines later... out of wedlock, of course. Confusing, these rules.

To the guys on the forum: you are all, of course, impregnating the your brother's widows in accordance with god's wishes, yes?

It stems from the ancient lack of (revealed ?) knowledge that the woman provides 1/2 of the genetic material. They thought the entire baby was "delivered" by the male, to be "grown" in the woman. All they had to go on was what they thought plant seeds did. More proof that it as all utterly local, and completely dependent on it's own cultural context, without anything unique, or "revealed".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-10-2013, 11:20 AM
(18-10-2013 11:16 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 11:10 AM)nmoerbeek Wrote:  Well St Anne the mother of St John the Baptist conceived as an old lady, so my faith tells me otherwise.

Uh huh. That is historical fact then? Must be if it came from the bible, eh?

well, if the laws of nature of suspended, then it can be easily said that Husbands should keep inseminating their husbands and hope for the best! The will for a child is there, right? Thats all that counts you siad.

Nope. For one you cannot engage in sexual acts outside of the sacrament of marriage and God has restricted the placing of seed into the vagina in Revelation so the argument would not work for other behaviors even between heterosexuals.
18-10-2013, 11:22 AM
(18-10-2013 11:16 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 11:13 AM)nmoerbeek Wrote:  He does not have needs or wants, He wills us good and desires that we be Good. I tried to do my best to explain that this generosity of God is a mystery that Catholics are encouraged to meditate on.

Please reread your response:
He... [snip] ...desires that we be Good.

Desires? How can an all-powerful, omniscient being 'desire' anything? That's like having an infinite amount of money... and then desiring money. You cannot say he does not have wants, and then in your next sentence say he desires something.

Because He chooses to with his will, but He does not need too in his essence.
18-10-2013, 11:24 AM
(18-10-2013 11:15 AM)nmoerbeek Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 11:10 AM)nach_in Wrote:  oh, so you have the right to condemn peoples private acts because your parents told you to belong to a group who believes in bronze age mythology?

even better, no agency on your side, so you can go judging people merrily all around without any kind of responsibility

God has revealed it, I believe the revelation, you don't, so you and I will be adversaries.

No, I have to be willing to give up my life for it, its part of our baptismal promises.

we're not adversaries because we believe different things, we are because you want to force your beliefs onto me Drinking Beverage

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
18-10-2013, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2013 11:29 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-10-2013 11:20 AM)nmoerbeek Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 11:16 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Uh huh. That is historical fact then? Must be if it came from the bible, eh?

well, if the laws of nature of suspended, then it can be easily said that Husbands should keep inseminating their husbands and hope for the best! The will for a child is there, right? Thats all that counts you siad.

Nope. For one you cannot engage in sexual acts outside of the sacrament of marriage and God has restricted the placing of seed into the vagina in Revelation so the argument would not work for other behaviors even between heterosexuals.

The Catholic cult didn't invent the "Sacrament of Matrimony" until the Council of Trent.
Oops. 1500 years of immoral/wasted seed. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-10-2013, 11:25 AM
If you all have the kind patience to understand Catholic belief on fallen nature I would ask that you might take the time to listen to this homily

http://www.audiosancto.org/sermon/200308...ature.html

I think after listening to it you might understand the Catholic world view on things like law and morality in a better way than I can explain them.
18-10-2013, 11:27 AM
I'll never hear a homily again in my life

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
18-10-2013, 11:27 AM
(18-10-2013 11:24 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 11:20 AM)nmoerbeek Wrote:  Nope. For one you cannot engage in sexual acts outside of the sacrament of marriage and God has restricted the placing of seed into the vagina in Revelation so the argument would not work for other behaviors even between heterosexuals.

The Catholic cult didn't invent the "Sacrament of Matrimony" until the Council of Trent.
Oops. 1000 years of immoral/wasted seed. Tongue

That is why it is said explicitly in the Bible in Ephesians 5?
18-10-2013, 11:28 AM
(18-10-2013 11:27 AM)nach_in Wrote:  I'll never hear a homily again in my life

Im sorry that you cant hear Sad