Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(18-10-2013 02:12 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 01:45 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  My greatest joy is knowing that, in hindsight, future generations are going to take a massive poo all over the backwards thinking of the bigots, just they have for pretty much every group that chose to treat a segment of the population as "different."

You'd better buy an umbrella.

I don't believe that homosexuality will ever truly be accepted as equivalent to heterosexuality. People on the outside will accept it because they are being indoctrinated to do so and punished if they do not. However in the back of their minds will exist a thought that it is a cold hard fact of nature that the two are not equivalent.

You can indoctrinate people to believe what ever you want, but even so, many will still come to the conclusion that a man's body is built to love a woman....and a woman's body is built to love a man. On the surface they will treat homosexuality as equivalent because society will punish them if they do not, but deep down inside they will view it as a defect.

you're so full of your own shit you can't even realize there're people out there who is actually good and understanding

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2013, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2013 02:28 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(18-10-2013 02:14 PM)nach_in Wrote:  you're so full of your own shit you can't even realize there're people out there who is actually good and understanding

There are plenty of gay people who earn my respect because of their good nature. It would probably be fair to say they have qualities that I wish I had. So while I might be envious of certain aspects of their nature, their homosexuality isn't one of them.
18-10-2013, 02:29 PM
(18-10-2013 02:21 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 02:14 PM)nach_in Wrote:  you're so full of your own shit you can't even realize there're people out there who is actually good and understanding

There are plenty of gay people who earn my respect because of their good nature. It would probably be fair to say they have qualities that I wish I had. So while I might be envious of certain aspects of their nature, their homosexuality isn't one of them.

yeah, and you have gay friends too right?

18-10-2013, 02:35 PM
(18-10-2013 12:22 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 12:04 PM)Othmar Wrote:  That is incorrect. The Council of Trent merely reaffirmed the sacraments, in response to protestants questioning them. The Orthodox Churches, for example, also recognized the same seven sacraments, including matrimony, and they did not (and do not) acknowledge the Council of Trent. The Oriental Orthodox Communion came into schism in the fifth century.

You may have been confused by the Lutheran rejection of the sacrament. Or by the change in the way the sacrament was 'performed'.

Civil marriages are certainly not a sacrament, so why should the Catholic Church dictate civil marriage?
I don't think It should. See my earlier post:
(18-10-2013 05:47 AM)Othmar Wrote:  Homosexual (civil) marriages are not (catholic) ecclesiastical marriages. Marriage as the Church understands it is a sacrament uniting a man and a woman. That is completely separate from civil marriages, which are more like a contract granting rights. In Europe, the two 'kinds' of marriage can't even be held at the same time, as seems to be the American custom.
18-10-2013, 02:43 PM
(18-10-2013 02:29 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 02:21 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  There are plenty of gay people who earn my respect because of their good nature. It would probably be fair to say they have qualities that I wish I had. So while I might be envious of certain aspects of their nature, their homosexuality isn't one of them.

yeah, and you have gay friends too right?

Are you gay?
18-10-2013, 02:50 PM
(18-10-2013 02:43 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 02:29 PM)nach_in Wrote:  yeah, and you have gay friends too right?

Are you gay?

Looking for a date to the prom, Heywood?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-10-2013, 02:58 PM
(18-10-2013 02:43 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 02:29 PM)nach_in Wrote:  yeah, and you have gay friends too right?

Are you gay?

does it matter? are you concocting some kind of ad hominem?

18-10-2013, 03:02 PM
(18-10-2013 02:12 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I don't believe that homosexuality will ever truly be accepted as equivalent to heterosexuality. People on the outside will accept it because they are being indoctrinated to do so and punished if they do not. However in the back of their minds will exist a thought that it is a cold hard fact of nature that the two are not equivalent.

You can indoctrinate people to believe what ever you want, but even so, many will still come to the conclusion that a man's body is built to love a woman....and a woman's body is built to love a man. On the surface they will treat homosexuality as equivalent because society will punish them if they do not, but deep down inside they will view it as a defect.

You've got it backwards. There is currently encouragement from the church to oppose homosexuality, and punishment (threatened in the form of the afterlife) for those who DON'T oppose it. The debate is not whether a sexual preference should be considered 'the same.' The debate is whether the human fucking beings with a specific sexual preference should be treated like all other human beings.

You don't have to like the sex preference. It's perfectly acceptable to say you're disgusted by it. That's not a crime. You don't have to pretend you're into someone else's lifestyle. That's not the issue. The issue is whether or not we deny this group of people the same rights we grant others. Not surprisingly, religious institutions have no problem denying rights to others.

Fuck them and their ancient ideas. And if you support denying them the same rights that shitty married couples all over the country currently enjoy, well, fuck you too. Drinking Beverage

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 2 users Like guitar_nut's post
18-10-2013, 03:04 PM
(18-10-2013 02:58 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 02:43 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Are you gay?

does it matter? are you concocting some kind of ad hominem?

Ad hominem, like the one you leveled against me by claiming I was full of shit and couldn't realize there are people who are good and understanding?
18-10-2013, 03:08 PM
(18-10-2013 03:06 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 02:57 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Is there any specific reason as to why homosexuality is immoral other than "because the bible says so"? What harm does it do to society? Is it based in promiscuity/fornication? In which case, if homosexuals got married, and committed themselves to a monogomous relationship, is the marriage bed then undefiled? [/b]

If everyone on the planet suddenly became black, it wouldn't be catastrophic. If everyone on this planet suddenly became heterosexual, it wouldn't be catastrophic. However if everyone on the planet suddenly became homosexual, it would be catastrophic.

It is good for society if homosexuality isn't prevalent.

Totally disagree. Imagine if it happened over a few generations (to avoid the social disrupture of curent relationships.)

Third world poverty might be eradicated. There'd be no abortions, and no unwanted pregnancies.

People would still reproduce, but children, on average, would be more valued.

War would probably end.

The Vatican would collapse due to a lack of priests, and that could only be a good thing. Society doesn't need bullshit preached at it from the pulpit.

Generally speaking, I like gay people. They're usually polite and well behaved. They are often very creative, are more tolerant of others, and they look after their own health. I'm generalising, but I'd much rather live next door to a gay couple then strict Catholics. They're just much nicer people.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user