Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2013, 05:08 PM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(18-10-2013 04:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Slightly off the running topic at the moment, but I'm curious, catholics.

Would you be in support of a full theocracy with the RCC in power instead of the current democratic system we have?
The only Catholic state that ever qualified as a theocracy is the Papal State, and its successor the Vatican. Sure, we've had prince-bishoprics, but even they were subject to a secular ruler. And I personally have my doubt whether an independent Vatican City is really the best solution.

There's not really a precedent for a theocracy outside it, the only other example I can think of is Savonarola's Florence, but his rule was combated by the Pope.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2013, 05:08 PM
ok, he's just trolling now...

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
18-10-2013, 05:13 PM
(18-10-2013 05:04 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  But deepdown you don't like gays, do you? They're dirty, filthy people, right? You'll tell that to your kids. You won't vote for them either. You just wish they'd disappear, and leave the world to all the "normal" people. I'm calling you out for being a bigot.

No, I'd vote for a gay candidate if my views were aligned with them. You like making stuff up.

I don't wish gay people would disappear, and if one of my kids told me they were gay, I would tell them I would rather have a happy openly gay child then a sad repressed child.

However if that child asked me if I thought homosexuality was equivalent to heterosexuality, I wouldn't lie to him.
18-10-2013, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2013 05:34 PM by Mark Fulton.)
RE
"I want to see anti-discrimination laws trash canned."

Good boy, that's a step in the right direction. Now be a real man. Pick up the phone and invite a gay couple around for dinner. They're bound to bring a nice bottle of wine with them.

Then, admit to everyone on this forum that you've had a bad attitude, but you've changed. You'll get a whole lot more respect if you do. You will be happier, and the world will be a better place.

PS OOPS...I've misunderstood you. You want to get rid of anti discrimination laws.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2013, 05:20 PM
(18-10-2013 05:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 05:04 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  But deepdown you don't like gays, do you? They're dirty, filthy people, right? You'll tell that to your kids. You won't vote for them either. You just wish they'd disappear, and leave the world to all the "normal" people. I'm calling you out for being a bigot.

No, I'd vote for a gay candidate if my views were aligned with them. You like making stuff up.

I don't wish gay people would disappear, and if one of my kids told me they were gay, I would tell them I would rather have a happy openly gay child then a sad repressed child.

However if that child asked me if I thought homosexuality was equivalent to heterosexuality, I wouldn't lie to him.

You're getting there....keep trying....the penny will drop soon.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2013, 05:26 PM
(18-10-2013 05:05 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 04:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The last refuge of the bigot is projecting their hate onto everyone else. Heywood I don't care what you think about gay people. I only care if you try to get your personal bigotry legislated.

Same here, that's why I want to see anti-discrimination laws trash canned. I suspect you wouldn't because your bigotry is the right bigotry....right?

No, I actually agree they are garbage legislation. I am also against the holocaust denier laws in europe.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-10-2013, 05:28 PM
(18-10-2013 05:17 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  RE

Good boy, that's a step in the right direction. Now be a real man. Pick up the phone and invite a gay couple around for dinner. They're bound to bring a nice bottle of wine with them.

Then, admit to everyone on this forum that you've had a bad attitude, but you've changed. You'll get a whole lot more respect if you do. You will be happier, and the world will be a better place.

Why exactly is my attitude bad? Because I have reasoned that homosexuality is not equivalent to heterosexuality? I'm sorry but it isn't. And because it isn't, there is a rational basis to hold homosexuality in lesser regard.
18-10-2013, 05:34 PM
(18-10-2013 05:28 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Why exactly is my attitude bad? Because I have reasoned that homosexuality is not equivalent to heterosexuality? I'm sorry but it isn't. And because it isn't, there is a rational basis to hold homosexuality in lesser regard.

your attitude is bad because you try to rationalize a hierarchy of people where there is none. Just like the racist try by saying blacks are less than white and stuff like that.

Homo and heterosexuality aren't the same (obviously) that doesn't imply by any means that one is better than the other.

Your population argument is absurd and disregards a lot of information and variables. That makes it wrong.

So in conclusion, you're saying that a group of people is less than the rest based on a false argument. That's why you're bad

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
18-10-2013, 05:35 PM
(18-10-2013 05:28 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Nope. Homosexuality is not equivalent to heterosexuality in only one regard, procreation. However that is easily remedied, so it's a moot point. There is no rational basis to hold it in lesser regard.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
18-10-2013, 05:39 PM
(18-10-2013 05:08 PM)Othmar Wrote:  And I personally have my doubt whether an independent Vatican City is really the best solution.

Right on. But you would vote to see legislation put into affect that aline with the RCC's standards, even if it does not aline with the views of much of the population?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco