Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2013, 02:55 AM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
Alright I'll play a long (but this'll be my last post tonight, got shit to do so you'll have to wait till later for a response).

Homosexuality is NOT immoral because a) it occurs naturally b) it's not a choice c) it doesn't harm anyone (obviously things like rape and kiddy fiddling priests are a bad thing, but they occur in heterosexual occurrences too and homosexuality does not automatically equal rapist or pedophile just as heterosexuality doesn't) d) the bible is a load of shit (I'm not arguing the bible, this is an atheist site there is plenty of material to refute it everywhere). e) is being black considered immoral? answer that and you got your answer if you replace the word black with gay. The why's are exactly the same.

Quote:Because the point of this thread was to have a respectful discussion. Not to bash people you hate.

If you want to bash these people....go start a thread for that purpose. Stop hijacking this one as a vehicle to spew your hate.

Stop hijacking their hate thread with my hate?

You can't have a respectful discussion with Catholics because they're fucking moronic and couldn't see stupid if it was butt naked checks spread apart 5inches from their face.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2013, 02:56 AM
(18-10-2013 02:51 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 02:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  1) Why should they?

2) That's easy for you to say Mr I'm Free To Get Married And Engage In Sexual Acts So To Tell Someone Else Not To Is A Non-Issue For Me.

3) God isn't real

1) why?

2) why aren't you protesting to bring back the stoning of people who have affairs?

3) why aren't you protesting to force rape victims to marry their rapists?

4) why do you subscribe to an organization that turned a blind eye to the holocaust?

5) why do you subscribe to an organization that hides and excuses pedophilia

6) why do you subscribe to an organization that has caused the deaths of literally countless lives all throughout history

7) why are you so fucking retarded?

8) why do you pick and choose what parts of the bible to actively ram down people's throats (ie: the whole gay thing) yet completely ignore the rest?

9) why are you so fucking retarded?

10) if man is created in Gods image and man has morally evolved from 2,000 years ago why do you assume that God hasn't?

11) why do you waste your time believing in an invisible man in the sky?

12) why are you so fucking retarded?

13) how old are you, what do you do for a living, are you married, were you raised Catholic, why are you so fucking retarded?

All of the above is irrelevant to the point of whether homosexuality is or isn't immoral.

So are you suggesting that if the Catholic clergy was 100% celibate and it actively opposed Nazism it would be correct that homosexuality is a sin?

I'm saying, if your justification for homosexuality being immoral is the bible than why not this that and the other.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-10-2013, 02:57 AM
(18-10-2013 02:51 AM)Chippy Wrote:  All of the above is irrelevant to the point of whether homosexuality is or isn't immoral.

So are you suggesting that if the Catholic clergy was 100% celibate and it actively opposed Nazism it would be correct that homosexuality is a sin?

Is there any specific reason as to why homosexuality is immoral other than "because the bible says so"? What harm does it do to society? Is it based in promiscuity/fornication? In which case, if homosexuals got married, and committed themselves to a monogomous relationship, is the marriage bed then undefiled? [/b]
18-10-2013, 02:59 AM
(18-10-2013 02:38 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Also, despite earmuffs not being exactly respectful, I would like to reiterate his questions about other sins which are not currently legislated against/debated. Why is what someone does in the privacy of his/her bedroom so much more important than any other seemingly immoral act?

That is besides the point of whether homosexuality is or isn't immoral.

Each matter is to be assessed on its own merits. The issue of the morality of homosexuality can be resolved indpendently of the Catholic Church's disposition in relation to other so-called sins.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-10-2013, 03:01 AM
(18-10-2013 02:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Alright I'll play a long (but this'll be my last post tonight, got shit to do so you'll have to wait till later for a response).

Homosexuality is NOT immoral because a) it occurs naturally b) it's not a choice c) it doesn't harm anyone (obviously things like rape and kiddy fiddling priests are a bad thing, but they occur in heterosexual occurrences too and homosexuality does not automatically equal rapist or pedophile just as heterosexuality doesn't) d) the bible is a load of shit (I'm not arguing the bible, this is an atheist site there is plenty of material to refute it everywhere). e) is being black considered immoral? answer that and you got your answer if you replace the word black with gay. The why's are exactly the same.

Quote:Because the point of this thread was to have a respectful discussion. Not to bash people you hate.

If you want to bash these people....go start a thread for that purpose. Stop hijacking this one as a vehicle to spew your hate.

Stop hijacking their hate thread with my hate?

You can't have a respectful discussion with Catholics because they're fucking moronic and couldn't see stupid if it was butt naked checks spread apart 5inches from their face.

Instead of playing along, how about you just leave. It's obvious you are more interested in tossing insults rather than having an intelligent respectable conversation.

With trolls like you, I suspect the only place a respectful conversation of this nature on this topic could occur on this forum is the boxing ring.
18-10-2013, 03:06 AM
(18-10-2013 02:57 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Is there any specific reason as to why homosexuality is immoral other than "because the bible says so"? What harm does it do to society? Is it based in promiscuity/fornication? In which case, if homosexuals got married, and committed themselves to a monogomous relationship, is the marriage bed then undefiled? [/b]

If everyone on the planet suddenly became black, it wouldn't be catastrophic. If everyone on this planet suddenly became heterosexual, it wouldn't be catastrophic. However if everyone on the planet suddenly became homosexual, it would be catastrophic.

It is good for society if homosexuality isn't prevalent.
18-10-2013, 03:17 AM
(18-10-2013 02:57 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 02:51 AM)Chippy Wrote:  All of the above is irrelevant to the point of whether homosexuality is or isn't immoral.

Is there any specific reason as to why homosexuality is immoral other than "because the bible says so"? What harm does it do to society? Is it based in promiscuity/fornication? In which case, if homosexuals got married, and committed themselves to a monogomous relationship, is the marriage bed then undefiled? [/b]

That's for the Catholics and other Christians, Jews and Muslims to argue. Catholics have their natural law based argument, Jews would presumably say because Yahweh says so and Muslims would say because Allah says so. I don't know if there is a distinctly Protestant argument against homosexuality beyond an appeal to scripture (I haven't seen one).

Hopefully the Catholic guy with some expertise in Thomistic philosophy will return and provide the natual law argument.

My point is if you are are genuine about wanting a debate then stick to the fucking topic. The matter in question is "Is homosexuality immoral?" Not "Is the Catholic Church well-managed?", "Are there other more immoral matters the Catholic Church should be concerned about?", "Why are there so many pedophiles in the Catholic Church" etc. etc.

Is homosexuality immoral? Discuss like fucking intelligent adults and not like retards.
[+] 2 users Like Chippy's post
18-10-2013, 03:20 AM
(18-10-2013 02:59 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 02:38 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Also, despite earmuffs not being exactly respectful, I would like to reiterate his questions about other sins which are not currently legislated against/debated. Why is what someone does in the privacy of his/her bedroom so much more important than any other seemingly immoral act?

That is besides the point of whether homosexuality is or isn't immoral.

Each matter is to be assessed on its own merits. The issue of the morality of homosexuality can be resolved indpendently of the Catholic Church's disposition in relation to other so-called sins.

But can it be resolved independently of the Bible?

Also, Heywood, that doesn't really address the issue of whether or not homosexuality should or shouldn't be legislated against. Everyone is not suddenly going to become homosexual, so that seems irrelevant. The fact is, there are people who are homosexual and they are not a majority, so should they be able to live their lives in peace like heterosexuals or not? And if not, where is the basis for saying homosexuality is immoral besides the Bible?
18-10-2013, 03:26 AM
(18-10-2013 02:56 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm saying, if your justification for homosexuality being immoral is the bible than why not this that and the other.

It's not my justification, I'm a secular humanist, liberal and atheist. I support the complete separation of church and state, the legalisation of homosexual civil unions and the withdrawal of the state from marriage completely.

I'm just saying stick to the fucking point and stop acting like a retard if that is at all possible. The question at hand is "Is homosexuality immoral?" I don't agree that it is immoral, my position is that at worst it is morally neutral and possibly morally good under a virtue based system of ethics. But I'm not going to argue my case to allow others to try and exercise their ability to formulate and present arguments. I don't want to be doing this. Thumbsup
18-10-2013, 03:30 AM
(18-10-2013 03:20 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  But can it be resolved independently of the Bible?

Also, Heywood, that doesn't really address the issue of whether or not homosexuality should or shouldn't be legislated against. Everyone is not suddenly going to become homosexual, so that seems irrelevant. The fact is, there are people who are homosexual and they are not a majority, so should they be able to live their lives in peace like heterosexuals or not? And if not, where is the basis for saying homosexuality is immoral besides the Bible?

The thought experiment shows that homosexuality doesn't have the same worth to society as heterosexuality. If it doesn't have the same worth, there is no obligation for society to treat it as an equal to heterosexuality.