Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2013, 03:22 AM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
Homosexuality isn't something you become, it's something you are. And it isn't contagious. Get over yourself, you are trying to justify your homophobia by waving the Bible around.

You might get a better response to your beliefs if they weren't filled with such bigotry.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-10-2013, 03:36 AM
Christian's worse nightmare.
a Gay Atheist
Therefore Stephen Fry is the antichrist.
Burn those little big planet ps3 discs.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
22-10-2013, 04:10 AM
(22-10-2013 03:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Homosexuality isn't something you become, it's something you are.

You start out as a asexual zygote and then become an asexual adult, or homosexual adult, or a heterosexual adult.

I rank em as follows:

Heterosexuality > Homosexuality > Asexuality

There is no reason it should just happen that they are equivalent.
22-10-2013, 05:33 AM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2013 05:37 AM by Cathym112.)
(21-10-2013 09:33 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(21-10-2013 08:52 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Ya know - I read through each one of your derided comments on this thread.

Derisive.

No, derided. Past tense of deride.

de·ride
diˈrīd/
verb
past tense: derided;past participle: derided
express contempt for; ridicule.
"critics derided the proposals as clumsy attempts to find a solution"
synonyms: ridicule, mock, scoff at, jibe at, make fun of, poke fun at, laugh at, hold up to ridicule, pillory; More
antonyms: praise
Origin

More
mid 16th cent.: from Latin deridere ‘scoff at.’
Translate derided to
Use over time for: derided

(21-10-2013 09:33 PM)Chippy Wrote:  I'm not so ignorant and misguided as to believe that within the space of a disorganised and unmoderated thread, with an unscoped topic, I can present an ab initio critique of the entire Catholic worldview. With regard to the Catholic Church the topic of homosexuality relates to Thomistic philosophy which in turn relates to Catholic theology and Aristotlelianism which in turn relate to more fundamental issues in several branches of philosophy. That you still can't see this is demonstrative of your ignorance. I have some commitment to philosophical seriousness so I'm not going to engage in some silly pseudo-debate which consists in nothing more than posting question begging arguments. I'm happy to leave that to you and others like you.

Well...we are just so fucking lucky you graced us with your presence.

Quote:I call bullshit. Usually when a person consistently attacks the nuances of everyone's argument, it betrays a person's insecurity regarding their own intelligence and their insecurity over their fear of rejection. So they don't actually have to answer the topic at hand and put their own ideas forth.
Quote:I have many opinionated posts on more tightly scoped concerns. You can critique those using the intellectual skills you have learnt from watching The View. Stupid bitch.

seems like you don't like it when sometimes turns your haughty ridicules back at you, eh? The view? Stupid bitch..Chlamydia Cathy...the complete lack of satire in any of your comments betrays you for truly having average intelligence.

By the way - your use of grammar needs a little work.
22-10-2013, 06:09 AM
(22-10-2013 05:33 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(21-10-2013 09:33 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Derisive.

No, derided. Past tense of deride.

No. You're using it as an adjective, not a verb. As a verb, it is awkward. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-10-2013, 06:27 AM
(22-10-2013 06:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 05:33 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  No, derided. Past tense of deride.

No. You're using it as an adjective, not a verb. As a verb, it is awkward. Tongue

If I said, "derided look be damned!" That is using the adjective to describe look, the subject t.

It might sound awkward to you, but it's grammatically correct.
22-10-2013, 06:31 AM
(22-10-2013 05:33 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  By the way - your use of grammar needs a little work.

Your use of thought needs much work.
22-10-2013, 06:43 AM
(22-10-2013 06:31 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 05:33 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  By the way - your use of grammar needs a little work.

Your use of thought needs much work.

That may be true, But I don't spend my time correcting other people's typos, or emotional responses, or arguments. It pisses people off and isn't productive. Remember, you are dealing with average people, not members of Mensa. It's a dickish move and it alienates you from the group you claim to belong to.
22-10-2013, 06:58 AM
(22-10-2013 06:27 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 06:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  No. You're using it as an adjective, not a verb. As a verb, it is awkward. Tongue

If I said, "derided look be damned!" That is using the adjective to describe look, the subject t.

It might sound awkward to you, but it's grammatically correct.

WTF is a "subject t?" Consider

And!

You're wrong. So there! Poopyhead. Tongue

living word
22-10-2013, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2013 09:21 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-10-2013 04:10 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 03:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Homosexuality isn't something you become, it's something you are.

You start out as a asexual zygote and then become an asexual adult, or homosexual adult, or a heterosexual adult.

I rank em as follows:

Heterosexuality > Homosexuality > Asexuality

There is no reason it should just happen that they are equivalent.

No one cares how you "rank" anything.
They all occur in nature, and there is no reason to accept your "ranking" or to devalue any minority group, Blowjob. Your "reductio ad absurdam" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum
"thought (and I use the term loosely), experiments", prove nothing. Your lame attempts to devalue a group which is, and always will be, a naturally occurring minority, is also a strawman. Your analogies are thus totally irrelevant.

Actually your Embryology is flawed. A zygote is not "asexual". At that point, the XY or XX is already determined. Your attempted conflation of The EXPRESSION of sexual orientation, with physical sexual characteristics shows how desperate you are.
Your ranking system needs hundreds of thousands more ranked terms. Bisexuals, Try Sexuals, (will "try" anything") hermaphrodites etc etc etc. Ever hear of Kinsey ? There are no absolute categories. They long ago were proven to be myth.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post