Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2013, 10:13 AM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(22-10-2013 10:11 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 10:09 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Sorry EH...I will take the appropriate punishment. Sadcryface

Bend over and grab your ankles. Evil_monster

So it IS about sex. Hobo

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2013, 10:16 AM
(22-10-2013 10:13 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 10:11 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Bend over and grab your ankles. Evil_monster

So it IS about sex. Hobo

Sex and punishment, isn't it always? Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
22-10-2013, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2013 10:58 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-10-2013 10:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 10:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Speaking of that, since the Catholics appear to have been raptured, I would suggest we actually discuss the subjects (which Chippy raised), and are entirely pertinent and absolutely essential to this question. Those are the origins of the RC's concept of "natural law" in Greek Idealism, and Aristotelian/Thomistic philosophy, and the strange consequences that result from that dualism.

Aw hell Bucky...I don't even know what you said there. Weeping

That's why it should be discussed. Tongue
Their entire gargantuan, top heavy, philosophical edifice has been constructed on a pile of poo. If evenheathen doesn't want it here, I'll put it in the philosophy section.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-10-2013, 10:21 AM
(22-10-2013 10:16 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 10:13 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So it IS about sex. Hobo

Sex and punishment, isn't it always? Drinking Beverage

Whoa...

Punishment??

Cause yanno I've been a really naughty girl...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Hey EH...I think you got a volunteer!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
22-10-2013, 10:42 AM
(22-10-2013 10:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 10:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Aw hell Bucky...I don't even know what you said there. Weeping

That's why it should be discussed. Tongue
Their entire gargantuan, top heavy, philosophical edifice has been constructed on an ... um ... pile of something. If evenheathen doesn't want it here, I'll put it in the philosophy section.

I don't care if it's here Bucky. Unless you think it deserves it's own thread.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-10-2013, 10:43 AM
(22-10-2013 10:21 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 10:16 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Sex and punishment, isn't it always? Drinking Beverage

Whoa...

Punishment??

You can all line up, I'll get my belt off.... Thumbsup

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
22-10-2013, 10:51 AM
(22-10-2013 10:43 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 10:21 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Whoa...

Punishment??

You can all line up, I'll get my belt off.... Thumbsup

Ummm...I think that's Mom's gig....I, er, have stuff to do...

See ya...No

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-10-2013, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2013 11:25 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-10-2013 10:42 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 10:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's why it should be discussed. Tongue
Their entire gargantuan, top heavy, philosophical edifice has been constructed on an ... um ... pile of something. If evenheathen doesn't want it here, I'll put it in the philosophy section.

I don't care if it's here Bucky. Unless you think it deserves it's own thread.

I have an incomplete thing about the subject I was writing concerning Edward Feser's (Catholic right winger / WLC fan), book "The Last Superstition", where he rants on and on (and ON), against the "New Atheism", and the other piece of presupositionist trash by Patrick Madrid, and Kenneth Hensley, ("The Godless Delusion"). Maybe I'll just work on it, and post it somewhere, separately.

Suffice it to say, Greek Idealism posits the existence of (ideal) "forms". Everything that exists is an imperfect "realization" or "instantiation" of the perfect form. For example, if you see a triangle, it's not a "perfect triangle", but only an imperfect "instantiation" of the perfect triangle. That's the "duality". They then go on from there, to say that if that's true, the job of every human is to attempt to be (or get to) as near to the "perfect form" (or their "essence") as possible. That's a vast over-simplification. But it's child's play, in 2013 to debunk.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-10-2013, 11:24 AM
(22-10-2013 10:56 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 10:42 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  I don't care if it's here Bucky. Unless you think it deserves it's own thread.

I have an incomplete thing about the subject I was writing concerning Edward Feser's (Catholic right winger / WLC fan), book "The Last Superstition", where he rants on and on (and ON), against the "New Atheism", and the other piece of presupositionist trash by Patrick Madrid, and Kenneth Hensley, ("The Godless Delusion"). Maybe I'll just work on it, and post it somewhere, separately.

Suffice it to say, Greek Idealism posits the existence of (ideal) "forms". Everything that exists is an imperfect "realization" or "instantiation" of the perfect form. For example, if you see a triangle, it's not a "perfect triangle", but only an imperfect "instantiation" of the perfect triangle. That's the "duality". They then go on from there, to say that if that's true, the job of every human is to attempt to be (or get to) as near to the "perfect form" (or their "essence") as possible. That's a vast over-simplification. But it's child's play, in 2013 to debunk.

I can imagine anything coming from a WLC fan couldn't be too hard to to see through.

~ Umberto Eco