Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(25-02-2015 10:52 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(25-02-2015 10:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  [Image: gallery_2_6_16926.gif]

Oh, can I try too?

[Image: memedc03a3a940aefbbf.jpg]

May i know your thoughts on the priests abusing children, and the vatican's subsequent cover up that exposed more children to abuse thus institutionalizing it?

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2015, 12:19 AM
(25-02-2015 11:48 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  
(25-02-2015 10:52 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Oh, can I try too?

[Image: memedc03a3a940aefbbf.jpg]

May i know your thoughts on the priests abusing children, and the vatican's subsequent cover up that exposed more children to abuse thus institutionalizing it?

See previous post. The amount of priests that actually get convicted of the child abuse are much lower than the general populace, and what's more, 'victim-advocacy' groups such as BishopAccountability.net or SNAP have been found either fabricating false convictions or listing priests who were long dead, and thus, couldn't defend themselves from such charges. It's all in the link provided in the previous post.

Quote:vatican's subsequent cover up that exposed more children to abuse thus institutionalizing it?

There was never concrete proof for any sort of cover-up one by the Vatican.
26-02-2015, 12:30 AM
(26-02-2015 12:19 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(25-02-2015 11:48 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  May i know your thoughts on the priests abusing children, and the vatican's subsequent cover up that exposed more children to abuse thus institutionalizing it?

See previous post. The amount of priests that actually get convicted of the child abuse are much lower than the general populace, and what's more, 'victim-advocacy' groups such as BishopAccountability.net or SNAP have been found either fabricating false convictions or listing priests who were long dead, and thus, couldn't defend themselves from such charges. It's all in the link provided in the previous post.

Quote:vatican's subsequent cover up that exposed more children to abuse thus institutionalizing it?

If I was a member of any organization that had several leaders either accused or convicted of molesting children, I would no longer be a member or support them in any way.

Can you please explain how you rationalize your continued support of the Catholic church and it's leaders, including the pope?
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
26-02-2015, 12:38 AM
(26-02-2015 12:30 AM)pablo Wrote:  Can you please explain how you rationalize your continued support of the Catholic church and it's leaders, including the pope?

Devil made them do it Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-02-2015, 12:40 AM
(26-02-2015 12:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 12:30 AM)pablo Wrote:  Can you please explain how you rationalize your continued support of the Catholic church and it's leaders, including the pope?

Devil made them do it Drinking Beverage

Snot-nosed little brats were asking for it. Angel
26-02-2015, 01:19 AM
(26-02-2015 12:30 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 12:19 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  See previous post. The amount of priests that actually get convicted of the child abuse are much lower than the general populace, and what's more, 'victim-advocacy' groups such as BishopAccountability.net or SNAP have been found either fabricating false convictions or listing priests who were long dead, and thus, couldn't defend themselves from such charges. It's all in the link provided in the previous post.

If I was a member of any organization that had several leaders either accused or convicted of molesting children, I would no longer be a member or support them in any way.

Can you please explain how you rationalize your continued support of the Catholic church and it's leaders, including the pope?

Well, first off, it's telling that you equate 'accused' with 'convicted', like, it doesn't matter whether they're actually guilty or not, but whether people accuse them of being so.

Secondly, by 'leaders' I assume you mean the bishops, and while the offenses committed by certain bishops are unforgivable, you're still ignoring the fact that the vast majority of them did not do such things, so there's no real need to rationalize it. Even if they did, however, it wouldn't matter. The Catholic faith is the true faith, it doesn't matter how corrupt the officials within the Church get at a specific point in time, the Church itself will never fall, and the Catholic faith will still be the objective truth. You don't abandon your country because it's gone down the tubes, you stay to improve it. Same idea.
26-02-2015, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2015 02:03 AM by pablo.)
T
(26-02-2015 01:19 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 12:30 AM)pablo Wrote:  If I was a member of any organization that had several leaders either accused or convicted of molesting children, I would no longer be a member or support them in any way.

Well, first off, it's telling that you equate 'accused' with 'convicted', like, it doesn't matter whether they're actually guilty or not, but whether people accuse them of being so.

Secondly, by 'leaders' I assume you mean the bishops, and while the offenses committed by certain bishops are unforgivable, you're still ignoring the fact that the vast majority of them did not do such things, so there's no real need to rationalize it. Even if they did, however, it wouldn't matter. The Catholic faith is the true faith, it doesn't matter how corrupt the officials within the Church get at a specific point in time, the Church itself will never fall, and the Catholic faith will still be the objective truth. You don't abandon your country because it's gone down the tubes, you stay to improve it. Same idea.

That was a fine example of rationalization.

Quote:Well, first off, it's telling that you equate 'accused' with 'convicted', like, it doesn't matter whether they're actually guilty or not, but whether people accuse them of being so.

Where did I do that?

Quote:The Catholic faith is the true faith, it doesn't matter how corrupt the officials within the Church get at a specific point in time, the Church itself will never fall, and the Catholic faith will still be the objective truth.

That reads like a speech a villain would make in a lame action movie.

I know you can't see it now, but if you really take an open minded, unbiased look at things, you may understand one day that magic really does only happen in fairytales.Weeping
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
26-02-2015, 01:42 AM
(26-02-2015 12:40 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 12:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  Devil made them do it Drinking Beverage

Snot-nosed little brats were asking for it. Angel

They needed a bit of rod and staff comfort Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-02-2015, 04:26 AM
(26-02-2015 12:19 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(25-02-2015 11:48 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  May i know your thoughts on the priests abusing children, and the vatican's subsequent cover up that exposed more children to abuse thus institutionalizing it?

and the evidence gathered means nothing to you, then?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-n-re...ren-n22531

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like ivaneus's post
26-02-2015, 04:42 AM
(26-02-2015 12:19 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  ...
The amount of priests that actually get convicted of the child abuse are much lower than the general populace,

Oh really? I wonder why that is? Dodgy

(26-02-2015 12:19 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  ...
were long dead, and thus, couldn't defend themselves from such charges.

So what?

That is an indicator of how long it takes victims to recover sufficiently from the trauma to be able to face going public.

Dodgy Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post