Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2015, 07:19 PM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(26-02-2015 04:10 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 04:04 PM)pablo Wrote:  When you say things like that I have no idea if you actually mean it, or if you're just a troll.

Alright then, how about you give me any sort of proof that 'natural human rights' exist within a secular context?

They exist by the agreement of the member nations. The U.N.'s authority derives by the consent of the member nations.

Why is that a seemingly difficult concept for you?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2015, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2015 07:36 PM by pablo.)
Quote: Spreading or maintaining the faith always comes first. Money and power lets them do so.

Which of course brings them more money and power.
They own you.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
26-02-2015, 07:23 PM
(26-02-2015 07:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 04:10 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Alright then, how about you give me any sort of proof that 'natural human rights' exist within a secular context?

They exist by the agreement of the member nations. The U.N.'s authority derives by the consent of the member nations.

Why is that a seemingly difficult concept for you?

Because any country that doesn't want to follow them is license to be sanctioned, intentionally destabilized, or even invaded, if the UN deems it necessary.

Oh, yeah, and at the time they were signed, one could hardly say that the ones that signed them were true representatives of said countries:

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/Paul.Trean...ights.html
26-02-2015, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2015 07:33 PM by PetrovPolak.)
(26-02-2015 07:20 PM)pablo Wrote:  [quoteNope. Spreading or maintaining the faith always comes first. Money and power lets them do so.

They own you.
[/quote]

Naturally, if it gets larger, yes, that's going to happen. They're far from 'owning me' now, and, even with the power they had in the Middle Ages, they were far from 'owning' anyone back then either, in fact they're influence was the thing that kept crazy kings in check. Don't believe me? Look at what the Protestant kings did as soon as they got rid of the Church.
26-02-2015, 07:35 PM
(26-02-2015 07:12 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Thousands? Where and over what time frame, as according to the actual facts, less than 4% of priests, worldwide, have ever been convicted.

In 2013, there were a total of 412,236 priests worldwide.

4% of 412,236 is 16,489 priests. That's a lot of pedophilia. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-02-2015, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2015 07:44 PM by PetrovPolak.)
(26-02-2015 07:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 07:12 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Thousands? Where and over what time frame, as according to the actual facts, less than 4% of priests, worldwide, have ever been convicted.

In 2013, there were a total of 412,236 priests worldwide.

4% of 412,236 is 16,489 priests. That's a lot of pedophilia. Drinking Beverage

That percent was for all time (IE modern times), not just this year.

Edit: More specifically, 4% between 1950-2002, and that's not even a number of convictions, but just 'accusations'.
26-02-2015, 07:42 PM
(26-02-2015 07:26 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 07:20 PM)pablo Wrote:  [quoteNope. Spreading or maintaining the faith always comes first. Money and power lets them do so.

They own you.

Naturally, if it gets larger, yes, that's going to happen. They're far from 'owning me' now, and, even with the power they had in the Middle Ages, they were far from 'owning' anyone back then either, in fact they're influence was the thing that kept crazy kings in check. Don't believe me? Look at what the Protestant kings did as soon as they got rid of the Church.
[/quote]

You pointing out other religion's errors does not help your argument. I don't believe in them either.
Do you understand what an atheist is? Do you know where you are?
26-02-2015, 07:43 PM
(26-02-2015 07:13 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 07:03 PM)DLJ Wrote:  You were equating # of accusation with # of convictions / proof of guilt.

I wasn't.

Drinking Beverage

Yes you were. Those long dead priests weren't convicted either, and yet all those websites still list them as pedophiles. That should constitute some sort of arrest in my book.

Perhaps I was... in your imagination.

Re-read what I actually wrote, please.

Cheers

26-02-2015, 07:46 PM
(26-02-2015 07:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 07:26 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Which of course brings them more money and power.
They own you.

You pointing out other religion's errors does not help your argument. I don't believe in them either.
Do you understand what an atheist is? Do you know where you are?
[/quote]

Actually, I don't think you understand. I would want the Church (Pre-Vatican 2) to have plenty of money and power in order to further the agenda of spreading and maintaining the faith. I don't see it as a problem.
26-02-2015, 07:47 PM
(26-02-2015 07:43 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 07:13 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Yes you were. Those long dead priests weren't convicted either, and yet all those websites still list them as pedophiles. That should constitute some sort of arrest in my book.

Perhaps I was... in your imagination.

Re-read what I actually wrote, please.

Cheers

Alright, so to get things straight, do you think that listing priests that were accused long after their deaths as convicted pedophiles is wrong? Yes or no?