Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(26-02-2015 09:14 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 08:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  That would make the number even larger than 16,489. Thumbsup

Of course, but it's all the priests, worldwide, over a large time period like that. Not to mention, it's still much lower than the general populace, and certainly nearly every other organization of this size. Hell the public school systems have numbers of abuse cases around three times that number in half the time, yet no one bats an eye.

So over 16,000 accused preists worldwide is an acceptable number to you?
How many would it take for it to be unacceptable?
Do you really believe that no one "bats an eye" at others cases?
I bet you think the church is being wrongfully persecuted too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2015, 09:26 PM
(26-02-2015 09:16 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 08:40 PM)pablo Wrote:  Not what I said.
You have to prove the church is what you are so sure it is, not what it isn't.
Again, you know you're talking to an atheist right?
Do you have any idea how many times I've been asked to prove a negative?
Why would I do that to you?

Well, it's not like their mission statement is unclear or anything, and they act in accordance with it, so that's pretty much it.

I think it's time to give up on you PP. You obviously aren't here for any serious reasons.
26-02-2015, 09:26 PM
(26-02-2015 09:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 09:14 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Of course, but it's all the priests, worldwide, over a large time period like that. Not to mention, it's still much lower than the general populace, and certainly nearly every other organization of this size. Hell the public school systems have numbers of abuse cases around three times that number in half the time, yet no one bats an eye.

Prove it. Let's see the study. Peer reviewed. It SHOULD be much much much much lower if Jebus meant anything. It's not "lower" and you have no proof it was or is.
You belong to a pedophile organization.

BTW, define the word "substance" and the word "accident".
Then tell me what EXACTLY changes. Then tell me how the "accident" of wood would be the same, but the "substance" of wood not be wood.

1)
Quote:This article presents the results of the Nature and Scope of Child Sexual Abuse by Catholic Priests from 1950 to 2002. Ninetyseven
percent of dioceses (representing 99% of diocesan priests) and 64% of religious communities (representing 83% of religious
priests) responded to the request for data. Findings showed that 4,392 priests (4%) had allegations of abuse

-KAREN J. TERRY
John Jay College of Criminal Justice

http://www.uk.sagepub.com/bartol3e/study.../Terry.pdf

Guess I got some bad information after all, as the study only covered the United States, still though, 1950-2002 is a pretty damn long time period for such a low record of abuse allegations in comparison with the general populace.
26-02-2015, 09:28 PM
(26-02-2015 09:26 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 09:16 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Well, it's not like their mission statement is unclear or anything, and they act in accordance with it, so that's pretty much it.

I think it's time to give up on you PP. You obviously aren't here for any serious reasons.

What? They act in accordance with their mission statement of spreading and maintaining the faith. Nothing I've seen proves the Church is ungeniune in that mission.
26-02-2015, 09:30 PM
(26-02-2015 09:21 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 09:14 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Of course, but it's all the priests, worldwide, over a large time period like that. Not to mention, it's still much lower than the general populace, and certainly nearly every other organization of this size. Hell the public school systems have numbers of abuse cases around three times that number in half the time, yet no one bats an eye.

So over 16,000 accused preists worldwide is an acceptable number to you?
How many would it take for it to be unacceptable?
Do you really believe that no one "bats an eye" at others cases?
I bet you think the church is being wrongfully persecuted too.

Around 200 less that number of murders are committed in the U.S. yearly, so yes, the low rate is acceptable. I'd rather it be none, but I think we all know that's impossible for anything, anywhere.

Edit: By the by, my bad, the study only refers to the United States, not the world, still though.
26-02-2015, 09:32 PM
(26-02-2015 08:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 08:09 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  You don't seem to get it. I don't believe that secular human rights exist. Prove that these 'natural rights' objectively exist, and are what the UN says they are.

Secular human rights exist by agreement among people. How is that not obvious?

Except when some people don't agree, in which case they're "humanitarian intervention'd" until they do.
26-02-2015, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2015 09:49 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-02-2015 09:26 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 09:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Prove it. Let's see the study. Peer reviewed. It SHOULD be much much much much lower if Jebus meant anything. It's not "lower" and you have no proof it was or is.
You belong to a pedophile organization.

BTW, define the word "substance" and the word "accident".
Then tell me what EXACTLY changes. Then tell me how the "accident" of wood would be the same, but the "substance" of wood not be wood.

1)
Quote:This article presents the results of the Nature and Scope of Child Sexual Abuse by Catholic Priests from 1950 to 2002. Ninetyseven
percent of dioceses (representing 99% of diocesan priests) and 64% of religious communities (representing 83% of religious
priests) responded to the request for data. Findings showed that 4,392 priests (4%) had allegations of abuse

-KAREN J. TERRY

Guess I got some bad information after all, as the study only covered the United States, still though, 1950-2002 is a pretty damn long time period for such a low record of abuse allegations in comparison with the general populace.

You can't possibly be serious. You think asking the perpetrators is objective ? Hahahahaha.
You think a study commissioned by the USC of Pedophile Protectors, (the very same people who DO accept the council you reject as authentic and real in every way), is legitimate ? You don't even know what side you're on. The uSCCB accepts Vatican II. The Catholic Church accepts the council. You are NOT a Catholic.
You forgot to define the words and explain what I asked.
BTW, I'll watch your video. I'll have a response later.
You're not doing well here at all. Did you think you were going to ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-02-2015, 09:53 PM
(26-02-2015 09:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 09:26 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  1)
-KAREN J. TERRY

You can't possibly be serious. You think asking the perpetrators is objective ? Hahahahaha.
You think a study commissioned by the USC of Pedophile Protectors, (the very same people who DO accept the council you reject as authentic and real in every way), is legitimate ? You don't even know what side you're on. The uSCCB accepts Vatican II. The Catholic Church accepts the council. You are NOT a Catholic.
You forgot to define the words and explain what I asked.
BTW, I'll watch your video. I'll have a response later.
You're not doing well here at all. Did you think you were going to ?

Quote:You can't possibly be serious. You think asking the perpetrators is objective ? Hahahahaha.
You think a study commissioned by the USC of Pedophile Protectors, (the very same people who DO accept the council you reject as authentic and real in every way), is legitimate ?

If you actually read it, you would realize that that statistic was one they took from a study done by the John Jay School of Criminal Justice, not done by themselves, you moron.

Quote:The uSCCB accepts Vatican II. The Catholic Church accepts the council. You are NOT a Catholic.

Keep repeating that, it might actually become true after the thousandth time.

Quote:You're not doing well here at all.

Only in your diseased mind.
26-02-2015, 09:57 PM
(26-02-2015 09:26 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  ... still though, 1950-2002 is a pretty damn long time period for such a low record of abuse allegations in comparison with the general populace.

That's a poor endorsement of an institution that explicitly declares itself infallible, demands its followers do as it says (but not, apparently, as it does), and claims supernatural facility that elevates it above the common capacities of fallible, mortal man.

That just ONE of its officers/representatives slipped through divine, "inerrant" screening makes an instant lie of its affectations, demolishes its credibility, reduces it to just another human institution as corrupt and fallible as any of them. That it wasn't one but thousands on par with general population statistics only makes the rubble, as Mr. Churchill said of another cataclysm of similar scale, bounce.
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
26-02-2015, 09:58 PM
(26-02-2015 09:32 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 08:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  Secular human rights exist by agreement among people. How is that not obvious?

Except when some people don't agree, in which case they're "humanitarian intervention'd" until they do.

Unlike when people disagreed with the Catholic Church and were burned at the stake.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user