Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2015, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2015 10:37 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(26-02-2015 10:30 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 10:29 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You still have not defined it, or proven it exists. You knw NOTHING about the Bible.

I 'have' defined it, and like I just said, proving it exists wasn't the original damn issue.

Thanks for admitting you can't, and that there is no evidence for that old meaningless garbage."Substance" my ass. LaughatLaughatLaughatLaughatLaughat
You have not defined it in a way that has any meaning to anyone in 2015. All you did is repeat garbage from the Middle Ages BEFORE science came along.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-02-2015, 10:33 PM
(26-02-2015 10:24 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 10:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no such thing as substance or essence apart from the thing itself. That Platonic bullshit is from the intellectual childhood of civilization.

I suggest you move beyond ancient and medieval philosophy and join the Enlightenment. In other words, time to grow up.

The "Enlightenment" was a bunch of authority defying, self-serving, self-masturbatory claptrap propagated by a bunch of overgrown children. The fact that you refer to anything before the Enlightenment as an "intellectual infancy" proves this still standing fact.

The Enlightenment created the modern world - come join us. The ancients and medievals gave us infant mortality, short lifespans, endemic disease, monarchies and theocracies, superstition and horror.

The life you enjoy was brought to you by rationality and science, enabled by the Enlightenment. You owe it not just your thanks, but your health and your life.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
26-02-2015, 10:38 PM
(26-02-2015 10:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 10:24 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  The "Enlightenment" was a bunch of authority defying, self-serving, self-masturbatory claptrap propagated by a bunch of overgrown children. The fact that you refer to anything before the Enlightenment as an "intellectual infancy" proves this still standing fact.

The Enlightenment created the modern world - come join us. The ancients and medievals gave us infant mortality, short lifespans, endemic disease, monarchies and theocracies, superstition and horror.

The life you enjoy was brought to you by rationality and science, enabled by the Enlightenment. You owe it not just your thanks, but your health and your life.

AND he goes to the doctor and makes use of science in every way possible. But is too stupid to even recognize it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-02-2015, 10:48 PM
(26-02-2015 10:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 10:24 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  The "Enlightenment" was a bunch of authority defying, self-serving, self-masturbatory claptrap propagated by a bunch of overgrown children. The fact that you refer to anything before the Enlightenment as an "intellectual infancy" proves this still standing fact.

Quote:The Enlightenment created the modern world - come join us.

No, actually, hardworking people and intellectuals with non-artificial intelligence and theories that turned out to actually be valid instead of a bunch of crap, created the modern world, the Enlightenment thinkers just whined about shit and acted like elitist, artificially superior, assholes as they were doing so.

Quote:The ancients and medievals gave us infant mortality, short lifespans, endemic disease,

Oh? They invented infant mortality, shorter lifespans, and disease? Huh, must have missed that in history class. Tell me, who invented disease again? I forget.

Quote:monarchies and theocracies

I actually have no problem with this.

Quote:superstition and horror.

Well, I really couldn't care less about the 'superstition' part, since you people define all religion as superstition, but horror? The Enlightenment was responsible for the most horror in a long time. Should I tell you of the atrocities committed during the French Revolution, how they slaughtered, en masse, an entire town of unarmed civilians, men women and children, because they spoke out against the revolution? How about France after the revolution? And that's just 'one' example.

Quote:The life you enjoy was brought to you by rationality and science, enabled by the Enlightenment.

No, sorry, rationality and science weren't discovered solely by the Enlightenment. Literally any historian will tell you that the Church, as opposed to your atheist fairy tales, was one of the largest proponents of science and intellectualism in the world, so much so, that the Jesuit order had one of the best cosmology programs in the known world. Not to mention the intellectual and scientific propagation by the Persians, the Romans, the Greeks, ect. The Enlightenment was not responsible for rationality or science.
26-02-2015, 10:49 PM
(26-02-2015 10:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 10:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  The Enlightenment created the modern world - come join us. The ancients and medievals gave us infant mortality, short lifespans, endemic disease, monarchies and theocracies, superstition and horror.

AND he goes to the doctor and makes use of science in every way possible. But is too stupid to even recognize it.

Science is NOT yours. Stop trying to make it out to be yours.
26-02-2015, 10:51 PM
(26-02-2015 10:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 10:30 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  I 'have' defined it, and like I just said, proving it exists wasn't the original damn issue.

Thanks for admitting you can't, and that there is no evidence for that old meaningless garbage."Substance" my ass. LaughatLaughatLaughatLaughatLaughat
You have not defined it in a way that has any meaning to anyone in 2015. All you did is repeat garbage from the Middle Ages BEFORE science came along.

Are you some sort of idiot? So, because the definition for it was created before the Enlightenment, that makes it invalid? You people are a friggin joke.
26-02-2015, 10:56 PM
(26-02-2015 10:49 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 10:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  AND he goes to the doctor and makes use of science in every way possible. But is too stupid to even recognize it.

Science is NOT yours. Stop trying to make it out to be yours.

It's a hell of a lot more mine than yours. Clearly YOU know nothing about it, Mr. Substance. Weeping
You show me ONE scientists that talks in your ancient language.

Still waiting for the list of 10 bishops that deny Vatican II was authentic, Mr. Heretic.

26-02-2015, 11:02 PM
(26-02-2015 10:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 10:49 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Science is NOT yours. Stop trying to make it out to be yours.

It's a hell of a lot more mine than yours. Clearly YOU know nothing about it, Mr. Substance. Weeping

Still waiting for the list of 10 bishops that deny Vatican II was authentic, Mr. Heretic.

Quote:It's a hell of a lot more mine than yours. Clearly YOU know nothing about it, Mr. Substance. Weeping

Well that'll be pretty hard considering philosophy isn't the same as fucking science. Also, appeal to majority fallacy, again.

Quote:Still waiting for the list of 10 bishops that deny Vatican II was authentic, Mr. Heretic.

Another appeal to majority fallacy. However, Cardinal Burke is one of them, and Archbishop Lefebvre was another.
26-02-2015, 11:03 PM
(26-02-2015 10:48 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 10:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  The Enlightenment created the modern world - come join us. The ancients and medievals gave us infant mortality, short lifespans, endemic disease, monarchies and theocracies, superstition and horror.

Quote:The Enlightenment created the modern world - come join us.

No, actually, hardworking people and intellectuals with non-artificial intelligence and theories that turned out to actually be valid instead of a bunch of crap, created the modern world, the Enlightenment thinkers just whined about shit and acted like elitist, artificially superior, assholes as they were doing so.

Modern science began with the Enlightenment. The rest of your rant is simply a rant.

Quote:
Quote:The ancients and medievals gave us infant mortality, short lifespans, endemic disease,

Oh? They invented infant mortality, shorter lifespans, and disease? Huh, must have missed that in history class. Tell me, who invented disease again? I forget.

No, they did nothing to successfully combat disease, lengthen lifespan, improve health.

In your world, God invented disease.

Quote:
Quote:monarchies and theocracies

I actually have no problem with this.

Which makes you the mortal foe of rational people.

Quote:
Quote:superstition and horror.

Well, I really couldn't care less about the 'superstition' part, since you people define all religion as superstition, but horror? The Enlightenment was responsible for the most horror in a long time. Should I tell you of the atrocities committed during the French Revolution, how they slaughtered, en masse, an entire town of unarmed civilians, men women and children, because they spoke out against the revolution? How about France after the revolution? And that's just 'one' example.

Yeah, compared to the kindly ministrations of the Office of the Inquisition?

Quote:
Quote:The life you enjoy was brought to you by rationality and science, enabled by the Enlightenment.

No, sorry, rationality and science weren't discovered solely by the Enlightenment. Literally any historian will tell you that the Church, as opposed to your atheist fairy tales, was one of the largest proponents of science and intellectualism in the world, so much so, that the Jesuit order had one of the best cosmology programs in the known world. Not to mention the intellectual and scientific propagation by the Persians, the Romans, the Greeks, ect. The Enlightenment was not responsible for rationality or science.

Tell us the tale of Galileo, please. Consider

"The history of science during the Age of Enlightenment traces developments in science and technology during the Age of Reason, when Enlightenment ideas and ideals were being disseminated across Europe and North America. Generally, the period spans from the final days of the 16th and 17th-century Scientific revolution until roughly the 19th century, after the French Revolution (1789) and the Napoleonic era (1799–1815). The scientific revolution saw the creation of the first scientific societies, the rise of Copernicanism, and the displacement of Aristotelian natural philosophy and Galen’s ancient medical doctrine. By the 18th century, scientific authority began to displace religious authority, and the disciplines of alchemy and astrology lost scientific credibility."

Science in the Age of Enlightenment

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-02-2015, 11:08 PM
(26-02-2015 10:51 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 10:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Thanks for admitting you can't, and that there is no evidence for that old meaningless garbage."Substance" my ass. LaughatLaughatLaughatLaughatLaughat

Are you some sort of idiot? So, because the definition for it was created before the Enlightenment, that makes it invalid? You people are a friggin joke.

psssst. The world progresses.
I never said anything about it being created in the Enlightenment. Do try to keep up, old guy. I realize you're from the Middle Ages, but please try. Do do a bad job of trying to deflect from the fact you spout nothing but drivel. What DID you think coming here with your ancient religious crap ?