Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2015, 11:18 PM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
How ignorant do you have to be to discard the works during the enlightenment that created what is considered modern science?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2015, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2015 11:22 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-02-2015 11:02 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 10:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's a hell of a lot more mine than yours. Clearly YOU know nothing about it, Mr. Substance. Weeping
You show me ONE scientists that talks in your ancient language.

Still waiting for the list of 10 bishops that deny Vatican II was authentic, Mr. Heretic.

Quote:It's a hell of a lot more mine than yours. Clearly YOU know nothing about it, Mr. Substance. Weeping
You show me ONE scientists that talks in your ancient language.

Well that'll be pretty hard considering philosophy isn't the same as fucking science. Also, appeal to majority fallacy, again.

Quote:Still waiting for the list of 10 bishops that deny Vatican II was authentic, Mr. Heretic.

Another appeal to majority fallacy. However, Cardinal Burke is one of them, and Archbishop Lefebvre was another.

Both nuts. Both heretics, just like you. I KNEW you were no Catholic. You're a sad little Right Wing Nut Case. BTW, I think Sucipe Domine has a forum called the "sacred sciences", so you have no clue what you're talking about, do you ?

And thanks for admitting your ancient nonsense has no support in science.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-02-2015, 11:27 PM
http://www.ibtimes.com/pope-contraceptio...ex-1788626

If there really is a Hell the aristocracy of the Catholic Church would surely go straight there.

“Francis said the woman should have been more responsible and the Catholic Church’s ban on modern contraception does not mean everyone should have large families.”

Because it’s always the woman’s fault in this enclave of misogynists.

“The church has never promoted mindless reproduction,” he said, but opposes artificial contraception on the grounds that “God created the female body perfectly.”

Instead, the church urges women to abstain from sex on the most fertile days of their monthly cycle, among other methods.

Because it’s always the woman’s responsibility in this enclave of misogynists.

"The pope also called for "responsible parenthood" Monday, describing his interaction with a woman who was pregnant with her eighth child, according to the Associated Press. "That is an irresponsibility!" he said, noting that the woman might argue that she should trust in God. “But God gives you methods to be responsible,” he said."

Eight is irresponsible! Seven...not so much.

"Francis said three children per family would sustain the world's population and ensure responsible parenthood. "This is why there are marriage support groups in the church with people who are experts on such issues," he said. "And there are pastors and I know that there are many acceptable solutions that have helped with this."

Because getting marriage and family advice regarding children from old men who have never had either is always the logical choice. Dodgy

The Catholic Church is a fossil that needs to be put in a dusty display case of failed mythologies and barbaric thinking. It remains the antithesis of humane treatment to women and children and a safe harbor for pedophiles. It disgusts me and should disgust any thinking and caring human being.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
26-02-2015, 11:28 PM
(26-02-2015 11:18 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  How ignorant do you have to be to discard the works during the enlightenment that created what is considered modern science?

I actually don't, I just discard Enlightenment 'thinkers' like Thomas Paign or Voltaire. I mostly just hate the assertion that literally everything that came before the Enlightenment is invalid, stupid, and wrong.
26-02-2015, 11:31 PM
(26-02-2015 11:28 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 11:18 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  How ignorant do you have to be to discard the works during the enlightenment that created what is considered modern science?

I actually don't, I just discard Enlightenment 'thinkers' like Thomas Paign or Voltaire. I mostly just hate the assertion that literally everything that came before the Enlightenment is invalid, stupid, and wrong.

No one says that. You made that shit up.
Why aren't you praying your beads ?
You actually think anyone here takes ANYTHING you say seriously ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-02-2015, 11:42 PM
(26-02-2015 11:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 11:28 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  I actually don't, I just discard Enlightenment 'thinkers' like Thomas Paign or Voltaire. I mostly just hate the assertion that literally everything that came before the Enlightenment is invalid, stupid, and wrong.

Banana_zorroBanana_zorro I don't Banana_zorroBanana_zorro
I can prove it too!
26-02-2015, 11:47 PM
(26-02-2015 11:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 10:48 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  No, actually, hardworking people and intellectuals with non-artificial intelligence and theories that turned out to actually be valid instead of a bunch of crap, created the modern world, the Enlightenment thinkers just whined about shit and acted like elitist, artificially superior, assholes as they were doing so.

Modern science began with the Enlightenment. The rest of your rant is simply a rant.

Quote:Oh? They invented infant mortality, shorter lifespans, and disease? Huh, must have missed that in history class. Tell me, who invented disease again? I forget.

No, they did nothing to successfully combat disease, lengthen lifespan, improve health.

In your world, God invented disease.

Quote:I actually have no problem with this.

Which makes you the mortal foe of rational people.

Quote:Well, I really couldn't care less about the 'superstition' part, since you people define all religion as superstition, but horror? The Enlightenment was responsible for the most horror in a long time. Should I tell you of the atrocities committed during the French Revolution, how they slaughtered, en masse, an entire town of unarmed civilians, men women and children, because they spoke out against the revolution? How about France after the revolution? And that's just 'one' example.

Yeah, compared to the kindly ministrations of the Office of the Inquisition?

Quote:No, sorry, rationality and science weren't discovered solely by the Enlightenment. Literally any historian will tell you that the Church, as opposed to your atheist fairy tales, was one of the largest proponents of science and intellectualism in the world, so much so, that the Jesuit order had one of the best cosmology programs in the known world. Not to mention the intellectual and scientific propagation by the Persians, the Romans, the Greeks, ect. The Enlightenment was not responsible for rationality or science.

Tell us the tale of Galileo, please. Consider

"The history of science during the Age of Enlightenment traces developments in science and technology during the Age of Reason, when Enlightenment ideas and ideals were being disseminated across Europe and North America. Generally, the period spans from the final days of the 16th and 17th-century Scientific revolution until roughly the 19th century, after the French Revolution (1789) and the Napoleonic era (1799–1815). The scientific revolution saw the creation of the first scientific societies, the rise of Copernicanism, and the displacement of Aristotelian natural philosophy and Galen’s ancient medical doctrine. By the 18th century, scientific authority began to displace religious authority, and the disciplines of alchemy and astrology lost scientific credibility."

Science in the Age of Enlightenment

Quote:Modern science began with the Enlightenment. The rest of your rant is simply a rant.

Science did not begin with the Enlightenment.

Quote:No, they did nothing to successfully combat disease, lengthen lifespan, improve health.

In your world, God invented disease.

Yeah, actually they did. The thing is that most of simply didn't work. That doesn't mean they weren't constantly trying and learning though. Hell, trepanning to reduce swelling on the brain is still something that works today, and they also knew how to tend to physical injuries such as breaking your arm, or the more common 'getting shot with an arrow', so did say they did 'nothing' is not true.

Quote:Which makes you the mortal foe of rational people.

Yeah, sure, okay bud.

Quote:Yeah, compared to the kindly ministrations of the Office of the Inquisition?

Actually, the Inquisition only put to death 2000 people over 200 years, and even then, they always dealt out the punishment after a lengthy trial where they looked at evidence and testimony, and made every attempt to deliver the right judgement.

Post revolutionary France, however, killed hundreds of thousands, millions even, if you count the wars they fought to spread secularism across Europe, and there was no due process, no trial, or no sense involved in the matter. They were so paranoid, in their constant executions of people, that they actually ended up executing one of the leaders of the Revolution for something he didn't say. Try to listen to actual historians for a change.

Quote:Tell us the tale of Galileo, please. Consider

What's there to tell? The evidence Galileo presented wasn't right, and still isn't valid proof of heliocentrism to this day, he presented nothing that wasn't already refuted by Aristotle's arguments against heliocentrism. Not to mention, his version of heliocentrism wasn't even correct to begin with. He thought that the Sun was the center of the entire universe, not just the Solar System. Once again, try reading actual historians instead of tracts from the Internet.

Quote:"The history of science during the Age of Enlightenment traces developments in science and technology during the Age of Reason, when Enlightenment ideas and ideals were being disseminated across Europe and North America. Generally, the period spans from the final days of the 16th and 17th-century Scientific revolution until roughly the 19th century, after the French Revolution (1789) and the Napoleonic era (1799–1815). The scientific revolution saw the creation of the first scientific societies, the rise of Copernicanism, and the displacement of Aristotelian natural philosophy and Galen’s ancient medical doctrine. By the 18th century, scientific authority began to displace religious authority, and the disciplines of alchemy and astrology lost scientific credibility."

Wikipedia: Always a reliable source. Then again, I'm not denying the scientific discoveries that happened during this period, I just hate the stupid ideas of (most) Enlightenment philosophers, and hate the idea that anything that came before the Enlightenment is wrong simply by the virtue of coming before the Enlightenment. I also see no reason to think that all these things wouldn't have been discovered if the French Revolution and subsequent Enlightenment did not take place.

Also, the idea that astrology held any major place within Medieval Europe's academic community in the first place is not true.
26-02-2015, 11:50 PM
(26-02-2015 11:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 11:28 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  I actually don't, I just discard Enlightenment 'thinkers' like Thomas Paign or Voltaire. I mostly just hate the assertion that literally everything that came before the Enlightenment is invalid, stupid, and wrong.

You literally just asserted that my definition of "substance" is wrong because it's a definition that was originally created in the Middle Ages.
26-02-2015, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2015 11:59 PM by PetrovPolak.)
Quote:If there really is a Hell the aristocracy of the Catholic Church would surely go straight there.

“Francis said the woman should have been more responsible and the Catholic Church’s ban on modern contraception does not mean everyone should have large families.”

Because it’s always the woman’s fault in this enclave of misogynists.

“The church has never promoted mindless reproduction,” he said, but opposes artificial contraception on the grounds that “God created the female body perfectly.”

Instead, the church urges women to abstain from sex on the most fertile days of their monthly cycle, among other methods.

Because it’s always the woman’s responsibility in this enclave of misogynists.

I have no doubt in my mind that if he replaced "women" with "men", you would have no problem with it. However, if you want to go that way, it IS mainly the woman's fault, because she's the one with the ability to get pregnant and have children, considering this is a tract against overpopulation.

"The pope also called for "responsible parenthood" Monday, describing his interaction with a woman who was pregnant with her eighth child, according to the Associated Press. "That is an irresponsibility!" he said, noting that the woman might argue that she should trust in God. “But God gives you methods to be responsible,” he said."

Quote:Eight is irresponsible! Seven...not so much.

....what? When did they ever mention seven?

Quote: It remains the antithesis of humane treatment to women

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
27-02-2015, 12:02 AM
(26-02-2015 11:47 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
Quote:Tell us the tale of Galileo, please. Consider

What's there to tell? The evidence Galileo presented wasn't right, and still isn't valid proof of heliocentrism to this day, he presented nothing that wasn't already refuted by Aristotle's arguments against heliocentrism. Not to mention, his version of heliocentrism wasn't even correct to begin with. He thought that the Sun was the center of the entire universe, not just the Solar System. Once again, try reading actual historians instead of tracts from the Internet.

Are you thick, dude? You've conveniently left out the part where he was prosecuted for heresy by the Catholic Church for presenting an idea that went against their teachings of a geocentric universe.